SQL Database

1. Add Log Reader functionality to SQL Server like ApexSQL Log

It is nearly impossible to read db logs. The ApexSQL Log tool does this well. This functionality should be in SQL Server. It would be very useful for MS to purchase this product and incorporate it into SQL Server, or rewrite it as necessary for inclusion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sp_adddistpublisher on Azure SQL Managed Instance

In Azure SQL Managed Instance environment,
    We tried to configure publisher on managed instance via execute following command. After that, we ran exec sp_helpdistpublisher 'azure sql managed instance name' to check and got the empty result.

USE [master]
    EXEC spadddistpublisher @publisher = @@ServerName,
    @distribution
    db = N'distribution',
    @securitymode = 0,
    @login = N'<SQL
    USER>',
    @password = N'<PASSWORD>',
    @workingdirectory = N'\<STORAGEACCOUNT>.file.core.windows.net&lt;SHARE>',
    @storageconnectionstring = N'<STORAGECONNECTIONSTRING>';
    GO

In contrary, we are able to use SSMS manually configure publisher.
    But we could not input @storageconnectionstring parameter in the properties of publisher.

Could you please…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support for Linear interpolation in geography types

Support for Linear interpolation in geography types. Aviation data uses both Geodesic and linear interpolation. It would be of enormous use to us to be able to specify a line or part of a polygon to be a parallel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable lockdown of Blob firewall to selected networks for the purposes of storing Azure SQL auditing logs etc

Enable lockdown of Blob firewall to Selected networks/Trusted Microsoft Services for the purposes of storing Azure SQL auditing logs and Azure SQL Database vulnerability assesments.

Last thing anyone wants is an internet hack on the blob that contains log files listing your vulnerabilities, users, tablenames and other juicy content found in the audit and scan logs.

Can hardly believe that this passes any compliance regimens!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reason To Contact American Airlines Customer Service For Travel Queries

Making your travel easier and hassle-free, the on-the-toes American Airlines Customer Service helps you with ticket booking, easy check-in and reserving the in-flight services. You can inquire about the good deals on ticket reservation and baggage allowance. The customer care agent will guide you with the best of the information to make your travel cheaper and convenient. With the support of American Airlines Customer Service Number 1-844-550-9222, you can find good deals and special discounts on ticket booking
    For More Information Visit Here: https://american.airlinescustomerservice.org/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. sp_createstats is failing on SQL Azure

When running spcreatestats on an Azure SQL Database it fails with the below message. In order to easy reproduce, create a new SQL database and run the spcreatestats:
    print @@version
    go
    sp_createstats

Microsoft SQL Azure (RTM) - 12.0.2000.8

May  2 2019 20:11:13 

Copyright (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation

Table 'testDan.sys.sqlagentjobs': Creating statistics for the following columns:
    Msg 1088, Level 16, State 12, Line 3
    Cannot find the object "sys.sqlagent
    jobs" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

As per the official documentation, sp_createstats is supported on Azure SQL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-createstats-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Portal Query Editor incorrectly parses GO batch terminators in literals

The query editor interprets "GO" embedded in string literals as a batch terminator and executes the preceding text, resulting in a syntax error:

SELECT 'repro
    GO';
    GO

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Adobe filters with Azure SQL DB instances

So far only MS filters are supported in SQL DB instance. It would be nice to include Adobe filters also.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Migrate long term back ups from one Azure SQL Server to Another Azure SQL Server

It would be nice if there was a way to move the back up files from one server to another or just the ability to have access to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Management tool like phpMyAdmin for all created MySQL databases

I may be missing it based on my subscription level, but a management tool that you can use in the portal to manage your MySQL databases that you create. It would be just like phpMyAdmin or SQL management studio in the way you can add tables and input data into the tables.

This would be great for us users that use a laptop with a small hard drive and even a tablet to quickly populate a database and just work on the application we are creating. Just a thought though

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deploy SSDT database project: update table with security policy fails when column was added

During publishing of a SSDT Database Project, after adding a column on a table with an view and a security policy on Azure SQL Database, deployment fails with this error message:

(51,1): SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 3729, Level 16, State 3, Procedure vDemo, Line 1 Cannot ALTER 'dbo.vDemo' because it is being referenced by object 'SecurityPolicy_Demo'.
    (51,0): SQL72045: Script execution error. The executed script:
    ALTER VIEW [dbo].[vDemo]
    AS
    SELECT Id,

CustomerId,

Col01

FROM [dbo].[Demo];

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Long-term recovery config is broken in the portal

Configuration of long-term recovery is broken in the portal. I understand this feature is in preview (but it's been in preview for 14 months!):

I've created an RS vault in the same resource group as the SQL Server and DBs.
    The Long Term recovery blade in the portal recognizes this.
    Select a couple DBs and click Configure.
    Enter the policy details and click OK.
    Click Save to apply the new policy. Nothing happens.
    Navigate away from the blade and receive the "Unsaved changes" warning.

I WAS able to configure long term recovery using Azure PowerShell as shown here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-long-term-backup-retention-configure#powershell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Subscription dropdown when creating SQL Database

In portal preview I accidentally created new sql server in wrong subscription. When I try to recreate in correct subscription it now says server name is already taken.

In my numerous attempts at trying to recreate, I noticed that if I do create the server prior to selecting the subscription it then wipes out my data entry when I switch my subscription choice, which I kind of expected. Therefore I would place the Subscription dropdown prior to selecting/creating what server you want your database on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve handling and prevention of unhealthy SQL gateway cluster

It seems that if a gateway, front-end, node in the SQL gateway cluster, that provide the directory lookup services and rerouting of incoming connections to the intended back-end probes, turns unhealthy it can result in "connection terminated unexpectedly" or "Communication link error" errors when a login to the database is attempted, this recently happened to a client of mine that is using Azure SQL Database / SQL Data Warehouse in the West Europe region. There are several nodes in one region in the gateway cluster, but it seems that an ARM deployment resulted in an ACL rule being removed in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SQL instance inventory from ChangeTrackingData

I am trying to fetch the SQL server instances installed on the machines and also its version. However i am not able to do that using the Azuure Inventory. I should be able to fetch the SQL instance Names , Patch Level of the SQL instance. Also good to capture the features like Is Always on Enabled , Features enabled , etc. Basically this is a basic inventory ask, SCCM does that with out any issues.

Is there an easy way to do that apart from writing my own custom automation run book ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG in Azure SQL

I got an issue while working with Azure SQL. Actually, SSMS does allow to connect with the Azure SQL Server with below mentioned name:

For Example I gave server name as "abcd123.database.windows.net" with login name "demo@abcd" .SSMS through an error stating "Cannot open server abcd requested by login"

But, Azure portal allow us to create server with this credential.The issue is with any server created with name in the above format . You can test creating a server with name "abcdeq123.database.windows.net" with admin login name"demo@abcdeq". It allows you to create a server with this name in azure portal but when…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When using blob datasources with bulk insert, using a subfolder within the referenced blob container causes character convertsion issues

When doing an export/import operation between 2 databases using blob storage, special characters are scrambled when pointing to files on a subfolder within the blob container. When referencing files on the root location, the data is imported (using bulk insert) without issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like the creation date and username for each resource be available

I would like the availability of data on the creation date and the user who created the resource available for each and every resource. The creation date would be nice in the resource listing too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to track all the execution without affecting DB performance

Please provide the execution details for check DB performance

1 vote
    Vote