Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Azure Networking?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Traffic Manager Logging & Alerts

Traffic Manager needs to keep track of past endpoint health failures.
      In addition to this it should be possible to configure alerts about changes to endpoint health.

107 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Add more configurability to Traffic Manager monitoring endpoint

I would like for the monitoring endpoint configuration to support two new options:

1) How many consecutive times TrafficMgr does not get an http 200 from the endpoint before it deems it down. I have a scenario where I want it to be deemed down immediately after one failure for a quicker failover.
      2) How many consecutive times TrafficMgr receives an http 200 after it has deemed it down before it will deem it up again. I have seen a scenario where table storage (or SQL Azure) is inconsistent (fails one query then succeeds the next, back and forth) and…

79 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Formalize the Traffic Manager user agent string

I would like to see the user agent that Traffic Manager uses in its HTTP requests as part of monitoring/probing become formalized so that applications can take a dependency on the user agent string name and not worry about it changing in the future affecting the application that has behavior that depends on the user agent.

For an example where the user agent string is needed to comply with URL canonicalization needs along with Traffic Manager being involved, please refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/d9f8e779-644d-4263-990c-9de5a7cf403c/is-the-user-agent-for-traffic-manager-guaranteed.

41 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Support edns-client-subnet extension in Traffic Manager

I'm surprised to learn the Traffic Manager does not support the client-subnet feature. Most major CDNs & DNS providers seem to support it.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Support CAA record in Azure DNS web portal

Thank you for supporting CAA records via CLI/PowerShell/API - but for the majority of people, this isn't easy. Please add support for these records in the DNS zone management blade.

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Add App Service Virtual IP (VIP) as Traffic Manager endpoints

When using the Alias Record Set of Azure DNS, it becomes an error if it is a domain name.

App Service has a VIP, I would like an option to add IP instead of domain name.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Roelant

when adding endpoints to the traffic manager, you get all app-services that are available, but in our case, the list is very long, and searching makes it difficult. The list is not sorted, and neither can we filter it.
      Adding a filter would be very helpfull.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Maintain "DNS Zone" name server across muliple Zones

Currently Azure DNS Zone will randomly create Zone records in different DNS Servers.

I have a public DNS server which I would like to migrate to Azure DNS Zone, to do this I need maintain my name servers but redirect to Azure's. because every time I create a new zone it is generated in a different DNS Server I can't create the CNAMEs to easily migrate my clients domains.

Could this feature be added.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Traffic analytics error reporting IP vs NIC

We have several app-ways in the same subnet.
      Traffic analytics is display a DestIP_s which does not correspond with the displayed NIC_s (it belongs to a different app-way).

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Is adding external endpoints via IP address available instead of FQDN? i don't think it is? can some one clarify it please..

On Azure Traffic Manager, is external endpoints addition via IP address available instead of FQDN? i don't think it is yet? can some one clarify it please..

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base