SQL Database

1. SQL Azure Split/Merge - Copy

Split/Merge service should have option to copy source. Currently the SM service does a complete move of a shardlet from the source DB to the new tenant DB. This would allow us to continue to have source as production while we are testing against production data. It also protects us in the event we need to rollback.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DATA SYNC - RIP? January 2017

DATA SYNC - RIP? January 2017

Can we have an up-to-date progress report for Data Sync. It would solve a lot of out client issues but its never come out of preview. Please advise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Incorrect translation of pricing levels

At the price page the levels are presented in English as Basic-Standard-Premium.

The Swedish version on the same page is : Standard-Standard-Premium

Note how "Basic" was translated to "Standard" giving the swedes two different price levels with the same name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quicker freeing up of resource names

I have 2 Azure accounts (1 personal, 1 work). In my personal account I had a SQL server named 'abc' for the sake of argument. Deleted it. Tried to recreate it in my work account and get the error 'abc' is already registered as a server name. Guess it's taking a while to realise and let me reuse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Misreported minimum size requirement on PostgreSQL causes failed deployment

I was trying to deploy an ARM template for Hasura over PostgreSQL, and the Azure Portal UI said the minimum size for the Database SKU Size was 5210, so I put that in and the deployment failed. It's a typo, I believe it should be 5120.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Database Size tells me it is full, but doesn't let me change the size/increase it

In the new portal, under SQL Databases, there's a panel called Database Size. Selecting that panel shows me a Donut Graph which shows me that I have used all 10 GB of my 10 GB limit. But there's no way to change the size and no hyperlink offering help! After calling support, I learned you have to go to the old portal to change the size. My Tier says I have a 250 GB limit, but this was a database created 3 years ago when 10 GB was the limit. Either automatically increase the limit as I change my tier,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow acces to Azure services by region

On the SQL Firewall page have an option that says Allow access from Azure Services in Region where each azure region is listed and you select which ones to whitelist. The reason for this in my case is that I have functions on a function app that is on a consumption plan and so I had to get the azure data center up range for Canada central, Convert them to IPv4 start and end IPs and then manually enter them into the whitelist. And I’d expect they change over time. The Boolean allow access to azure services option currently available…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. List Microsoft Applications which can make of Azure SQL Databases

Please consider creating and maintaining a page which lists all Microsoft products which support use of Azure SQL Databases as opposed to an IaaS or Managed Instance solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Revised response to: Error SQL71564: Error validating element [sql user]: The element [sql user] has been orphaned from its login

The above error causes a import of a SSMS data tier application (bacpac file) to fail. To generate such an export may have taken a significant amount of time to execute. The resolution to the issue would have been to create the required logins or delete the users and then re-export. A more friendly way of dealing with this would be to prompt during the import process. Provide the option to let the import continue and to not create any orphaned users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Native support to translate between different Coordinate reference systems

Native support to translate between different Coordinate reference systems. Even if this was down to the user to define a CRS with, say, OGC WKT or a PRJ file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Inconsistent pricing in SQL database and SQL reservation blades

Azure Portal contains the following relevant blades:
    * 'Configure' blade for SQL database (or SQL database pool)
    * 'Create SQL Reserved vCore' blade for purchasing SQL reservations

*SQL reservation blade*
    The SQL reservation blade contains an annotation next to quoted reservation cost, which indicates a discount off the PAYG rate.
    For example, the blade might display something like 'Reservation cost AUD 1,416; Estimated savings 35%'.
    It is noted that the Reservation Price is expressed on a 1-year or 3-year basis. This value can be easily converted to a monthly equivalent rate by dividing by 12 or 36, as the case…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need to apply proper UI and proper SQL management studio. The SQL management studio needs to be like locally

Need to apply proper UI and proper SQL management studio. The SQL management studio needs to be like locally

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fine tune backup retention

We have a customer that cannot use SQL Azure because they have a requirement that they cannot keep data held in their database for longer than 48 hours.

The minimum retention period is 7 days for SQL Azure, so we have to use a VM with SQL installed....

Can we have an option to be able to fine tune the retention periods of the backups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How To Delta Airlines Customer Service Book Flight Ticket?

The Delta Airlines Customer Service has an accessible official with whom you can interact with and learn all about your issues. The Airlines Phone Number is there to support all users and provide them with an insight of the airlines. They will offer steps for the completion of all procedure. If you need on-time support and reliable information, Delta Airlines Customer Service Number is the best option.
    For More Information Visit Here: https://delta.airlinescustomerservice.org/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SQL Management Studio functionality in the Azure portal to manage the SQL Databases

Instead of connecting your local installation of SQL Management studio to the Azure platform. It would be great to have a way of exploring the Azure SQL databases and passing commands via the portal itself. This would make managing databases on the go much easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. support in-memory technology in basic service tier.

Hi

I need to run perf test first with In-memory techonlogy for my website.

so I have to run migration in basic service tier for table,sp,function and view or else but I did not want to pay during development or migration.

if we can do it, i can easy to transfer my code to other servie tier when my website has a lot of requests in the future.

I hope use In-Memory technology in basic service tier.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide notifications when restoring an Azure SQL database

I've been using the portal this morning to restore a Azure SQL database and there's no indication of progress. I'd expect something to pop up in the notification area saying when it's started and completed, ideally with an estimated time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Typo in security group rule

See attached picture. Choosing MS SQL as service gets port "1443" instead of "1433".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Site Update about ATP

A customer Found an issue on https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/sql-database/elastic/

Advanced Threat Protection SQL Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) – Please see Azure Security Center pricing page for details.
    the ATP has been replaced by ADS already

Please update the site if its correct. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Suggestions for Azure SQL DB

Azure SQL should support SMX compression on NIC's HW level, so that it can reduce the traffic over network and reduce latency. also it should support table partition feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Feedback and Knowledge Base