Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. AFD not honoring preserve destination path

AFD not honoring preserve destination path

I've setup a rule to redirect specific paths to another url and preserve the destination path. AFD is not keeping the destination path.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Azure Front Door Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Bug, behaviour Vnet Subnet calculator creating VNET

I think there is a small bug in the VNET IP calculator.

The subnet broadcast adres is metioned in the usable adres range in all created subnets.

See attached screen capture

Regards Peter Klix

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Allow the option to open all ports so I can manage the server ports with Windows firewall.

I want to create a Domain Controller for a small company and join workstations to the domain without VPN as employees may be at multiple locations and different network connections.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Load Balancer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Remove Gateway SUBNET or turn it off.

I have created a network (back in 2013) and chose "Configure point-to-site connectivity". Last couple of months noticed that now getting charged approx. .05 cents an hour and I am not even using it. I cannot uncheck "Configure point-to-site connectivity" as it says the network is in use, even though my virtual machines using it, are stopped and deallocated. Either let me uncheck the option, or allow the option to turn it off, so will not get charged when using it.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  VPN Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Networking section

Speed up network section, as it takes a very long time to retrieve ip address info.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Site-to-Site VPN PowerShell script doesn't work on Windows Server 2012 R2

Please take good look at the Site-to-Site VPN Powershell script, because that script doesn't work on Windows Server 2012 R2.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  8 comments  ·  VPN Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Support for Multi-SAN certificate in Azure App Gateway

we want to use Multi SAN certificate for Azure Application gateway instead of wildcard cert. AWS allows us to do this. with Multi SAN cert, We minimize the risk with issuing a wildcard certificate and the certificate is cheaper for us

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Make the Network Security Group Refresh Properly or even work at all.

When I create a network security group. I add two rules one for http. one for https. I never see the second one. After adding it again, I get errors saying there are duplicate rule names when deploying the VM. Which can't be fixed because I don't see any of the rules when I reopen the security group.

What happened to the rules? :

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. The key is not available.

The key is not available when i get Shared Key

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  VPN Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. BUG in Azure PowerShell interface for creating NSGs

There is a bug/conflict between the documentation for creating NSG rules with Azure PowerShell. The tag "VIRTUAL_NETWORK" mentioned in the documentation causes the API to throw a 400, where as the "VirtualNetwork" tag (not mentioned anywhere in the documentation) allows for the successful creation of the rule

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Network Security Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Add description field to NSG rules

We need a way to document and describe the purpose of a NSG firewall rule.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Network Security Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. remoteip dns resolution

would be nice to have the remoteip show the resolved name, doesn't need to be real time.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Virtual Network functionality is not finished

The new V2 (non-classic) virtual network functionality is unfinished.

There is no way to see a gateway that has been created, and the status of the VPN connections is missing altogether.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. blob (web site) under traffic manager

I also want to confirm the answer to the previous post (https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217313-networking/suggestions/31142419-traffic-manager-support-blob-storage).
      Two blob storages (for web site), one in japan west region, another in japan east region, under traffic manager.

Can I know support status of blob under traffic manager ?

I configured on the azure portal as the following operation, and could see traffic manager is functioning.

1. on traffice manager blade, create two endpoints as following parameter.

2. type : external endpoint

3. fully qualified domain name or ip : FQDN of blob Storages

4. on storage account blade, specifiy traffic manager FQDN to custom domain field of each…
      1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Route Tables attached to NIC

I love using Route tables attached to the Subnet under the Virtual Network, could we have Route table attached to NIC as well ?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. DNS name to address mapping broken after VM is re-allocated

I had setup a DNS entry in my local network (10.104.0.6) which went to a DNS VM hosted in Azure. I shutdown the VM for the night, and in the morning it got a new IP address (10.104.0.4). I figured this out and went into the network configuration to change the IP address for this DNS server, but it wouldn't let me. I deleted the entry for my DNS server name, but when I'd re-enter the same server name the IP address would auto-populate with the old/incorrect address. I eventually got it working by entering a dummy name for the…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback.

The portal doesn’t [currently] give the ability to edit DNS server IPs once the DNS Server item has been created. However, you can delete a DNS server from the “DNS Servers” page within the “networks” page and recreate it with a new IP.

You can also stop the VM without de-allocating it and this will maintain the same IP address.

We’ll bear your feedback in mind as we think about how our Management Portal evolves in the future.

18. Unable to add a tag to an ExpressRoute Circuit.

Unable to add a tag to an ExpressRoute Circuit.

When attempting to add a tag to a resource of type ExpressRoute Circuit, I get an error message "The requested resource does not support http method 'PATCH'."

Seems like the resource provider for ExpressRoute doesn't provide all API calls that are required for supporting tags.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  ExpressRoute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Bandwidth upgrade

"Dynamic scaling of bandwidth
      You can increase the ExpressRoute circuit bandwidth (on a best effort basis) without having to tear down your connections."

This is not true if Equinix is your cloud exchange provider.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Seems like I have to delete the network interface before I delete anything else or I get an error message.

Make it more simple to delete an entire VM including the machine, network, security and IP address with one click.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base