SQL Database

1. sql restore

Restore SQL to an earlier pt in time can take a looong time. The correlation id's info should include more details. If I'm restoring one then it's not a big deal, but when I'm restoring from several dates (as to determine when the DB changed in a certain way), then all those restore jobs look the same until they complete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't allow Sql Database to be dropped using scripting if the resource has a delete lock on it.

If a database has a delete lock on it do NOT allow the database to be dropped using and SQL Script "DROP DATABASE" via connecting to the database server using a management tool (VS or Sql Manager).

I was able to set a delete lock on the database in the portal and I get the proper errors when trying to delete the database via the portal, but if you login using Sql Manager you can delete the database.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Azure Powershell command New-AzureSqlDatabaseServer to specify a name parameter

The command New-AzureSqlDatabaseServer does not take a Name parameter to create the server with, probably because Azure must check if the name exists already. However, it would still be preferable to have the option and simply have the command error out if the name exists already.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can "Manywho" workflow connect to SQL Azure database ?

Can "Manywho" workflow connect to SQL Azure database ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable schedule for elastic database pool jobs

For elastic database pool jobs we need a way to schedule the job to run at a specific time each night. Please make this function available from the portal.

This will enable us to automatically defragment indexes and run other db maintenance over night.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the USE statement to switch between databases on the same Azure SQL Server

We use different databases on the same SQL Server as part of a solution and the limitation of not being able to run USE <database> limits us to Azure SQL VMs only instead of using Azure SQL Server.

Per Azure Documentation:

USE statement: To change the database context to a different database you must make a new connection to the new database.

Seems that there should be a way to overcome this limitation. Help us, Microsoft, you are only hope!

331 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incorrect translation of pricing levels

At the price page the levels are presented in English as Basic-Standard-Premium.

The Swedish version on the same page is : Standard-Standard-Premium

Note how "Basic" was translated to "Standard" giving the swedes two different price levels with the same name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it more obvious that READ COMMITTED SNAPSHOT is turned on by default in Azure SQL Database

From what I'm seeing, READ COMMITTED SNAPSHOT is turned on by default in all Azure SQL Databases. While you can disable it, this directly contradicts what is in Books On-Line's section on transaction isolation levels (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173763.aspx), and could cause people to encounter problems when trying to port apps from on-premise SQL. This should be called out clearly and in multiple places!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My Database is taking too much time for load As compare another dedicated server Database

My Database is taking too much time for load As compare another dedicated server Database.

I have create database in Azure. and i create one database in Dedicated server.
    As compare azure database, dedicated server database performance is too good..
    azure database is taking so much time for load.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Syncing a local database in a VS2015 mvc6 web app to Azure is INSANELY complicated!

I have been a Microsoft developer for more than two decades. The process of syncing a local database, in an MVC6 app, to Azure is the most screwed up, counter-intuitive and ridiculous services I can recall Microsoft ever offering. You should be ashamed to have a product offering as badly designed as this one is.

Publishing the web app itself from inside VS2015 takes some time, but is drop dead simple. The database transfer needs to be exactly as simple, from the developer's perspective. Because if I'm willing to continue to use, and pay for, Microsoft products from end to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DTU Wait type

When we are out of DTUS,SQL Azure Currently shows this as some wait like (cpu,memory,io..).Can we add a wait type which indicates DTU wait type

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SQL Database Defragmenting

Could Azure offer a way to automate defragmenting a SQL Database? They already have the automated creation and deletion of Indexes, and Schema suggestions is in Preview Mode.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Does it charge which Sync Azure SQL Server Data to My Local SQL Server Data

IF i want to Sync Azure Data to my local data,the fees is free or charge

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why to have same service tier for SQL Azure geo-replication?

Currently, Geo-replication can be configured only databases between same service tier... since it is possible that secondary will be used ONLY for DR purpose, maintaining secondary with low config gives the benefit of cost saving. Need your thoughts on this implementation difficulties and possibilities on bringing it to public.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. unused Index

Presenting unused indexes on portal similar to missing indexes, will help customers review and drop the same for writes improvement

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. elastic pool, ability to configure max eDTUs per database

Ability to configure max eDTUs per database on Standard and premium elastic pool.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Perform scale operation before copying to a new tenant ring

We have hit an issue occasionaly where a 10GB database on S0 has a scale request to S3 takes over 3 hours to complete. This is an operation that is performed daily and normally finishes in less than 15minutes.

With the database at S0, it is unusable and our customer was unable to use their database for 2 hours (normal level is S3).

Talking with support, it seems the database was in the process of being moved to a new tenant ring due to the current tenant ring not having enough space to complete the scale up operation.

It would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. DB size in SQL Azure on the Azure Portal do not show full information

While the portal may show a size for database that should fit into the desired tier, the actual database file on the back-end may be over the limit of selected tier which can blocking the scaling. This can happen after drop tables.
    so we have 2 options:
    1. show true size
    2. Azure will rebuild the entire database file in the background.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. design query in editor...

add the ability to use the designer editor to azure sql tables and views.
    it's helping a lot with choosing fields in seconds and much more...

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lentidão na migração de camada

Já estou a mais de 1 hora esperando a migração da camada de serviço do meu banco de dados azure e o sistema nem se quer me da uma informação sobre o andamento do processo, meu cliente reclama da lentidão no sistema, e eu não consigo dar uma previsão para voltar a melhoria no serviço. Simplesmente "Ridículo" o serviço da Microsoft neste quesito.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base