Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Expressroute with multiple subscriptions

For EA accounts with multiple subscriptions underneath, we are limited to only a single subscription connected with our expressroute circuit. This creates a tradeoff between billing granularity and expressroute usage since everything has to be in one large subscription to benefit from expressroute. Please make it possible to use our expressroute connection across all of our subscriptions.

356 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Route Summarization in UDRs to direct traffic to Virtual Appliance

For VNETS connected with Express Route, BGP Routes populate the Azure System Routes. So, we have to use UDRs to direct traffic to go to the Virtual Appliance Firewall, Traffic towards Any Route not in the UDR prefers the BGP Route and sends the traffic to the Virtual Network Gateway. This renders the summarized routes in UDR useless , as any route with a smaller subnet in BGP Routes, is preferred over the summarized UDR route, and the traffic for that route goes to the VNET Gateway instead of the Virtual Firewall.

This limits our ability to route effectively, and…

79 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      16 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. How to apply a public IP for my virtual machine

I have applied a trial virtual machine and it looks well, But where can I apply a public IP and attach it to this virtual machine?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Exclude subnet from Expressroute connected vnet

I'd like the ability to exclude a subnet from a VNET where you connected an Expressroute to. We want to have a DMZ subnet in a vnet that can only be reached through a virtual appliance (a Check Point vSEC gateway). But after connecting Expressroute, the servers on this subnet also learn the routes causing them to bypass the firewall setup.
      It would be great if we could exclude a subnet.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Unable to add a tag to an ExpressRoute Circuit.

Unable to add a tag to an ExpressRoute Circuit.

When attempting to add a tag to a resource of type ExpressRoute Circuit, I get an error message "The requested resource does not support http method 'PATCH'."

Seems like the resource provider for ExpressRoute doesn't provide all API calls that are required for supporting tags.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Support for Expressroute and S2S VPN combination from multiple sites to one vNet

Virtual Networks should be able to peer with on premise and other virtual networks using combination of IPsec VPN tunnels and expressroute type options.

As expressroute is limited by Network and/or Exchange providers regional ability, it limits enterprises to cater for business needs of customers in those regions.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base