Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Get-AzureRmExpressRouteCircuitRouteTable command does not show an advertised route for Microsoft Peering

Get-AzureRmExpressRouteCircuitRouteTable command does not show an advertised route for Microsoft Peering.

We can see the address prefix for Private Peering and Public Peering.

I also could not see on "Get route table" in peering detail on Azure Portal.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Reserve for ExpressRoute bandwidth

If circuit bandwidth upgrading is fail, I must delete and recreate circuit.

It's very high impact for my enviroment because of circuit network will stop.
      I request we can know that circuit upgrade will fail or will success in advance.

ex)
      1. We can reserve bandwidth in advance. If we don't use that bandwidth, we can release it. It's also possilbe for a fee.
      2. We can get realtime capacity. It will not be ensure but I want to know possibility for success upgrading bandwidth in advance.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Metric filter by VNet Gateway peering name

Add metric to monitor the throughput to individual VNet Gateway peering connections to be able to add a notification when a certain percentage of bandwidth is consumed.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Please make dev.azure.com (IP I see is 13.107.6.183) to be accessible via Microsoft peering over an ExpressRoute connection.

Would help make the case to move away from TFS if the path to get to the website is via a low latency, more predictable network path away from the (sometimes variable) internet connection many organisations have.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. advertise VSTS on Public peering

made VSTS available through Express Route.

Premier Support incident :
      [REG:118052318242337] ] Visualstudio.com not being advertised on Public Peering

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Microsoft Public routes via Private peering

For customers who can't/won't configure Microsoft peering due to technical or administrative limitations, I think on-prem access to Public resources over Private peering would be useful. Here's how I imagine it looking:

On-prem client -> customer edge -> msee -> ExR GW -> Customer NVA/Azure FW -> Microsoft network

Workflow to enable:
      1. Choose an existing Virtual Network connection to modify - VNET would need to contain an NVA or Azure Firewall.
      2. Attach a route filter to this connection.
      3. Specify a next hop IP, either the NVA/LB IP or the Azure firewall IP.
      4. NAT/firewall rules are configured…

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. billing report

I would like to suuggest that the ResourceGroup column be filled in for all resources in the Azure Billing reports. Without the resource group data filled in for all resources it makes it much more difficult to track usage/cost associated with a specific resource group. For example, currently the Express Route resource does not get the resourcegroup filled in, even though its contained under a resource group.

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Azure Direct Documentation

Add a page to explain what "Azure Direct" is and refer to it when you use the term on any other page (like https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/active-directory-b2c/)

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. create a non-disruptive an Azure VNET address space update to ER

create a non-disruptive an Azure VNET address space update to advertise prefixes to expressroute. Currently there is no way to do this without knocking down the connection for a period of time - breaking connectivity between the azure data center and on-premise data center.

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Express router gateway troubleshooting and monitoring: Virtual network gateway performance parameters

It would be very helpful to be able to have the virtual network gateway's perfomance`s data from the Azure portal, as now, you cannot get data such as connections/seconds or packets/seconds, these are parameters that you need to know in order to choose the appropriate Gateway's sku and also data needed to determine possible network performance problems.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Active-Active ExpressRoute Bandwidth

This is not clear in the documentation - does a 1G active-active ExpressRoute support an aggregate of 2Gbps throughput?

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. ExpressRoute subnet overlapping error message

I was adding multiple vnets to an express route to our local office network.
      When creating a virtual network it auto creates a fixed gateway subnet of 10.1.0.0/24, and when you connect multiple of these to an express route using a virtual network gateway AND a 'connection' the fact that another virtual network gateway was overlapping is quite hidden.

Currently when creating a connection with a vnet that overlaps an already connected one, it fails with this error message:
      ErrorMessage: An internal error has occurred. , DEBUG Message: Unable to connect Virtual network vn-sea-btg-prod-myfloor-arm to circuit. One or more existing…

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Manual injecting routes to the Expressroute

I hope there would be a manual way to inject route on the Expressroute going to onprem.

We hit a limitation where we cannot route the subnet our remote VNET in South Africa because its using its own Gateway subnet to our Singapore on prem that has expressroute. Routing is not very flexible with this

This would have complimented the UDR function in Azure

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. stop letting non-Azure Microsoft networks use BGP routes that Azure learns through ExpressRoute. This easily leads to asymmetric routing.

stop letting non-Azure Microsoft networks use the BGP routes that Azure learns through ExpressRoute. This leads to asymmetry in many cases.

Also, the current behavior lets bandwidth hungry Microsoft services like Windows Update consume the bandwidth and metered data of ExpressRoute.

As of today, companies using ExpressRoute need to set up their network in an unnecessary complicated way to avoid this problem.

One way to do it is to only announce a small prefix, and use that prefix for NAT'ing all the traffic destined for Azure services over ExpressRoute.
      Then one has to make sure that all traffic destined for…

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      need-feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Fix gaps in BGP and ARP availability metrics

There are gaps in the metrics on our 3 ExpressRoute circuits, across two different service providers, for both BGP and ARP availability. With these gaps, monitoring at a granular level is not an option as it incorrectly represents availability at absurd numbers like 63% over the last 4 hours. Upon opening a support ticket, Microsoft determined this was a known issue and there is no timeline for a fix. I was also not given a way to track the status of this issue and was directed here to post feedback which could then allow the development team to provide updates.…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Separate O365 IP addresses from regional Azure IP address ranges

I have an ExpressRoute with Public, Private and MS Peering. Currently Office 365 services are routed via the Public peering.

When I activate a BGP community via route filter for MS peering (in my case the community 12076:51009 for Azure Central US), any users accessing 365 services from the Azure Central US region lose all connectivity. This is because the O365 services (such as login.microsoftonline.com or portal.office.com) are served out of Azure datacentres and the ranges overlap.

Office 365 services must be authorised over MS peering, and the process is unnecessarily complicated and opaque. Until I manage to get this…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Office 365 utilizes the Microsoft global Azure datacenter presence to provide Office 365 relates services to customers across the world. We are working to ensure long-term that the IP addresses are properly allocated to a given service and will align them to ensure that they do not overlap.

If there are any issues with the current setup where some traffic does traverse the ExpressRoute public peering path, please raise a support request and one of engineers can review.

Jared [MSFT]
      PM, ExpressRoute

17. Monitor ExpressRoute circuit if the private peering is with a different subscription

Currently i cannot monitor the ER private peering if the only private peering is done by redeeming the authorization key on a different subscription. The subscription with ER circuit does not show the peering while the subscription with ER connection cannot see the circuit. Is there a way to monitor the connection in this scenario?

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. SERVERS REQUIRED FOR USERS OF PAKISTAN

Please establish servers in Pakistan and Dubai as there are no nearby servers for Pakistan. The minimum latency that we get here in Pakistan is around 250ms which is too high for developing projects and playing online games from your servers.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Aggregation of metric for ExpressRoute circuit.

We can select only sum for aggregation of ExpressRoute circuit metric. I hope we can select other than sum. E.g, Average, Maximum and Minimum.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. express route delegated authorization - billing should be also delegated

ER delegated authorisation to share circuits across multiple subscriptions; but the data utilisation is billed to the central owning subscription;

allow the ability for a consuming subscription to recieve its own billing for its consumed bandwidth of the circuit.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base