SQL Database

1. Add Adobe filters with Azure SQL DB instances

So far only MS filters are supported in SQL DB instance. It would be nice to include Adobe filters also.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Migrate long term back ups from one Azure SQL Server to Another Azure SQL Server

It would be nice if there was a way to move the back up files from one server to another or just the ability to have access to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Management tool like phpMyAdmin for all created MySQL databases

I may be missing it based on my subscription level, but a management tool that you can use in the portal to manage your MySQL databases that you create. It would be just like phpMyAdmin or SQL management studio in the way you can add tables and input data into the tables.

This would be great for us users that use a laptop with a small hard drive and even a tablet to quickly populate a database and just work on the application we are creating. Just a thought though

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deploy SSDT database project: update table with security policy fails when column was added

During publishing of a SSDT Database Project, after adding a column on a table with an view and a security policy on Azure SQL Database, deployment fails with this error message:

(51,1): SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 3729, Level 16, State 3, Procedure vDemo, Line 1 Cannot ALTER 'dbo.vDemo' because it is being referenced by object 'SecurityPolicy_Demo'.
    (51,0): SQL72045: Script execution error. The executed script:
    ALTER VIEW [dbo].[vDemo]
    AS
    SELECT Id,
    CustomerId,
    Col01
    FROM [dbo].[Demo];

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HIPAA Compliance for Azure Database Migration Service

Azure Database Migration Service is not HIPAA compliant. How can we move terabytes of PHI data to Azure SQL DB?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Long-term recovery config is broken in the portal

Configuration of long-term recovery is broken in the portal. I understand this feature is in preview (but it's been in preview for 14 months!):

I've created an RS vault in the same resource group as the SQL Server and DBs.
    The Long Term recovery blade in the portal recognizes this.
    Select a couple DBs and click Configure.
    Enter the policy details and click OK.
    Click Save to apply the new policy. Nothing happens.
    Navigate away from the blade and receive the "Unsaved changes" warning.

I WAS able to configure long term recovery using Azure PowerShell as shown here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-long-term-backup-retention-configure#powershell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Subscription dropdown when creating SQL Database

In portal preview I accidentally created new sql server in wrong subscription. When I try to recreate in correct subscription it now says server name is already taken.

In my numerous attempts at trying to recreate, I noticed that if I do create the server prior to selecting the subscription it then wipes out my data entry when I switch my subscription choice, which I kind of expected. Therefore I would place the Subscription dropdown prior to selecting/creating what server you want your database on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SQL instance inventory from ChangeTrackingData

I am trying to fetch the SQL server instances installed on the machines and also its version. However i am not able to do that using the Azuure Inventory. I should be able to fetch the SQL instance Names , Patch Level of the SQL instance. Also good to capture the features like Is Always on Enabled , Features enabled , etc. Basically this is a basic inventory ask, SCCM does that with out any issues.

Is there an easy way to do that apart from writing my own custom automation run book ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BUG in Azure SQL

I got an issue while working with Azure SQL. Actually, SSMS does allow to connect with the Azure SQL Server with below mentioned name:

For Example I gave server name as "abcd123.database.windows.net" with login name "demo@abcd" .SSMS through an error stating "Cannot open server abcd requested by login"

But, Azure portal allow us to create server with this credential.The issue is with any server created with name in the above format . You can test creating a server with name "abcdeq123.database.windows.net" with admin login name"demo@abcdeq". It allows you to create a server with this name in azure portal but when…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using blob datasources with bulk insert, using a subfolder within the referenced blob container causes character convertsion issues

When doing an export/import operation between 2 databases using blob storage, special characters are scrambled when pointing to files on a subfolder within the blob container. When referencing files on the root location, the data is imported (using bulk insert) without issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is Azure sync service capable of not only duplicating the entire database but also synchronizing only parts of database based on rows?

Is Azure sync service capable of not only duplicating the entire database but also synchronizing only parts of database based on rows. So if we have rows with clinic IDs 1, 2, 3 ... ect we can have all tablets in clinic 1 only synchronize data that belongs to the correct clinic. Similarly if there it too much data even for one clinic we may want to synchronize based on the PTs that use a specific tablet. For example we have one database for a huge hospital and there is not enough space on a tablet to store all the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Standard databases sizes S4, should follow the same naming convention as S1, S2, S3 instead of STANDARD DATABASE DAYS to avoid confusion.

Standard databases sizes S4, should follow the same naming convention as S1, S2, S3 instead of STANDARD DATABASE DAYS to avoid confusion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Yahoo customer service number

Yahoo is known to offer best ever services, but with the course of use facing issues with Yahoo products and services is common. There
    are numerous issues which are common for Yahoo users while others occur seldom, but both are equally dangerous for your Yahoo email
    account. There are various ways to reach the experts, but calling the Yahoo Customer Service Number 0800-404-9736.visit site -
    https://contactcustomercare.co.uk/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export data-tier application should warn if tables do not have a clustered index

It would be helpful to know up front (issue a warning earlier in the process) that it is mandatory in Azure for tables to include a clustered index. In fact, this is not true as my initial Azure test database contained a table with no indexes at all. Indexes are not mandatory in SQL Server.

I am sure this is about trying to prevent bad indexing strategies being imported into the Cloud. As a suggestion could you have a check box on the export process "Target export is for Azure". If this is checked then you can warn users about…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. master data service connect to azure

The connectivity from MDS to Azure SQL or a PaaS MDS will be a great feature to extend the limitations on usage

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DBMail

AZURE SQL Database does not support msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail.
    How can we use if I wan to send emails when trigger fires.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2016年7月我使用的康福中国ID99一定4年了我花了9000元人民币购买的,我正在使中突然掉线在登陆用户名无效至今未能登陆 我请求领导检查以后什么原因以后在叫我登陆康福中国ID99。同时我在寻找康福中国99时间我的另外三个ID不知道什么原因也无法登录我的ID是 999 8F

2016年7月我使用的康福中国ID99一定4年了我花了9000元人民币购买的,我正在使中突然掉线在登陆用户名无效至今未能登陆 我请求领导检查以后什么原因以后在叫我登陆康福中国ID99。同时我在寻找康福中国99时间我的另外三个ID不知道什么原因也无法登录我的ID是 999 8F 688 ********************* 999 8F 688 我无法登录时间我看见一个外国人登陆我的ID,外国人的ID是¥u 他给我说话了外国人说他要把 99 8F 999 688卖给我,外国人给我3000美金我说我不要我说这几个用户名是我出过钱购买过的你偷了我的ID,他说你不要我卖给别人,不知道什么原因他可以从我邮箱把ID哪走邮箱还剩下一个ID没有偷走。我请求领导检查什么原因以后把我的ID还给我,谢谢99

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better database classification and organisation of DBs

With so much data getting into dbs, and it's just the starting, going forward SQL DBs might become like old libraries where finding and organizing and visualizing is difficult. Similarly in the SQL Server/DB we need a way to better categorise, organize, be able to manage and see relevant dbs together(with [Logical/Physical]connections among them and a tool to present and help organize is highly desired...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SQL Managed Instance - support the rename of databases when in geo-replication set-up.

The ability to rename databases in SQL Managed instance. as well as being supported on a single instance, needs to be supported on a databases in an Always On Group. As the Database ID (GUID) could be used to reference the database in the replicated copy; I would have thought this would be a quick win?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevent refresh by hitting F5 in the Azure Web Portal when typing

There are a few interfaces in the portal where you can type queries: SQL Editor, Azure Data Explorer, Azure Cloud Shell... Unfortunately, you may hit F5 and lose everything. Please prevent it!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base