Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Load balanced set form not displaying

The Load balanced set creation form or details view doesn't display correctly. Instead, some sort of crying cloud icon is displayed. When clicking on the icon, it "flashes" the correct form but the crying cloud comes back.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Virtual Network Gateway

I believe that route based Virtual Network Gateways are created as GatewaySKU = Basic by the new Azure Portal but billed as GatewaySKU = Standard.

I created a new Virtual Network Gateway through the new Azure Portal and then checked the GatewaySKU via Azure PowerShell. It showed the SKU being Basic but according to the Portal I was being billed the Standard GatewaySKU rate.

I was able to fix the billing by first changing the GatewaySKU via PowerShell to Standard and then immediately back to Basic.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Affinity Group Missing

Hi Gents,

The Affinity Group - or my vnet is missing when creating a cloud service. How do you expect me to assign my cloud services to my vnet (Affinity Group) if it is missing from the Azure Portal?

I had to use power shell and am now running into address issues.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. response substring matcher in load balancer

Support the common load balancer feature of matching a substring in probe responses as well as checking response codes. For one or both of Azure LB or Application Gateway products.

This permits simple and dynamic switching of servers between load balancer pools (eg: live and staging pools, or dedicated and public pools) by updating a health check page without reconfiguration and/or restarts.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Poderia ter um gerenciamento de dns reverso! Acho que faz muita falta...

Poderia ter um gerenciamento de dns reverso! Acho que faz muita falta...

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      declined  ·  1 comment  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Using portal

When using the portal to create reserved IPs the name gets prepended with "Group <groupname> <reserved ip name>". Then, when it's displayed it only shows what was entered, so it's very deceiving. If you use powershell to view your list of reserved IPs you can see the actual name and it's usable.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  IP addresses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Port Not listing on LB

Team,

When we openany new port on LB, it always not listing and also not able to telnet. Then we need to delete again probe and LB rule then it works.

Please improve the LB function so that if anybody open new port, its work quickly.

thanks
      AShok

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Azure VM NIC in Promiscuous Mode

Some of the legacy system virtualization software require VM NICs to be configured in "Promiscuous Mode" to operate correctly.

https://stromasys.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DocCHAXPv47W/Networking

This feature would help us run those platforms on Azure. Can Azure VMs enable this feature? There is very little documentation on this aspect - Is promiscuous mode available and supported?

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. cannot delete vpn and there is no free support for bugs

I created a site to site vpn in the old portal as a test. I want to make a new one in the new portal, but cannot delete the old one. I tried everything.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  VPN Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please open a Support Request if you still cannot delete the VPN gateway. In general, the currently portal is not 100% compatible with the features/resources created using the previous/old portal. Once you open a support request, if it’s a bug, it will get to the product team for the actual bug fix.

Thanks,
      Yushun [MSFT]

11. Allow to Reserve VPN

Allow the Azure Admin to reserve IP address for specific clients so when they connect to the VPN via a Point-to-Site configuration, the client receive the same IP Address all the time.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Ability to specify Target VM on Azure CLI command 'az network lb inbound-nat-rule create' command

When you create an inbound NAT rule you cannot specify the target VM. You can use a different command (az network nic ip-config inbound-nat-rule add) or the GUI, but it would be good to have the option here too.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Allow connection to only some specific address Point-to-Site address

Restrict connectivity of Point-to-Site to some specific addresses.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. IN ACS Context We Need LBs Doing SSL Offload

In the context of Azure Container Services (Kubernetes in my case), it is a problem having Azure LBs with zero SSL Offloading. It's fine that SSL Offloading is offered with Application Gateways, but when ACS provisions a Kubernetes cluster with Azure LBs you have no ability out of the box to offload SSL for hosting web applications. It's great that Azure Kubernetes has a plugin to automate exposing pods via the Azure Load Balancer, but we need to have a way to do SSL load balancing that doesn't involve routing through nginx containers.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Improve to check cause of setup error

On my network watcher, i could not get the status correct on my NSG. Is there a way to check why it "failed to load"?

I find no clue what is the cause of it? Validated that the region is enabled.

How to troubleshoot such error? Googled but still not able to find a good solution to it. Or way to troubleshoot the cause to proceed the setup.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Network Watcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Accept request only from specific sourceIP address

It would be nice to enable a feature that requests are only allowed from a specific sourceIP address. That makes it easier for companys to manage a more advanced security. In my opinion there are many companys that want to secure a listener with sourceIP-restriction.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Application Gateway WAF | Unable to disable rule 949110

Through advanced settings on an WAF enabled Application Gateway, you are unable to turn of Rule 949110. Is it possible to have this rule selectable like the rest.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

949110 signifies that a given request has reached threshold score and would be blocked. This is often due to one or more previous issues with the request which cause other rules to be triggered. It is those earlier rules customers should examine or disable to mitigate this issue being triggered.

18. native support for opc-ua over https

my organization is keen to implement opcua on cloud but needs the protocol opc-ua over https as native.
      please consider. for now this is still an optional implementation as specified in the ua specifications. will microsoft consider taking the lead to jump start this implementation?

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. how can access to Guest VM of the Hyper-V on Azure from other Azure VM? (Nested Enabled VM(M Series))

i'm working with M Series VMs. first of all when you install Guest VM in External Virtual Network Switch, the VM can not take any ip address. you sould apply some settings on network interface of the Azure VM.
      now, it work. Guest VM can connect to Internet through Azure VM. but other Azure VMs cannot acces to Guest Machine. i tryed route table, NSG, static route but it does not work.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  IP addresses  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Bug in Application Gateway - Cert password

I could not provision a listener on Application Gateway using a SSL Certificate where the password for the .pfx file was this string:

gzsh4~?w_"!a\3"'z9TU

I tried this via 3 different mechanisms:
      Portal
      Powershell scripting
      Resource Manager

All failed to provision the Ssl Certificate.

After regenerating the .pfx with a different password, everything was ok.

Guessing that the problem is one or more of these characters not being escaped correctly:
      '
      "
      \

Regards,
      Ben.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base