SQL Database

1. SQL Injection

The SQL Injection detection features are a nice security feature. However, that are lacking in a couple of significant ways. When a query is flagged as suspect, no concrete information is given about what in the query is suspect. I understand that perhaps this is intentional because of a desire to hide from attackers information about how to work around the algorithms. At the same time, real users can easily be left in the dark trying to determine how to refactor a valid query to not trip the algorithm. False positives with this feature are incredibly bad and taints the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Size restrictions - planned to grow past 8TB?

We have a 6TB database and see the current 8TB limit as the main reason we cannot use it. Are there plans to support larger database size, and if so, can you share at least a guess on the time frame this could be implemented? Are there technical hurdles that would prevent it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide SQL Management in an Embedded version (lite) for small clients. This would be really cool.

Not all clients are huge and not all of them have hired IT skilled staff. So offering the possibility for developers to embed the Sql Designer into webpages would be really cool. This might not be feasible or even good practice for large databases but small ones, could be a great idea. It might exist already ... If it doesn't ... Please push it to the decision makers. I would even offer to do it for you guys :D

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug report - Discrepancies typed as 'discrepencies '

Team,

Under "Data Security" , while showing vulnerability assessment overview

VA2061 - Auditing should be enabled at the server level

Below description has spelling wrong for "Discrepancies "

"Azure SQL Database Auditing tracks database events and writes them to an audit log in your Azure storage account. Auditing helps you understand database activity and gain insight into discrepencies and anomalies that could indicate business concerns or suspected security violations, as well as helps you meet regulatory compliance.
    For more information see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-auditing "

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide T-SQL equivalent command for the Switch-AzuremRmSQLDatabaseFailOverGroup

Provide T-SQL equivalent command for the Switch-AzuremRmSQLDatabaseFailOverGroup

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SQL Data Sync no acepta mayor a 500 tablas

I have a problem, when i try to load my database on premise to the cloud, it marks me the following error can´t crate more than 500 tables

Can you help me, please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acquire TabStudio plugin and integrate into SSMS

www.tabsstudio.com plug-in allows for editor tabs to be displayed vertically on multiple rows, rather than just the default behavior of right-left navigation on a single row when too many opened documents exceed the available width. BTW, that product works for Visual Studio with the same functionality. Add the new configuration settings to Tools | Options |Environment | Tabs and Windows setting page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. database copy different subscription

I have the need to create a copy of several databases into a different subscription. Other than copying them to a "server" on the same sub and then moving that server, them copying those dbs to the proper target server, I don't see any other obvious way to do this. I would prefer not to have to make backups to storage accounts first.

Please add the ability to copy and move a DB to any sql server we have access to on any subscription.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to reduce the number of decimal places lat/longs are written to WKT or GeoJSON with

Ability to reduce the number of decimal places lat/longs are written to WKT or GeoJSON with. We have reduced our Json payload by well over 50% by reducing the lat long to 8 decimal places. This is still gives us about 1cm accuracy. However we have had to use C# code using sqlserver.types running outside Sql to perform this task. It would make like much easier if we could do this natively – the only way I can see to do this is SQL is through string manipulation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Missing Firewall option in new portal

I read in some documentation that I can set firewall options in the new portal. However, I can't find it anywhere in the new portal.
    I had to switch to the old portal to allow my IP addrress access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I do see that the documentation here needs fixing (will submit this request to the content team):

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-configure-firewall-settings/

In the meantime, you can do the following:
    If you’re not currently connected, connect to the Azure portal.
    On the default blade, click SQL servers.
    On the SQL servers blade, click the server on which to create the firewall rule.
    You’ll see a blade with a Settings section and “Firewall” as an option.

Thanks for submitting this feedback.

Best Regards,

Joe Sack
    Principal PM, SQL Server and Azure SQL DB

11. Fix the database storage quota calculation in V12

It looks like the quota calculation reported in the portal may be double counting ... possibly from sys.indexes.
    I'm uploading a database at 75GB including indexes. The Azure SQL Database except for PK's does not include the indexes so the upload is certainly less than 35GB. Yet, it reports an exceeding 250GB storage quota error.

If I'm wrong, please do let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add General Purpose service tier supported region

We were trying to deploy Gen4 resources in different regions. But some deployments fail due to some regions not supporting Gen4. In the Documentation, we found that Australi region is not supporting. But we found that "UAE North", "UK South", "UK West", "South Africa North" and "France Central" also not supporting Gen4 resources. Is it poosible to add this to documentation.? It might help developers to time. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. D365 has settings for max threads. You do not provide this needed information. I need to know how many cores each tier level supports.

Need you to provide core-count for each service tier. I don't know why you leave out this information since D365 has settings where number of cores has to be considered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Run Microsoft Flow when alert

I want to run automation by Microsoft Flow when Azure SQL Database alert.
    for do business workflow with no-code by everyone.

My scenario:
    1. When Azure SQL Database alert, notify DBA, and add it to the support system

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make ARM Template Replica Creation Idempotent in all Cases

When creating a replica instance through ARM template, the correct configuration is to use a "createMode" of "OnlineSecondary" and then provide the source (primary) database instance.

In line with the "desired state" intent of ARM templates, it is possible to re-deploy the same template without error.

However, under certain conditions, changes to the ARM template will cause the deploy operation to fail with the error "database with that name already exists".

For example, provisioning a replica database with firewall rule, then re-deploying without those rules causes this to manifest - see attached templates (deploy A, redeploy A, deploy B).

Please…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Want To Shift Then Know About Packers and Movers Noida?

From planning your relocation, to packing and wrapping your belongings and assets with proper care, to loading and unloading, to rearrangement, our proficient moving experts keep a close eye on each and every phase of the relocation process to tackle any type of possible issue. As a rapidly growing and eminent Packers and Movers in Noida and the surrounding area, we take pride in providing client friendly and professional logistics services to achieve utmost client contentment. Packers And Movers is well known service specializing in residential relocation in and out from all major cities within India.
    For More Information Visit…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For the free trial, as a developer, I should be able to utilize the use of SQL Express database for member authentication.

For the free trial, as a developer, I should be able to utilize the use of SQL Express database for member authentication without having to pay for the cost of creating a VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. DTU resizing suck Databases

DTU resizing takes the running DB tasks in the name of current transactions. At any point in time the running database should not go offline. The Azure support executive mentioned that currently there is no such feature, but it's really important for Microsoft to ensure the services are online always. You cannot call it as feature of your bug!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Choosing a server for Azure SQL Database shows old deleted servers

Choosing a server for an Azure SQL Database shows servers that were deleted long ago

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Feedback and Knowledge Base