Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Azure Loadbalancer must delete unhealthy VM of Azure VMSS

I have create Azure VMSS behind Public Azure Std LB with HTTP based Health Probe. Azure Loadbalancer is working as per expectation. But If VM is unhealthy then it must be deleted or re-provisioned. So that machine can attain healthy state again.

149 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      12 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’d like to ask you for more feedback on this request please. Load Balancer doesn’t control the VMSS. I think what you’re looking for is a way for VMSS to replace any instances with a LB health probe status of 0. I’ve reached out to VMSS team to get their input. LB is likely not the right place to do this.
      — Christian

2. Global Anycast Load Balancer

Enable Load Balancer to serve multiple regions via a single global IP using anycast. GCP does this today. In Azure, you must use Traffic Manager and manually configure for the same effect. Also TM doesn't validate HTTPS while LB can.

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. LoadBalancer should support more than one IPv6 addresses on the internet frontend.

At the moment the Azure load balancer supports only 1 IPv6 IP on the internet frontend.
      The IPv4 adresses where sold, the future is the usage of IPv6. But a loadbalancer can only handly one IPv6 Address???
      It minimum we should be able to terminate one IPv6 Präfix. Better that the LB can handle many dedicated IPv6 addresses.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. RST packet is sent from probe of load balancer.

The probe use RST to disconnect a TCP connection that established 3 way handshake. If I use an software to monitor some paket, the software will detect some errors by RST paket. I hope we can use FIN sequence to close the TCP connection.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Load balancer probes to determine latency

In addition to health probes, provide a probe to determine latency when pushing packets to the backend.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Internal Load Balancer support for multiple availability sets

It would be great if the internal load balancer supports multiple availability sets. Each backend pool allowing to target a different availability set.

We host a HA multi-tiered solution with VMs for each tier in their own availability set. Clients connect to these servers via internal load balancers.

Each tier now has its own ILB and subsequently its own IP and FQDN to have clients connect to (app.domain.local, instead of app.domain.local, app-web.domain.local, app-mgmt.domain.local, ...)

This will allow for
      - 1 ILB per solution
      - a single endpoint and FQDN to access the various tiers in the app (app.domain.local, instead of…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Could be possible LB TCP and UDP flows on all ports simultaneously when you're using an Public load balancer

Unfortunately, HA ports configuration is available only for internal load balancers. It is not available for public load balancers.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base