Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Please add port-mirroring to Azure to enable DLP and logging applications

We would like a virtual span port or port-mirroring ability

365 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      13 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Azure Internal Endpoints to Vnet

Please provide Azure Services with an Internal Endpoint (a least Azure Storage and Azure Backup) to build up machines without Internet Connection.

47 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Ability to limit access only to the specific storage account

VNet Service Endpoint achieves secure access to storage from virtual network, but there is still a risk that someone might leak our sensitive data to his/her own storage account.
      To make sure our data is stored in our storage account, we really need the ability to limit access to the specific approved storage account.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Allow custom DNS search domain for virtual networks

Thanks for recently adding the ability to specify custom DNS servers for virtual networks.
      I assume this is implemented with DHCP.
      We are unfortunately not able to rely on this feature yet because we also set a custom DNS domain search.
      This can be done with DHCP option 119, and this is how we have our non-Azure LAN configured.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Automatically add Web hosting plan services to virtual network

I pretty much want to keep storage, SQL database, web app, VMs, and any other service I use within a private network to keep granular control of which services can connect to other services. The "open to all" connection strings to all services is a hard sell to any organization used to securing their IT behind firewalls and networks of networks. Where are you on this today? It must be considered a less secure since these connection strings always tend to leak..

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Expand vendor support for Azure virtual network TAP

Allow Azure virtual network TAP to send collected data to a VM running Suricata, Snort, riverbed etc, not only the current list of vendors.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      started  ·  1 comment  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Tell the user which objects prevent an object from being deleted

I wanted to delete a Virtual Network and it kept telling me that it was in use and that I should come back later if I just deleted an object that used this Network.
      However, the actual reason was that the Virtual Network still had a Gateway configured. As this gateway only shows up inside the Virtual Network and not on "All Resources", I wasted hours to figure out why I couldn't delete the network.

Suggestion:
      If I can't delete an object because it is in use or has children, give me a list of those objects that prevent the…

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel, we’ve made some updates here, our error messages tell you what resources are preventing delete VNet.

Further, we created a diagnostic in the support work flow (Azure Portal, support ticket creation: Virtual Network > Management > Cannot delete VNet) to tell you exactly what resources are preventing delete, too!

Hope this helps, let us know your feedback

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-network-troubleshoot-cannot-delete-vnet

- Anavi N [MSFT]

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base