How can we improve Azure Networking?

reserved custom public IP range - bring my own public IPs to azure datacenter

I want to move parts of my onpremise data Center to azure. it's used to host a service for my customers. therefore i have a public IP-Range. So my customers already have implemented a security setting to allow traffic to my public IP-Range and my public Services.

When i will migrate to azure data center,then i have no option to take the public ip range with me. This means, i have to inform all my Customers about my move to azure and have to wait until all customers have implemented the new IP Setting.

In azure a can use reserved public ip addresses but when i already have some i would like to use them and my customer has not to change their security setting (ip rules).

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick Heyde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for the ability to use my own AS number and block of IPs in Azure. AWS offers this service through their Direct Connect offering.

• Sajib Mahmud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A public IP address has its won configurable settings. You can communicate resources as Azure Virtual Machines, Azure VPN Gateways, and other ways. From http://whatsmyrouterip.com/ you can get details of your IP information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I'm looking for exactly the same feature to move a backup firewall infrastructure to Azure,
    Thomas

• Kristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created an azure windows server 2012 for RDS in WestEU region. My users are in Denmark and when browsing via RDS all search results are coming up as localized Dutch results.

For a lot of different use cases it is important that the IP address is coming from the country of origin. Say: Danish user = Danish IP address. If that is not made possible we are losing many customers that rely on SaaS-based solutions that determine UI and behavior based on user ip-address. Using proxy-servers as a fix seems as an unecessary "man in the middle" and also adds latency not to mention extra cost.

Feedback and Knowledge Base