Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Support IP address in Backend Pool (Azure Load Balancer)

Currently you can only include VMs or VMSS within an Azure Load Balancer Backend Pool.

If we could choose an IP Address we would be able to load balance other resources hosted in Azure as well.

Our use case:
      Load balance DNS queries (over udp-53) to Azure Container Groups (private IP).

25 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. What was changed in Azure Loadbalancer - it prevents me from creating a second loadbalancer rule to a different backend pool?

I have already several balancers that balance different type of requests to different backend pools - HTTPS to one AMQPS to another, WS to third one, etc..
      Today I realized, that I am not able to create another loadalancer rule without adding new publicIP. OK, I can add new IP address, but what about the already created and configured loadbalancers? How will they be affected? How long will they be able to operate, till they will stop providing outbound connectivity for my servers? Is there any refund for this type of harm?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. On Azure portal,under Load balancer the statement of floating IP should be updated.

Recently i took a case ,customer complained this .On Azure portal,under Load balancer the statement of floating IP "says 'We recommend using this feature only when configuring a SQL Always" needs to be updated.
      The statement needs to be updated as follows :
      We recommend using this feature only when configuring a SQL AlwaysOn Availability Group Listener and SQL Failover Clustered Instance (FCI) IP Address.

The current statement appears to be old and was true before we started supporting SQL FCI on Azure. You can see the details here
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/sql/virtual-machines-windows-portal-sql-create-failover-cluster

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base