How can we improve Azure Networking?

Allow us to view the effective route for an Subnet without requiring an Interface inside of the subnet.

Currently in order to view the effective routes for a subnet you need to have some kind of network interface inside of the subnet. I find that sometimes I need to view the routing table for a subnet, but it doesn't contain any VMs. Could you add functionality to allow us to view the effective routes without having to provision anything inside of it?
My use case is that I host ILB ASEs in dedicated subnets, but I can't view the routing table because there are no VMs inside of it.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ed Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aidan Finn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's impossible to troubleshoot large scale networks with platform services such as ASE, Azure Firewall, VNet Gateway, WAF, (and I guess Bastion), without having a NIC present on the subnet - which usually is impossible due to technical limitations or business restrictions.

• Joon du Randt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, struggling with ILB ASE deployment right now and could _really_ use the ability to see the routes to help track down deployment issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base