Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Front Door: TM’s FQDN is reflecting in drop down menu mutiple times when adding app services to a front door backend pool

Currently if i have multiple app services connected to a traffic manager and i want to have a Azure Front door, TM's FQDN reflects in the dropdown while adding these appservices in Front door backend pool.

For eg. Say xyz.azurewesites.net and pqr.azurewebsites.net are connected to tm.trafficmanager.net. When I create a front door and try to add these appservices to the pool, tm.trafficmanager.net shows up two times instead of real appservice names.

This is a issue where if I want add app services among multiple backend pools say one for read and one for write, there would be no way to…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Front door t-msedge.net add ipv6 to auth nameservers.

Front door cname domain fails to load in a IPv6 only scenario, since the auth nameservers for domain t-msedge.net is IPv4 only. Please add IPv6 to those nameservers ASAP.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Fallback to secondary region of RA-GRS storage endpoints for AzureFD

With a storage account configured with RA-GRS. It would be nice that if Azure FD is using a backend point to a storage account it would use primary endpoint as Priority 1 and for the secondary endpoint be used as Priority 2, currently this needs configured manually with 'Custom Host' type

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Rule Engine Configuration: Add "Request Host Name" as a test condition field

The only option currently available within Azure Front Door to test the incoming request host name is through the "Request Url" field; since regexes are not supported - and the incoming request url value can be incredibly long - it is not economical to test against this field.

Enabling developers to test conditions against a "Request Host Name" field would let them to implement high-level, domain-specific rules without any difficulty.

An example rule with "Request Host Name" "Ends With" "mx" "To Lowercase" would be applicable to these incoming requests:
      somedomain.com.mx
      FOODOMAIN.MX
      bardomain.com.mx
      thisisareallylonghostname.CoM.mX

But it would not be applicable to…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Log the violating field for Azure Frontdoor WAF logs

Azure Front Door WAF logs currently indicate the violated rule name (ruleName_s) but it does not include the field (cookie name, query parameter name, etc) that was responsible for the action being invoked.

This makes investigating false positives difficult.

From what I can see in the Application Gateway documentation, its WAF looks like it does give you information about the details of the violation:
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/web-application-firewall/ag/web-application-firewall-troubleshoot

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Monitor health alerts on changes made to Front Door front end anycast ip address.

Whilst we understand the trade-off of the anycast front end. Even though there is apparently very little chance of change over the lifetime of the FD and we do generally rely on the CNAME, we have some circumstances when partners whitelist our FD from their reverse proxies. We've had two IP changes in a matter of months, so a "heads up" alert would be brilliant in this case.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Backend HTTPS certificate issue ?

I have a FrontDoor that is forwarding requests to an application running on IIS on an
      azure VM.
      Initially I configred it to forward using HTTP to backend address

"my-vm.northeurope.cloudapp.azure.com", and got this working.

Then I changed the FrontDoor config to forward using HTTPS, and I configured IIS
      on the VM to use a self-signed certificate for "my-vm.northeurope.cloudapp.azure.com".
      This didn't work.

So I installed on the VM a signed certificate for a domain I own ".mydomain.com",
      and configured IIS to use this cert.
      This now worked, and I could get proper responses to my queries,
      but I realized I

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Add HttpOnly attribute to all cookies set by Azure Front Door

The HttpOnly attribute is missing from all cookies, especially the ASLBSA session affinity cookies. This is a required standard, it's even flagged internally by WebScout scanner as a high-priority security vulnerability.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Enable the ability to deny all files larger than a specific size in an API via Front Door

We have an API that is transferring file but we want to deny any files larger than a specific size. This can be done at the API Management but we want it to stop at Front Door instead.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. update approved CA's list

i just suggesting to replace Comodo with Sectigo as a approved CA. ref https://support.sectigo.com/Com_KnowledgeDetailPage?Id=kA03l00000117L

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Allow expressions or dynamic values for Azure Front Door Rules Engine Actions

Currently, header (request and response) values for Actions within the Azure Front Door Rules Engine seem to only support static values.

Can we have dynamic values or expressions? An example would be if we wanted to add a specific custom header that contains the value of the frontend host/domain. Currently, we would have to create a rule for each domain and attach the custom rule to the specific routing rule.

I know the x-forwarded-host exists but the above was just an example. There are other potential uses to having dynamic/expression values.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Query string does not support without value in Azure FrontDoor

Currently, the query string parameter in Frontdoor does not support a key withou value, it only supports format key=value. However, in RFC, it does not mandate the format with key=value. Is there any load map to have FD supports this feature?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3.4

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 2 3 5 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base