SQL Database

1. Deleting Azure SQL VNETs

Deleting Azure SQL DB VNETs via the Azure portal is broken.

Even as an admin we always get error code 404 The subscription cannot be found (across any subscription). The way to remove them is via "az sql server vnet-rule delete " via Azure command line. Please fix because it is a basic functionality needed via the portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Per server DTU bundles

Can we get a server with fixed DTUs and be billed on the per server DTU rather than for each individual database? This is useful when migrating from on-premise + when I want to manage the per database DTU by myself or I just don't want to care about the per database DTU.

Elastic pool based on the server!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bigger free SQL DB

I suggest you to increase free space for sql DB. MongoLab currently gives 500MB for free and this encourages me to choose this database to verify me application. I'd rather choose SQL DB but it's too small for my startup. If my startup succeed it's too late to change database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Solve the problem in retrieving data from SQL DB

Hi Azure team,

We are facing some problems with Azure SQL database.
    Failed to retrieving data from Azure SQL database to Android app

It showing exception (Exception Screenshot attached)

Coding we tried through Android Studio 2.3.3 project

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Report database integrity error

Currently a DB integrity check failure is detected only by MSFT and reported to the owner of the DB.
    Suggestions:
    1. Report immediately the error on the Azure portal.
    2. Allow other Accounts beside the "serveradmin" to execute DBCC CHECKDB thru Elastic jobs/Automation/remote execution
    3. Have SCOM integrated in order to raise an alert when such even occur so owner support team is alerted without delays.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Printing documentation pages from Edge, Firefox, and Chrome is still broke!

In Edge only the first page is formatted for printing. All the rest of the pages are gone. In Chrome, Edge, and Firefox a bunch of characters on the right are truncated. In order to get them on the printed page one has to use such a tiny font that the pages are really hard to read. Before you made these changes a couple weeks ago, the printed pages in all these browsers were of top quality. Now they are largely unuseable!! This will drive Azure customers away, while before the high quality of your printed pages were a big…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix inaccurate tooltip on ssms tab after Change Connection

In SSMS 2016, the tooltip or balloon on a given tab is not updated if you right-click and select the "Connection | Change Connection" menu option, moving to a different database server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Easy Alerting on Database Size

Our small 1GB SQL Azure database recently reached its size limit which affected our web site and services. I'm astounded that there is no easy way within the Azure Portal or management UX to quickly and easily setup alerting on the size limit -- especially considering the impact that not being able to write to our database has had on our website and services.

Placing some easy alerting on database size within the Azure Portal or management UX would also provide a great place to upsell other monitoring services for SQL Azure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Зеркала виртуальные в процессорах и графитовых накопителях информации...

Дублирование + на копирование цепей информации и переноса с жесткого диска и обратно на съёмные графитовые носители (виртуальный 3D накопитель) но переносной, запас объема накопленной информации при зеркалах накапливаеться и обрастает шубой инфо-электронной, при таком девайсе....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Get Best Service through Delta Airlines Customer Service

Enjoy better travel service & fine food service in Delta Airlines. if you are flying with Delta airlines our customer service executive helps you in any moment where you have any query and issues regarding service provideed by delta airlines. if you getting issues in flight booking , cancel a reservation , old refund status, or any other policies related question and need information about cheap flights contact our Delta Airlines Customer Service Number. they give you detail information regarding your issues which clear your queries and give update knowledge about flights and policies. for more info visit our website …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Portal displays weird pricing for SQL Managed Instance which is 10 times cheaper than the Azure Pricing Calculator

Azure Portal displays weird pricing for SQL Managed Instance which is 10 times cheaper than the Azure Pricing Calculator.

Pricing is inconsistent and buggy.
    The images shows the inconsistency issue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why cant i add two accounts as admins with the setadmin in azure ad without creating a group?

In Azure AD authentication, we should be able to add more than one user as admin. At present it does not allow to do this without having both users in a windows group and adding the group. This is a limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug when exporting job database

Error encountered during the service operation.

One or more unsupported elements were found in the schema used as part of a data package.

Error SQL71501: Error validating element [jobsinternal].[visibletargetsformatted]: View: [jobsinternal].[visibletargetsformatted] contains an unresolved reference to an object. Either the object does not exist or the reference is ambiguous because it could refer to any of the following objects: [jobsinternal].[databasecredentials].[C], [jobsinternal].[databasecredentials].[name] or [jobsinternal].[targets].[C].
    Error SQL71501: Error validating element [jobs]: Schema: [jobs] has an unresolved reference to object [##MS
    JobAccount##].
    Error SQL71501: Error validating element [jobsinternal]: Schema: [jobsinternal] has an unresolved reference to object [##MS_JobAccount##].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support required for AD integrated auth or AD password auth from Linux to Azure SQL .

Support required for AD integrated auth or AD password auth from Linux to Azure SQL .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need a Terminalserverwith access to a SQL-Server

Need a Terminalserverwith access to a SQL-Server

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Databases with trailing space in the Database name do not appear on the Azure Portal even after support team syncd subscription resources

We were informed that trailing space in the database name is not supported.

and resolved it by

alter database Databasename modify name = [Databasename]
    alter database [Databasename
    ] modify name = [Databasename]

Customer Suggestion:
    Obviously there has to have been multiple users being affected by this spacing issue, and I would recommend a trim function added at the end of the input stream for naming the database either that, or notify the user that the space could cause problems. It might save everyone time in the long run.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SQL Azure maintanance work should be re-scheduled as per our prefered time

Most of the time our service was down because of DB maintenance work. So, we need our preferred time to set DB maintenance work.Please consider and update us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable “per-database charge for elastic pools” in Azure SQL Database (PaaS) Platform.

Enable “per-database charge for elastic pools” in Azure SQL Database (PaaS) Platform.

. SQL Database Elastic Pool is a shared resource model that enables higher resource utilization efficiency, with all the databases within an elastic pool sharing predefined resources within the same pool. There is no per-database charge for elastic pools. You are billed for each hour a pool exists at the highest end or vCores, regardless of usage or whether the pool was active for less than an hour

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow me to add my own index to be monitored using index recommendations

Index recommendations are great, but sometimes I would like to see the impact a specific index would make on my database. The index recommendations area in Azure portal already does this, but only for indexes that it suggests. Would be great it I could just add my own index script in there to be monitored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base