Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Azure Networking?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Bastion supporting vnet peering for Hub & Spoke design

Please allow us to deploy Bastion in Hub & Spoke vnet design. It makes sense to deploy Bastion in Hub vnet only. Than we can access VMs in spoke vnets from Bastion. Hub & Spoke design is Azure recommended Reference architecture, make sense to support it.

55 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

2. Azure DNS private zone for non-empty vnets

allow creating of private zone for non-empty vnet.

46 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Restrict Azure Bastion copy and paste by policy

The Public Preview of the Bastion host allows copy and paste to and from the target host to the browser session and then the local machine. There is a requirement to restrict this capability to help reduce data loss. Perhaps this could be by policy?

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

4. Integrate Windows IPAM with Azure DHCP

Integrate Windows IPAM with Azure DHCP services.
      Some info can be gathered for domain members using DDNS, but not for appliances and other services not using DDNS...

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Azure DevOps Whitelisting

Please create service tag for Azure DevOps Hosted Build Agents. I have been told that to allow hosted agent access through NSG - to my ASE's, I need to whitelist ALL external Azure IPs.. This is unaccesptable from a Security standpoint. Please address immediately

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/idea/467755/static-ip-address-for-azure-devops.html?childToView=571222#comment-571222

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

6. include support SFTP as Sink in ADF v2

Currently there is no support for SFTP as Sink in ADF v2, though it has support for SFTP as Souce.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Azure DNS should support some of the less-common record types

Azure DNS supports the most common DNS record types. However, I'd like to use other ones, like OPENPGPKEY, HIP, RP, SSHFP, URI, and (once DNSSEC support is added) TLSA. Adding those records would be fairly simple and require little change to your backend.

Right now, I need to start up and Azure VM, install Linux, then set up BIND. I'd much prefer to leverage Azure DNS for my DNS needs.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Increase the hard limit of allowed advertised routes for IPSec tunnels over BGP.

I am dealing with a very complex client network environment, which is managed by their vendor.

The current route advertisement limit is severely impacting the works that we need to perform through to, and within the client's network.

I would like to request, and strongly suggest for an increase in the hard limit of allowed advertised routes for IPSec tunnels over BGP.

Please also refer to the case reference number 119051322001294.

Thank you.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

9. network health monitor for each VM when there's hundreds of VMs

Occasionally, Azure platform outage causes VMs to lost connectivity (to other VMs) briefly, nowadays, customer can only realize the issue as their VM applications reports certain errors and engage Azure Support to investigate and get the result.

Is there anyway that we add a panel in Portal to show customer the network health log (inbound and outbound connectivity) for each VM, so that customer can monitor and report to their management team of the cause in time and be able to take proactive actions earlier?

Network watcher connection monitor is not applicable for such scenario as is used for monitor…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Allow Bastion service connect to Linux VMs over 3389 RDP

From Azure portal allow Bastion service to connect to Linux VMs over 3389 RDP session as well if xrdp11 or other RDP services are installed and running on Linux VM.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Network Adapter to move to different VNET

Please allow one to move a VM or VM NIC to a different VNET. Its pretty crazy that one of the suggested options is a backup and restore to change the virtual machines network

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. DNS and DHCP server without the dependency of on premises server and router

Cloud technology has great competition. In future, the leader of cloud technology will have one edge against their competitors which will be providing DHCP/DNS Server on the cloud without an on-premises server and all workstations can log in from anywhere and WDS will be more easy for IT support team in an organization.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Why Can't Azure Manage my Wireless Network?

As more and more applications and services make the migration from the desktop to the web, two issues are become important as ever. That is the content that we connect to and how we connect to this content.
      Microsoft has been an earlier adapter in identifying software as a service and migrating users from Microsoft Office to Office 365.
      However how users connect and how securely users connect is probably even more important.
      So my suggestion would be a additional service in Azure that would ensure that a users Internet connection is secure with Microsoft servers before a network administrator…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Allow network flow logs from different regions to be dumped in storage account in different Region

For now we can only dump network flow logs from nsg in the same region as our storage account. If we have to export flow logs from all regions we have to create 27 diff storage accounts. On top of that if i want to export my flow logs to external application i have to create 27 diff trigger functions, which is very cumbersome to manage

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. SonicWall NSv (Firewall/Security/VPN/Router)-BYOL plans for SMB companies

Currently SonicWall NSv (Firewall/Security/VPN/Router)-BYOL plans starts from NSv200, (unlimited nodes). For SMB offices and private companies optimal start plan - NSv25 (up to 25 nodes). Optimal for budget and used resources.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base