Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add exclusion feature in CDN profile to be able to exclude certain user IPs for country filter rule

Team, please consider to add this feature in future roadmap as we have customer use case that they need to whitelist certain user IPs as the users could be working outside of the country or travel abroad temporarily.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. [CDN] Simplify CDN authentication for interacting with its REST API

Unless I'm missing something, right now to work with a CDN API one needs to go through AD and setup users/rules for every CDN endpoint you may have for all your sites. Then on CMS side for each site + CDN first authenticate yourself, then get a token to interact with the API. Once all that is done, each site must also know the subscriptionID, resourceGroup, profileName, endpointName just to access the CDN's API.

The actual endpoints for working with the CDN is great, it's just authenticating and ensuring you're interacting with the correct CDN that is very involved. So…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. CDN Endpoint purge requires CDN Profile permissions

Currently, I had one CDN Profile, with multiple endpoints, that allowed me to keep things in a single Profile.

I have the need to give purge permissions on one of the CDN endpoints, without exposing the same group of users to full permissions on the CDN Profile. Why can I set permission levels on CDN Endpoints in the Azure portal if they are not going to do anything? It was unclear to me that this would not work and to get actions such as purge I would have to expose to this restricted group of users my entire CDN Profile.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Exported Automation script doesn't contains global and custom cache rule.

I created CDN profile and endpont. And I configured global and custom cache rule.
      After configured rules, I did export automation script by using Azure portal. But global and custom cache rule are not contained automation script.
      Please include global and custom cache rule in automation script.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. CORS

I'd like support for using wildcard domains for CORS on Azure CDN, such that I can work within the Standard Rules Engine for "Standard Microsoft" ski. Currently, I haven't found a way.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. File Server (NFS/SMB) as Azure CDN origin

This is a request for File Server as Azure CDN origin. OSS solutions specially in the Education space like Moodle Learning Management system, utilize file servers (SMB & NFS) for storage of static contents. This capability will be significant boost to the performance of such Solutions when deployed on Azure infrastructure.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Akamai CDN Easly Expire Header Set and Purge ALL Available?

Hello,

I'm using Akamai General Web Delivery. Its seems fine but Purge all and on the images files specific have not able the set Leverage Browser Caching (expire headers). Its maybe easly be on the Azure control panel.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  Anton Kucer [MSFT] responded

Both of these capabilities are in our backlog for making available via Azure CDN from Akamai later this year.

8. Provide default groups of POP IP ranges for filtering / routing / etc

Although this item is more specific to CDN, it could be applied to other endpoints as well. As Azure has a lot of IP ranges for stuff like outbound traffic and CDN POP, it would be nice to apply network rules for those. Right now we have endpoints and Excel sheets that give us the information we need to do this, but this requires additional work. It would be a lot easier when Azure either offers default traffic groups which you can select or tags this traffic and allows for these tags to be used for instance with IP restrictions…

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. CDN Forward HTTP Proxy

Currently we are only serving static content through CDN, it would be nice to serve dynamic content with cookies etc, where CDN kind of acts as a Forward HTTP Proxy instead of CDN. Benefit will be of multiplexing HTTP traffic to single host.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need more details on what you are looking for regarding “multiplexing HTTP traffic to a single host” The CDN is built as a reverse proxy and can be used for both static and dynamic content. For dynamic content that you don’t want to be cached by the CDN you can either set the appropriate cache control header (e.g. max-age) or use the bypass cache capability in the rules engine in the Azure CDN Premium to control this for specific content. Long term we are working on enabling this capability also in Azure CDN Standard.

10. Support OWASP Core Rule Set for Azure CDN

Ability to use WAF with OWASP CRS, and turn on/off specific rules

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. A ready for use CDN

Give free a CDN that is ready for use, except for some parameters to be specified and the necessary files to be uploaded. Something like a template.
      The videos where experts give lectures are only for other experts to applaud. The majority of your prospective clients are businessmen, educators, etc., who do not want to become experts in IT and do not have the time.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What specific use case scenarios are you looking for this capability? For a # of end-to-end scenarios in Office 365 (e.g. Office 365 Video) we already enable CDN seamlessly without any user interaction needed or additional cost.

12. Domain verification in Azure CDN should not require production breaking DNS changes

Azure CDN: Doing TLS bindings for custon CDN endpoints requires CNAME DNS entries that point to the CDN endpoint. If the email verification is not possible, we need to have the DNS CNAME record to point to the endpoint for a long time, redirecting the traffic to the endpoint, which can be prepared with the content in advance, however, the certificate check will be giving all users a warning about the mismatch between the domain requested (custom vanity domain) and the CDN endpoint's FQDN

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Renewing Assets Automatically when the original files are renewed.

Renewing Assets by hand is very hard if there are many target assets.
      Hoping the renewing automatically.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Fix HTTP/2 Prioritization

HTTP/2 is supported as a protocol but is effectively broken and resources are delivered out of order. It takes coordination of the software stack from the edge server through to the networking stack to make sure excessive data isn't buffered (including on the network with bufferbloat).

Proper prioritization is critical for web performance and particularly for HTTP/2 where the server is responsible for honoring it.

There is a GitHub repository with information on how to test for it as well as tracking support across CDN's and hosting providers: https://github.com/andydavies/http2-prioritization-issues

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Block All for Folder

A lot of websites have administrative functions. WordPress, Site Core, Adobe AEM and many others... It would be a great if I could have a "Block Access" setting for administrative folders. That way, the user has to know the origin url/IP in order to administer the site.

Thanks!

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. CDN-managed certificates should come with CAA record

Consider following scenario: I use a Azure CDN with a custom hostname and CDN-issued certificate for the custom hostname.

I'd configure a CNAME alias: my.website.com CNAME my-website-com.azureedge.net

In this scenario, a record like my.website.com CAA ...digicert... is not allowed, see e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/a/34614769/705086

Thus, I believe that Azure CDN, the bit that issues a CDN-managed cert should also publish a record like my-website-com.azureedge.net CAA ...digicert....

This would also help getting the A+ rating on sites like sslcheck.com which favour CAA records.

Github ref: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/54715

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Support to override caching headers in Azure CDN or AFD which is the cache control was set as private..

Currently Azure CDN or AFD do not support to override the caching header when it has header as Cache-Control: private, Cache-Control: no-cache, and Cache-Control: no-store.

The ability to override misconfigured applications is a key CDN feature because many applications send incorrectly configured cache-control headers by default.

Hope add this feature in next release.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Verify CDN access permission through SAS token from Storage

Sometimes customer is suffered to download private data from Azure Blob Storage. If CDN can provide access permission verification through SAS token, it can not only improve download quality but also provide protection to private data.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Bot protection ruleset in Azure CDN WAF

Ruleset for protection against Crawlers, Bots and Scanners should be made available in WAF policy for Azure CDN

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Metric for Akamai CDN

Can you please add some metric or supplement portal for user to check the metric?

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 2 3 4 6 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base