Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. enable secondary private ip access internet

programs using second ip cannot access internet
      please allow second ip have same nat rule like primary ip

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Accelerated networking for all SKUs in a SKU family

Accelerated networking, and more generically: all features of a SKU family, should be supported across all SKUs in a SKU family. With the current limitations based on the number of cores of a SKU in supported SKU families, we have to develop lgoic in a wrapper around Terraform to see when we can just resize a SKU and when we need to recreate it.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. After I configured a Point-to-Site connection to a VNet using native Azure certificate authentication. I can't ping from Client to Azure VM.

After I configured a Point-to-Site connection to a VNet using native Azure certificate authentication. I can't ping from Client to Azure VM.
      Help me!

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Virtual Network Gateway Hours - Pay only for what you use

I just notice, Virtual network gateway hours is not pay when use. Once you create the gateway and extend the Azure virtual network to your premise, it starts to charge no matter what it's connect or disconnect.

From pricing detail, $0.05 per connection-hour (~$38/month).

So, even I shutdown my premise router overnight, I still need to spend min $38 monthly. It is not really "Pay only for what you use".

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      13 comments  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      declined  ·  Yushun Wang [MSFT] responded

Hi, Alex,

There are two charges related to the Azure VPN service: the compute resource charge at $0.05/hour, and the egress data volume charge. Both are based on resource consumption, Unfortunately, even if the VPN tunnels are not connected, the gateway compute resource is still being consumed.

The charge is based on business review and common industry practice. We will consider providing the functionality to “STOP” a gateway if the customer is certain that the gateway will not be in use. If this is the request, please open another item and we will track that feature ask accordingly.

Thanks,
      Yushun [MSFT]

5. Allow Virtual Machines from different subscriptions to belong to the same Virtual Network

We have multiple subscriptions for development and testing and it would be useful if we could have Virtual Machines from those different subscriptions attached to the same Virtual Network.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Virtual Network  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      declined  ·  Narayan Annamalai responded

We will soon have ways to inter connect different VNets on the same subscription, but subscription remains to be the trust boundary for a customer, hence Vnets will have to stay within subscription scope, at least in the near term.

2 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base