Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Support wildcard hosts in custom hostnames

Many of current SaaS applications enable customers to select it`s own subdomain in order do have a personalized url.

So let's say I own contoso.com and I let my customers select any subdomain (*.contoso.com) like:

foo.contoso.com
      bar.contoso.com

That's cool with a couple customers but when you have a large system it's not doable setup one by one, even that you can automate that.

The ideal solution would be allowing custom hostname field to bind a wildcard domain, in this example *.contoso.com

There's a similar idea for Application Gateway that has been for a while (https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217313-networking/suggestions/19527121-application-gateway-support-wildcard-hosts-in-lis)

Similar products on…

165 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      started  ·  3 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Enable OWASP secure headers on Azure FrontDoor service

Requesting Front Door be supporting OWASP secure headers (https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Secure_Headers_Project#tab=Headers)?
      Currently, our POC website using Azure FrontDoor fails many OWASP header tests, especially when Front Door would claim to protect against few OWASP attacks.
      Appreciate that these be on the FrontDoor roadmap in very near future.

OWASP HTTP Secure Headers
      ------------------------------
      HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)
      Public Key Pinning Extension for HTTP (HPKP)
      X-Frame-Options
      X-XSS-Protection
      X-Content-Type-Options
      Content-Security-Policy
      X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies
      Referrer-Policy
      Expect-CT
      Feature-Policy

156 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      started  ·  3 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Allow configurable timeout period for Front Door

Currently Front Door forces a 30 second timeout for backend requests. This can severely restrict the usefulness of the service in production systems. It would be great to have the timeout period configurable to allow for a longer period of time. My understanding is that the Azure Load Balancer, which sits in a similar space as Front Door, defaults to a 4 minute timeout period.

132 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      started  ·  9 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Configurable back-end health check aggressiveness

Related thread:
      https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/75cfb536-71f6-4c88-ac80-ec693f3e6229/azure-front-door-healthcheck-frequency?forum=WAVirtualMachinesVirtualNetwork

Behind my frontdoor are two "back-ends", each consists of a single web app.

For each back-end I have configured a health check with interval of 120 seconds. My expectation was that this leads to roughly 30 requests per hour.

In reality, my application insights shows 64000 requests in the past 24 hours, that's more than 40 requests per minute! A live traffic log confirms this: I see health check requests come in almost every second...

With the current behavior there is hardly any correlation with the configured "Interval" setting.

It would be great if there was an…

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      started  ·  6 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Provide option to change which TLS versions are supported

Provide option to change which TLS versions are supported - similar to the Azure App Service. This will allow for use of Front Door with PCI compliant apps.

51 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      started  ·  2 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base