Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Enable spdy/3 or greater support on Application Gateway

Enablement of the spdy/3 protocol on Application Gateways to help support AKS and Container Clusters within Azure.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Setting a probe port other than a service port in Application Gateway.

Currently, Probing port in Application Gateway is the same with a service port.
      For example, if it configures HTTP(80) port as backend port, Probing port would be HTTP(80) port.

In some application, it could not response correctly to HTTP/HTTPS probing by service port.
      So it is better for us to set a probe port other than a service port like a probe port is 80 and service port is 8080.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Application Gateway WAF logs need request body.

It is difficult to take measures if you do not know what was examined by POST method.
      I want not only query strings in GET method but also request body of POST method.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Bug in Application Gateway - Cert password

I could not provision a listener on Application Gateway using a SSL Certificate where the password for the .pfx file was this string:

gzsh4~?w_"!a\3"'z9TU

I tried this via 3 different mechanisms:
      Portal
      Powershell scripting
      Resource Manager

All failed to provision the Ssl Certificate.

After regenerating the .pfx with a different password, everything was ok.

Guessing that the problem is one or more of these characters not being escaped correctly:
      '
      "
      \

Regards,
      Ben.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. have a case where issue is with cookie based session affinity

Appreciate any help on this. Have a case, where issue is with cookie based session affinity on the APP GATEWAY, its on linux Centos i dont think it matters, So here's the thing:

I see 3 cookies (PFA trace) App gateway affinity, persistence cookie and session cookie)

APPLICTATIONGATEWAYAFFINITY cookie changes (bounces between 2 as 2 backend servers at times), so we would like to know when and why this cookie is changing (factors influencing this change).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4033827/troubleshooting-azure-application-gateway-session-affinity-issues

And one most important thing i want to know is, if session cookie changes, will the cookie based session affinity be lost, even…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Accept request only from specific sourceIP address

It would be nice to enable a feature that requests are only allowed from a specific sourceIP address. That makes it easier for companys to manage a more advanced security. In my opinion there are many companys that want to secure a listener with sourceIP-restriction.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Any restrictions on Subnets/Application Gateways?

I have configured Application gateway on EDGE subnet and now I am trying to configure Barracuda CloudGen Firewall on same EDGE subnet but its not allowing me to configure.. Error says

"This subnet is being used by one or more application gateways "

are there any restrictions on Subnets ?

Thank you

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Application Gateway WAF | Unable to disable rule 949110

Through advanced settings on an WAF enabled Application Gateway, you are unable to turn of Rule 949110. Is it possible to have this rule selectable like the rest.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

949110 signifies that a given request has reached threshold score and would be blocked. This is often due to one or more previous issues with the request which cause other rules to be triggered. It is those earlier rules customers should examine or disable to mitigate this issue being triggered.

9. Application Gateway WAF | unable to disable ruleId:200002

I would like to diable ruleId:200002.
      Currently, only ruleId:200004 is listed in General.
      It seems that ruleId:200002 is same as ruleId:920130 .
      I will be blocked by 200002 even if I disabled 920130.

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base