SQL Database

1. create elastic job agents

I want to try elastic job agents service. However when config Preview terms, this prevent my accepted to start this service? So, How could I register this service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. arm template azure sql server name

When using an ARM template to deploy a new SQL Server and Database if the ServerName contains uppercase letters it successfully deploys, but the deploy of the database and firewall rules fail because of a bad ServerName (probably a good thing).

You can't delete that mixed case server through the Portal directly, butI did discover that you can delete it by deleting the Resource Group it resides in.

Attached is a template that isn't forcing lowercase server names that should reproduce the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide option to select MS SQL Collation during VM+MS SQL provisioning in AZURE Portal

Every time MS SQL Deployment (IAAS) in AZURE, we've to raise Ticket to AZURE Support for request to change Collation Type. It is challenged for us since we don't have DBA in place. Please consider to make the option enable during VM+MS SQL provisioning in AZURE Portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. UID Property Not Needed in SQL Database - Database Connection Strings for new ODBC Azure AD Integrated Auth

Hi there

I see that in the Database Connection Strings page for an Azure SQL Database, you've added support for the new Azure AD Authentication types, which is great.

However, I think there's an issue with the "Azure AD Integrated Auth" version (refer to the "PortalAzureInt_Auth.jpg" screenshot attached): it seems to include the "UID" key value pair:

Driver={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};Server=tcp:XXXXXXX.database.windows.net,1433;Database=XXXXX;Uid={yourusername};Encrypt=yes;TrustServerCertificate=no;Connection Timeout=30;Authentication=ActiveDirectoryIntegrated

As I understand it, the UID should not be supplied when connecting to the database with via this mechanism.

When creating an ODBC connection via ODBC Data Source Administrator, the ODBC driver's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug: SQL firwall save button greyed out

When adding a new entry, or updating an existing entry, the save button in the new portal remains greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [INFORMATION_SCHEMA].[COLUMNS] does not respect DENY column-level permissions

When a column-level permission is denied to a user, the column is still visible to the user in INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS, and it causes issues when external apps (such as ORM or SSIS) try to access the table.

Per the documentation at "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-information-schema-views/columns-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017":

"Returns one row for each column that can be accessed by the current user in the current database"

USE [master];
    GO
    BEGIN TRY
    DROP LOGIN [test_user];
    END TRY
    BEGIN CATCH
    END CATCH

CREATE LOGIN [testuser] WITH PASSWORD=N'password', DEFAULTDATABASE=[master], DEFAULTLANGUAGE=[usenglish], CHECKEXPIRATION=OFF, CHECKPOLICY=OFF;
    GO
    BEGIN TRY
    DROP DATABASE [security_test];
    END TRY
    BEGIN CATCH …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Misleading GUI moves servers between subscriptions instead of just a database

The Azure Portal SQL database page has an active link to change subscription, but it's actually going to change subscription for the entire server.

I suggest the change link is removed or a warning is issued before execution

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add cross instance service broker for SQL Azure Managed instance

The implementation Service Broker in managed instance product is an improvement but is still missing a trick buy not having cross instance capability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display the Current Scale of Databases on the Dashboard

Hi Azure, is it possible to include the current scale of databases on the dashboard so that it will be easier for us to monitor the utilisation. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Increase max database size for SQL databases

Allow the data max size to be increased beyond what is currently offered. A max database size of 1 TB for a Premium 6 database is too small. I can move up to a P11 to get up to 4 TB, but we do not need that much compute power.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hire Professional Packers and Movers to Relocate Your Office

Thinking about to shifting at your favorite place but also, worry about your content that how to do all the packing of heavy content?
    Then, you have no need to worry just know about best service providers who have the best packers and movers in delhi which will give you a hassle-free move. And that is “delhi packers movers”, they have best packing and unpacking services and you can get this by making a call . Visit us here: https://delhi-packersandmovers.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Security of Upgrading Sql Azure Database through powershell

Security of Upgrading Sql Azure Database through powershell :
    Hi Team,
    I am using the power shell script to upgrade or downgrade my Sql Azure Database. PFA file for the same however this command doesn't ask anything related to sql server credential, subscription or anything. Is it not a security threat if anyone just know my sql server name and database?
    Now try to understand from this aspect, in big team people are aware of connection strings but we don't expose sql server credential, restrict IP or sometime gives Read only access but these users can even upgrade the tier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sql suggested index - option to name index

Like that the system recommends an index to improve performance. But the name isn't descriptive to me. So it would be nice if you could override the name in the interface.

For now, I use the "view script" and the change the name in MSSMS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Return to simpler deployment of databases from ssms

There is no way this email could properly reflect my frustration!
    According to your own help files, deployment is easy (for a simple database - and I'm a simple man, so my databases are likewise): Just "deploy to Azure SQL"
    But:
    ssms 2012 does not support the new Azure sql v12 .. SO ...
    update to ssms 2014 ... oops ... need to upgrade to sp1 (actually only needed cu6, but hey ... what's a download or two) ..
    ssms 2014 sp1 will not deploy to Azure sql ... only to Azure VM
    Yes ... I understand (after prowling the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Elastic Jobs: Ability to prevent concurrent jobs runs

Please provide ability to prevent concurrent jobs runs. For example, same job cannot be started twice. If job already runs, the other one needs to wait or not start at all.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/elastic-jobs-overview

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable SQL Authentication

Some companies do not allow SQL Auth. We should be able to disable SQL Auth and create a policy to prohibit databases with SQL Auth enabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to export Azure SQL Performance Recommendations

Our production Azure SQL does not allow developers to access (segregation of duties and security considerations). However, we want to share developers with Azure SQL performance recommendations so that they can improve the product logic.

It seems Azure SQL Contributor permission is required for developers to review the details. If can allow export the recommendations, it could be performed automatically, then it will be very helpful.

I guess other organizations could have similar challenges?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automate deployment of Cosmos collections/SQL tables

Currently, when deploying a Cosmos DB or Azure SQL resource using an ARM template, it is​ not possible to deploy a collection/table at the same time. To work around this, we've needed to also deploy an Azure Function that creates the collection and a SQL table and is triggered at the end of the deployment, which is messy and not really best practice. It would be ideal if we could fully automate the deployment of storage resources including collections/tables so manual setup steps/workarounds are not required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SQL new feature: multiple 'shadow clustered' column

Imagine a table clustered on identity column ID:

create table dbo.TAble1a
    (
    ID bigint identity(1,1) not null primary key clustered ,
    Name nvarchar(50) not null,
    CreatedDatetime datetime not null default(getdate())
    )
    insert into dbo.TAble1a (Name) select 'A'
    insert into dbo.TAble1a (Name) select 'B'

So all rows are clustered based on ID
    Now I 'know' (or I make it) that the CreatedDatetime is actually also sorted because it is aligned with the ID column.

if we now could say to SQL that the Column CreatedDatetime is 'shadow clustered' so that when we ask:
    select * from dbo.Table order by CreatedDatime desc …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base