SQL Database

1. Error out appropriately when trying to restore a .bak file.

I wasted 9 hours today (plus a week with a Data Box Disk) trying to restore a .bak through the Azure Portal to a SQL Database.

Because it's not supported, it should have been able to tell me within the first few minutes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure SQL DB export PS command need to validate presence of .bacpac value in the storage uri parameter

Azure SQL DB export PS command need to validate presence of .bacpac value in the storage uri parameter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. sp_createstats is failing on SQL Azure

When running sp_createstats on an Azure SQL Database it fails with the below message. In order to easy reproduce, create a new SQL database and run the sp_createstats:
    print @@version
    go
    sp_createstats

Microsoft SQL Azure (RTM) - 12.0.2000.8
    May 2 2019 20:11:13
    Copyright (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation

Table 'testDan.sys.sqlagent_jobs': Creating statistics for the following columns:
    Msg 1088, Level 16, State 12, Line 3
    Cannot find the object "sys.sqlagent_jobs" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

As per the official documentation, sp_createstats is supported on Azure SQL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-createstats-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow service endpoint rules for Secondary instances in different azure regions

Our application accesses read-only secondaries/replicas in multiple azure regions (East, East2, West). I would like to restrict access to the sql servers in all regions to the primary subnet (defined in East). Right now this is not possible - endpoint rules require the database server and vnet to be in the same region.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. improving of deleting azure sql database that call

Azure SQL Database that to be set dashboard can select delete menu from it ( I attached image png file). It behaves that way only when Auzre SQL database is selected. Selecting other azure resources can not select delete menu. Other resource only can select "Remove this item from dashboard". As a result, the operator executes "Delete from SQL Database" in the intention of "remove from tile".
     I believe that "delete" menu have to delete from when selected from Azure SQL database in dashboard.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Monitor queries on secondary database when read scale out is enabled in Premium tier

Monitor queries on secondary database when read scale out is enabled in Premium tier. Currently we can only find out if query is getting executed on secondary database by using SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX(DB_NAME(), 'Updateability') but there is no way to identify in Query Performance Insights.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. InMemory object support for Hyperscale

Add InMemory object support for Hyperscale. We were going to break up our elastic pool into individual Hyperscale databases, which would have doubled/tripled our subscription costs, but reduce our noisy neighbor problems and give us more flexibility in scaling up/down during processing intensive weekly loads. We cant move to Hyperscale - our loads are 40% faster subquerying from in-memory table variables than temp tables on Azure BC4_Gen_8

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. best wholesalers in delhi

DealerSahab is an exciting service listing portal & a new marketplace for manufacturers, dealers, traders,best wholesalers in delhi, and suppliers. It will create your business profile, upload your product detail and customized it’s to get leads in your business area.Your business is not growing and you are unable to reach your customer. You are spending a lot of money on advertising but not getting relevant leads to your brands. Then its time to list your business to DealerSahab.visit - http://www.dealersahab.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. feature need-Sync group also needs to be displayed on Member database and Sync Metadata database side

Sync group is displayed only on the hub database side.
    It would be great if one could see the Sync group also on the Member database and Sync Metadata database side.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enhance Database Migration Service to search for backup files recursively

Currently the Database Migration Service only finds backup files at the root of the share path provided. As many in the community use solutions that nest backup files in folders (such as the ubiquitous Ola Hallengren solution), this makes it difficult to use the service without manual intervention or having non standard backup routines in place. To resolve this, the Database Migration Service should have a configurable option to recursively search for backup files at the configured path.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add cross instance service broker for SQL Azure Managed instance

The implementation Service Broker in managed instance product is an improvement but is still missing a trick buy not having cross instance capability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make auto-resume reliable

We've recently moved to serverless SQL. This works generally and is good, but the auto-resume is unreliable. Mostly we see delays of 2-10 secs which is ok. Sometimes its 5-10 mins and we have to try multiple times to connect before the auto-resume kicks in - i.e. our app is reporting DB timeout errors to users while this is happening.

Please make auto-resume reliable.

I would have raised a support ticket, but you want to charge me for reporting that your service isn't working - I strongly suggest you allow your customers to let you know when a service isn't…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. About TLS1.2 Support for "Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server"

When connecting to SQL Database using Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server, there is no page that clearly describes which ODBC version supports TLS 1.2.
    I would like to write in public information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Increase max database size for SQL databases

Allow the data max size to be increased beyond what is currently offered. A max database size of 1 TB for a Premium 6 database is too small. I can move up to a P11 to get up to 4 TB, but we do not need that much compute power.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delete empty virtual cluster

This process does not work. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-managed-instance-delete-virtual-cluster
    Delete the empty virtual cluster. It goes away. Refresh the portal. It comes right back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add schedule for AzureSQL

I'd like to have a way to simply schedule Stored procedures in AzureSQL.
    I don't want to write a function every time I need a table to be cleaned up every month.

It could be as simple as having a CRON field and a StoredProcedure name in the SQL Server properties.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need to adjust the server time to a non-UTC timezone

Being based in the UK, we are having an issue since the daylight time changes occurred recently. We have a delivery/scheduler within our checkout process which is set for UK time and this has caused us a problem. It would be very easy to resolve if we could change the server time within the portal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Changing database Owner does not remove permissions from 'old' owner.

When executing 'ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON DATABASE::myDb TO [user1@mydomain.com]' this does not appear to revoke permissions from the previous owner. It appears to allow all previous 'Owners' full access.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a way to clear local cache in HyperScale

While executing some long query, for example deleting and recreating index of large table, sql server fills local pages with all pages for one table and every other query slows entire server down. It takes couple of minutes before server to get in normal speed. I suspect that is due to local pages, if we could easily clear it, it would speed up after executing such long queries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not require a specific admin account just to export using the portal UI.

Typing in the CLI for an export/extract is tedious, but I can do it with my current credentials and export/extract. However, when I try to use the AZ portal to export a database, its not using my current credentials and instead expects me to use some other set of creds. That the portal does this is an impediment to productivity.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Database

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base