Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Azure Networking?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Microsoft could be a provider of domain registrations.

Currently we use Registro.br, Godaddy, 101Domain, Amazon Route 53, Google Domains among others for domain registrations. Microsoft could be a provider of domain registrations. It would be another service that would add to the cloud services already offered by Microsoft. Having everything centralized would be ideal, all in one invoice and customer loyalty.

20 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Allow single top level domain for private zone name

Allow to create private DNS zone like .lan. Currently zone names require 2 or more labels (foo.lan).

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

3. Support LOC records in Azure public DNS zones

LOC records provide geographical information useful for planning, debugging, etc. Ideally, such support would include both custom LOC records for on-premises domains, subdomains, and hosts, and the option of using a LOC record matching the Azure location of a given public IP.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

4. Support SSHFP records in Azure DNS zones

Since Windows now supports OpenSSH natively, as well as Linux and other clients/servers on the same network, supporting this standard for server authentication seems like an obvious win.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for additional expected status codes in Azure Traffic Manager

Please consider adding support for additional expected status codes in Azure Traffic Manager. As it stands today, only status codes of 200-299 or 301 are supported. However, my monitored workload is expected to return a 401. As such, I'm forced to use the less accurate TCP method for monitoring my endpoints.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support Azure Traffic Manager endpoints that are nested and external to allow us to use alias records

We have an Apex domain that needs to point to Traffic Manager. We use Traffic Manager nested profiles.
      We want to use alias records to point to our DNS alias record to Traffic manager. This requires using external endpoints in traffic manager.
      Problem is that we use nested profiles. It is not possible to create nested external endpoints in traffic manager.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

7. show destination public IPs in Traffic Analytics

Currently, there is summarization done for destination public IPs and only destination region is visible in Traffic Analytics. Sessions to different public IPs are not separated in the dashboard, hence summary outgoing volume can be viewed only.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add source port for every conversation in Traffic Analytics dashboard

Currently sessions are summarized for source IP to desination IP+port. There is source port missing in that schema which would allow for recognition of separate conversations to the same client+service pair.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

9. leave my **** alone like i been saying put my credit karma back and stop getting into my account and we all good if not then thats on ya

One bad apple or should I say a few bad apples are going to take the whole tree down.. now ya need money build ya credit up like I did .. family are the first to do you wrong..I've been calm but that's it .. keep thinking I'm playing ya thought I don't know but this well keep thinking and keep playing then we'll see who wins.. now i been calm and humble about this but enough of the ****.. I have a lot I mean a lot and lawyer just waiting for my OK so I'm going to live…

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. leave my **** alone like i been saying put my credit karma back and stop getting into my account and we all good if not then thats on ya

One bad apple or should I say a few bad apples are going to take the whole tree down.. now ya need money build ya credit up like I did .. family are the first to do you wrong..I've been calm but that's it .. keep thinking I'm playing ya thought I don't know but this well keep thinking and keep playing then we'll see who wins.. now i been calm and humble about this but enough of the ****.. I have a lot I mean a lot and lawyer just waiting for my OK so I'm going to live…

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Domain Name Service (DNS, Traffic Manager)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Azure DNS Logs

Need to access DNS Request Logs on "Azure DNS" service. Actually, we can't search on any logs if we get a DDOS attack on our zone. So, we can receive a big invoice because of huge query number without to know who is requesting our DNS zone.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offer a domain registry service to go along with Azure DNS

Very simple convenience feature - when everything else is handled on Azure, why make me involve a third party just for the domain registration?

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding a Website subdirectory as part of the CNAME

Creating a CNAME should allow us to point to a Sub Directory for an existing Website.
      For example: I can add a CNAME for a website like www.xyz.com
      But I should also be allowed to point it to the a subdirectory within the Website like www.xyz.com/abc/

This will help simplify the task and reduce the operational hindrance of using Application Gateways along with DNS CNAME

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Private DNS zones to have IP address from a vNet assigned rather than use Azure DNS Its

This would allow for on-prem resolution for Private DNS. This would avoid having to stand up DNS proxy servers in each vNet all pointing to the same IP address

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. A # in an endpoint name for Traffic Manager breaks UI

Seems like there's a bug in the UI once there's a # in the name of an endpoint in Traffic manager, you can't delete it anymore.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. rfc7871 user IP in DNS request

Add support for the rfc7871 to Geographic traffic-routing method

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Traffic Manager Private Endpoints

For Traffic Manager, allow us to use private endpoints (load-balancer) for fail over. It looks like someone created a work around using Web Apps but would like to have a supported method for RFC1918 addresses.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mihansen/2018/05/24/using-azure-traffic-manager-for-private-endpoint-failover-manual-method/

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Traffic Manager - Real user measurements should use https instead of http://www.atmrum.net/rum.js we

Traffic Manager - Real user measurements javascript URL should use HTTPS instead of http://www.atmrum.net/rum.js
      We encounter cross domain issue.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Enable Internal Facing Traffic Manager profile

As of today, Azure Traffic manager supports only Internet facing applications. However, it does allow routing traffic to external end points (DNS/IP) which could be used to route traffic to on-prem resources.

It would be an essential feature if we could leverage the same features on a vnet.

Eg. Route internal traffic to multiple on-prem resources (via Express route) based on the service health check.

Features to support
      1. Enable Internal facing with custom domains (internal domains) & SSL

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. SQL Managed Instances VNET DNS Queries are not clear and impact Windows VMs on the same VNET

There is no clarity on how DNS is resolved under a SQL managed instance VNET and the consequential impact on Windows VMs hosted in the same VNET

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base