Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. standard internal loadbalancer

Access to public address does not work for standard internal loadbalancer (according to MS by design). In order to be able to access public resources a public IP need to be assigned.
      However there are cases where public IP should not be assigned to allow only private traffic. There are two services which however require (via UDR) access to public.
      Reaching the KMS license server (Windows) and Redhat repositories (for both the recommendation is to use UDR).
      So access to those services is not possible once you do a standard internal loadbalancer and your policy prohibits use of public IP. …

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Provide Load balancing performance Data for ILB

Provide the ability to get ILB performance data.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Standard load balancer - last rule warning

I just caused an outage, because I deleted the last rule of the standard frontend load balancer in front of the firewalls.
      The root cause is clear based on the documentation:
      "The Load Balancer resource must be configured with a load balancer rule to create a link between the public IP frontend with the backend pool."
      That means, I am forced to have a rule, regardless whether it is nonsense like some random high port, in order to enable the backend VMs to connect to internet. So even I do not want to have a connection from internet, I still…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Port Not listing on LB

Team,

When we openany new port on LB, it always not listing and also not able to telnet. Then we need to delete again probe and LB rule then it works.

Please improve the LB function so that if anybody open new port, its work quickly.

thanks
      AShok

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Ability to specify Target VM on Azure CLI command 'az network lb inbound-nat-rule create' command

When you create an inbound NAT rule you cannot specify the target VM. You can use a different command (az network nic ip-config inbound-nat-rule add) or the GUI, but it would be good to have the option here too.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Azure SLB: suggestion for display of frontend ip addresses

On the portal, we can see public IP address which is assigned to each VM in "overview" of VM resource.
      If VM is bound to loadbalancing rule or inbound NAT rule of SLB, SLB's frontend IP address is displayed in "Public IP address" field.

However, even if SLB has multiple frontend addresses, not all public addresses are not displayed, but only a single public address is displayed in this field. Sometimes it confuses operators. Please consider to modify this like below:

• not to display any frontend IP address of SLB in "Public IP address" field
        or

• display all frontend IP…
      0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Load Balancer should drop all packets for ports not configured

Load Balancer should drop all packets for ports not configured before they get to my NSGs. See REG: 119012221000062 for additional information. Basically, the Azure LB installed as part of the Azure AD service is configured for port 443. But my NSG flow logs show packets arriving on a port other than 443 and incidentally for the destination as the public IP associated with the LB. My initial complaint was why do I see such a public IP address and I was told this is unavoidable because SNAT is enabled on this LB. I have no control over this LB…

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 3 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base