Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add basic SKU public ip support to public ip prefix

We are using AKS for most of our workloads, and we have to whitelist single egress ips in databases and third-party tools, each time we add another cluster. We thought it would be clever to use prefixes, but as you can only create standard SKU ips off the prefix, and AKS uses basic loadbalancer and basic ips, this is not an option. Please make our lives so much easier!

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      declined  ·  1 comment  ·  IP addresses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. possibility to create DIP reservation for Cloudservice ->Workerrole

Possibility to create a DIP reservation for Cloudservice -->Workerrole.
      At this moment it is not possible to create a DIP reservations.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  IP addresses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. how can access to Guest VM of the Hyper-V on Azure from other Azure VM? (Nested Enabled VM(M Series))

i'm working with M Series VMs. first of all when you install Guest VM in External Virtual Network Switch, the VM can not take any ip address. you sould apply some settings on network interface of the Azure VM.
      now, it work. Guest VM can connect to Internet through Azure VM. but other Azure VMs cannot acces to Guest Machine. i tryed route table, NSG, static route but it does not work.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Changing Public IP Address configuration via the portal removes ReverseFqdn setting

I created a Public IP Address via the Azure PowerShell module but after i changed the DNS Name Label in the Portal my ReverseFqdn DnsSetting was gone and the IP-address stopped resolving to the hostname I had assigned.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Using portal

When using the portal to create reserved IPs the name gets prepended with "Group <groupname> <reserved ip name>". Then, when it's displayed it only shows what was entered, so it's very deceiving. If you use powershell to view your list of reserved IPs you can see the actual name and it's usable.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Hi Geeks, exchange 2013 setup on azure but unable to recieve external emails. port 25 blocked!! any help!! :(

Hi Geeks, exchange 2013 setup on azure but unable to recieve external emails. port 25 blocked!! any help!! :(

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base