Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Azure Networking?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. CDN Allow Root Domain for Custom Domains

It would be great to be able to set an A record to a root domain for CDNs like you can with web apps.

For example you can set a CNAME to www.example.com but you cannot set an A record to example.com.

155 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Azure CDN - Redirect HTTP trafic to HTTPS

I wan't Azure CDN to be able to redirect http trafic to https as Premium Verizon do.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. I want to support SSL for your custom CDN domain.

I want to support SSL for your custom CDN domain.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. CDN

Please Azure CDN(Standard Microsoft SKU) support "X-Forwarded-For".
      My customer need to know original client src IP address in origin servers.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. CDN for root-DNS entry

Actually it is by design not possible, to add a cname entry for the root-Level DNS entry. But a cname is needed to provide a CDN. I dont want to publish all my Websites with WWW, just to use a CDN.
      Some Providers already have the Workaround and provide a ANAME.

Please provide also a Workaround, to provide a CDN for the root-Domain.

Thanks, Martin

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

6. Provide default groups of POP IP ranges for filtering / routing / etc

Although this item is more specific to CDN, it could be applied to other endpoints as well. As Azure has a lot of IP ranges for stuff like outbound traffic and CDN POP, it would be nice to apply network rules for those. Right now we have endpoints and Excel sheets that give us the information we need to do this, but this requires additional work. It would be a lot easier when Azure either offers default traffic groups which you can select or tags this traffic and allows for these tags to be used for instance with IP restrictions…

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Content Delivery Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. CDN full code deployment

Currently it doesn't seem possible to deploy a CDN through the CLI tool for the purpose of serving static web content from blob storage.

Missing functionality includes:
      - Creating a CDN endpoint for a Premium_Verizon CDN
      - Creating Rules e.g. (HTTP -> HTTPS redirect)

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base