Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Support WebSocket connections on Azure Front Door

Add support for WebSocket connections with load balancing on Azure Front Door

424 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      12 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Azure DevOps Whitelisting

Please create service tag for Azure DevOps Hosted Build Agents. I have been told that to allow hosted agent access through NSG - to my ASE's, I need to whitelist ALL external Azure IPs.. This is unaccesptable from a Security standpoint. Please address immediately

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/idea/467755/static-ip-address-for-azure-devops.html?childToView=571222#comment-571222

254 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  IP addresses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

3. Offers BGP prefix/route summary at Microsoft Enterprise Edge (MSEE) ExpressRoute routers

There is an urgent business need to summarize BGP prefix/route at MSEEs before being propagate to its peers at remote sites i.e. Cloud Gateway Access (CGA) routers in relation to Express Route service (as there is vary limit of allowable prefix entry set at remote CGA routers i.e. default 20 in some case).

This BGP prefix summarization helps reduce the need of large number of prefix entries to be broadcasted from Azure to CGA especially for business case that have large number of spoke VNETs (Hub and Spoke model) leveraging on granular address space of a large prefix.

For example,…

233 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

4. WAF on Application Gateway needs a function to exclude some condition like a trusted node.

Now, Web Application Firewall feature would be available as part of Azure Application Gateway.

Currently, WAF on Application Gateway seems to not have a function to exclude from blocking access by any condition.
      So, I would like to request to add this function for WAF on Application Gateway.

Acutually, Many WAF product could exclude particular access from blocking like a trusted node.

175 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      10 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5. Application Gateway V2 support of UDR

Deploying a Application Gateway in a subnet with an UDR is needed in enterprise networks. For example if you advertise the default route from a ExpressRoute connection,.

172 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Allow file transfer to Azure Bastion sessions

Not being able to transfer files to a VM using a Bastion session really limits the usability. Please enable this feature.

170 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  3 comments  ·  Bastion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Enable the use of Azure App Service Certificate with Azure Application Gateway

Today, you have to manage your certificate yourself and provide to Azure Application Gateway a .pfx file.
      It would be great if we can have in Azure Application Gateway the same integration we have between Azure App Service and Azure App Service Certificate in order to handle the purchase, renewal, configuration and security of our certificates.
      As far as I know, the ASC team has done a seperate Resource Provider and it might be easy to integrate it with other services such as Azure Application Gateway.

143 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  7 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Add additional Authorized CA for custom Certificate in Azure Front Door

Actually it is possible to bring a custom certificate for custom domain name in Azure Front Door. Unfortunately, there is a restricted list of authorized CA (cf. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/frontdoor/front-door-custom-domain-https). CA like Lets Encrypt (https://letsencrypt.org/) are not in the list. Is possible to add it ?

115 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      10 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Frontdooor - TLS mutual authentication - X-ARR-ClientCert

Allow Frontdoor to inject the client certificate into request header: X-ARR-ClientCert similar to App Services.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-web-configure-tls-mutual-auth

81 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10. Feature Central IP Object usable for ALL Azure Resources

Central IP Object usable for ALL Azure Resources

In this new feature (ex : Azure IP Object management) user can create IP Object (List of Ips or Subnet) this object can be added in any Azure Resources who have a Firewall (Azure SQL, Storage Account, WebApp,...)

For Exemple:
      You create an Object "Company Public IPs" and you add in this object All your company Public IP.
      In your Azure resources Firewall (WebApp, AzureDB, NSG,...) you specify this Object to allowing access.

If tomorrow you need to add a new public IP you just need to add this new public IP…

78 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  IP addresses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11. Enable Azure Front Door managed certificates in ARM Templates

Azure Front Door is GA. We really want to use it throughout our build/release cycles. We are not able to do so because it is not possible to setup the custom domain AFD managed certs via ARM templates. When will this be available.

72 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Allow Static Public IP's on Virtual Network Gateways

Static Public IP's cannot be used with Virtual Network Gateways. This can potentially be very problematic if a Virtual Network Gateway ever needs to be re-created or re-provisioned.

Example: what if we have 30 separate tunnels to a Virtual Network Gateway and it needs to be re-created or re-provisioned? This would result in a new Public IP being provisioned (takes about 30-40 minutes - of downtime!) which would require 30 remote VPN Administrators to be engaged to rebuild their side of the tunnel. This could be easily resolved by allowing Static Public IP's to be associated with Virtual Network Gateways.

71 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  VPN Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Intermediate CNAME for custom domain on FrontDoor

Custom domains on Front Door and App service do not work the same way.

Custom domains on Front Door and App service do not check DNS records for custom domains in the same way.

My usecase:
      - I have hundreds of clients with custom domains they have registered on their own (like myclient.com)
      - My clients use www.myclient.com to access our services
      - My company owns mycompany.com
      - I've asked them to add a CNAME like this: www IN CNAME client.mycompany.com
      - I've setup this record: client.mycompany.com IN CNAME mycompany.azurewebsites.net
      - We are using custom domains on App service with…

70 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Allow NSG for VPN Gateway Subnet

We want to connect several devices with our Azure VNET via the VPN Gateway. Therefore the VPN Gateway is configured for P2S connections.

We want to restrict the devices so that they can only communicate with certain other devices.

To implement this functionality we need to assign the VPN Gateway subnet a NSG. Furthermore this NSG should be dynamic, because the IPs provided by the VPN Gateway to its clients clould not be predetermined.

Currently NSGs are not supported for VPN Gateway subnets as well as there is no way to control IP allocation for connecting devices.

66 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  2 comments  ·  Network Security Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Azure Security Group

Azure Security Group (ASG) should have the option to show all the NICs associated with it.

62 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Distribution Percentage by Service of ExpressRoute with Microsoft Peering

I need the ability to granularly monitor the percentage of total bandwidth used by services on my ExpressRoute links. I have Microsoft Peering with no private \ public peering. I want to know what percentage of the ExpressRoute is consumed by O365 vs. PaaS vs. IaaS and from what I can tell the ability to do that does not exist. I’ve tried NSG flow logs on my edge NVAs to answer the IaaS question but I still need to understand the percentages used by the remaining services for showback \ chargeback.

NPM bandwidth distribution only works with private peering, not…

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Azure Front Door support for self-signed certificates on backend origins

It would be great to be able to use self-signed certificates on the backend pool VM's, Cloud Services, etc, but continue to use a Public CA signed certificate for the Frontend host.
      Especially for Dev/Test environments where the default *.azurefd.net front-end domain/certificate is suitable for testing purposes and traffic to the back-end pool should be across https. It would save needing to buy and install certificates for dev/test environments.
      Or, perhaps long-life "origin certs" could be issued by Front Door to be used on the back-end pool. Similar to Cloudflare's Origin Certs concept where the issued certs are trusted by…

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  3 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Restrict Azure Bastion copy and paste by policy

The Public Preview of the Bastion host allows copy and paste to and from the target host to the browser session and then the local machine. There is a requirement to restrict this capability to help reduce data loss. Perhaps this could be by policy?

55 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Bastion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. Increase limit of custom domains per front door

There is a limit of 100 custom domains per front door.
      This works well for apps that only require only a handful of domains, but SaaS applications often require it's customers to be on their own domain. This limitation currently prevents SaaS platforms using Azure FrontDoor.

Alternative platforms such as Cloudflare or AWS Cloudfront already support a very large number of custom domains.

55 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. 54 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base