SQL Database

1. Send email to administrators when Elastic pool is running out of space even when an alert hasn't been configures

To get notified when an elastic pool is running out of space you have to have set up an alert. When something this critical is happening an email could be sent to the subscription admins even if an alert hasn't been sent out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can "Manywho" workflow connect to SQL Azure database ?

Can "Manywho" workflow connect to SQL Azure database ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Perform scale operation before copying to a new tenant ring

We have hit an issue occasionaly where a 10GB database on S0 has a scale request to S3 takes over 3 hours to complete. This is an operation that is performed daily and normally finishes in less than 15minutes.

With the database at S0, it is unusable and our customer was unable to use their database for 2 hours (normal level is S3).

Talking with support, it seems the database was in the process of being moved to a new tenant ring due to the current tenant ring not having enough space to complete the scale up operation.

It would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Configure elastic pool, move db's from one pool to another

We try to level the DTU usage on our elastic pools. Sometimes we want to move multiple db's from one pool to another. By clicking Pool -> Configure pool -> Databases -> Add databases

We see a list of DB's on the same server. It would be nice if there will be a column (along with pricingtier / database size) with the name of the elastic pool the database is running on. And also a column with avg DTU usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Best United Airlines Customer Service 1-844-550-9444

If you've got been wondering for United Airlines Customer Service, then you are at proper area. We will offer you all of the toll loose wide variety of Southwest Airline. Make use of these numbers to establish a connection with the Customer care provider of these Airlines. You can give a call to Airlines flights booking number for the arrival
    For More Information Visit Our Site: https://united.airlinescustomerservice.org/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think azure sql server should be able to convert a .mdf file to its kind of database or should be able to accommodate it

I'm working on starting a community banking program and company by August and I'm currently trying out platforms. I found OpenCBS an open source micro finance software, to be very useful but I'm looking to be able to have the database in azure Sql server. I kept getting an error message that the .mdf database creation failed.

Azure Sql server should be able to convert the database extension or have it in a cup.

This is very important for me. Thank you Team Microsoft

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 'CREATE SEARCH PROPERTY LIST' is not supported for targeted platform

Currently I have version of Visual Studio Professional 15.9.4 installed with the latest version of SSDT but as per my stack overflow question can't get my project to build with Target Profile as Azure v12 despite the documentation saying this is supported

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ReadScale true - Reporting in Azure Portal

I just enabled ReadScale on our db.

Now how do I see the performance of those machines?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On the Azure admin web page, change the positioning of timeout messages

On the Azure web portal, if an import process into SQL Azure is running long and I have to step away for an extended period of time, the timeout message that appears later completely obscures the most recent success or failure message of an ongoing import, so it is impossible to view the final result message, which can be very annoying.

The fix is simply to reposition the final timeout message as a floating window centered in the middle of the web page.

Hopefully this is not a big programming change, so please try to include this in a new…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choose size of restored database files

When you restore a database, it creates each files with their original size.
    But sometime you need to extend the file or shrink the files according to the disk space and free space in the original files.
    It would be great to implement a "target size" for each restored file during restoring the database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can you please add the intelisense

I don't see any intelisense pop-up while querying in SQL server database.
    Is there any setting for it?

Thanks,
    Gopal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. bug: The database firewall rules errors when adding an IP address

This is true both from the portal (new) and deploying a resource manager template

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable SQLAzure to "On Premises" database migration via Data Migration Assistant (DMA)

Since the SQLAzureMW as been made unavailable, our only option for migrating databases is the Data Migration Assistant (DMA).

DMA does not allow for SQL Azure to On Premises migration only.

SQLAzureMW was the best way I had found to make local copies of SQL Azure databases. This ability is critical for developers and IT folks.
    Please add this feature to the DMA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make auto-resume reliable

We've recently moved to serverless SQL. This works generally and is good, but the auto-resume is unreliable. Mostly we see delays of 2-10 secs which is ok. Sometimes its 5-10 mins and we have to try multiple times to connect before the auto-resume kicks in - i.e. our app is reporting DB timeout errors to users while this is happening.

Please make auto-resume reliable.

I would have raised a support ticket, but you want to charge me for reporting that your service isn't working - I strongly suggest you allow your customers to let you know when a service isn't…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Avail Check In Details - Southwest Airlines Customer Service 1-855-500-0238

Southwest Airlines Customer Service leaves no stone upturned to make your travel experience a pleasant one with the airline. Right from the stay at the airport, in the waiting lounge, and till the time you board the flight, the customer service stays with you. The customer agents take most of the hassle on your behalf and ensure to make your travel hassle-free. The support executives that are part of the Airlines Customer Service are accessible 24 hours a day.
    For More Information Visit Our Site: https://southwest.airlinescustomerservice.org/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SQL Server Firewall settings if direct from SQL server shortcut on dashboard doesn't seem to save

If you click through direct from recent all resources on dashboard to SQL server firewall settings, then add client IP, the save button seems to remain disabled. If you visit firewall setting through all resources it works fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot Create a SQL Server (As a Service) in New Portal

In the old portal we had the option of creating a new SQL Server (As a Service) and then import the our Database using SQL Management Studio (Check the Image 2).
    However in the new portal we do not have the option of creating a new SQL server and only way we can create a new SQL server is by creating a SQL DB and in that wizard selecting a new Server name.

Will there be a workaround apart from that or will Microsoft has a genuine reason to remove that option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. mysql Pricing Tiers

It would be nice if we could revise pricing on a MySQL resource. It's very time consuming to create different resources to test performance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Finnish month, Marraskuuta, in my monitoring!

Under the monitoring section for my database, "DTU percentage today", it has the month down as Marraskuuta, not November.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)