Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. A # in an endpoint name for Traffic Manager breaks UI

Seems like there's a bug in the UI once there's a # in the name of an endpoint in Traffic manager, you can't delete it anymore.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. separate DNS Zone Contributor’s permission to create DNS zones and manage DNS Zone records

DNS Zone Contributor’s permission will allow the user to manage DNS zones and records, but will not be able to create new zone.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Allow DNS support for testing in free test tier

I need to test Azure for a client. Client wants to use Azure. I cannot fully test the setup as I am not allowed to add unique DNS records in the free test tier. I either have to change to a test account (who is going to pay for that?) or push the client to AWS (they allow full DNS access)

[I tried to reach out to MS Support but was given this forum as an answer.]

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Disable deleting referenced record

Understanding that this should be limited in scope to the current zone...

Azure should block an attempt to delete a record (A/AAAA/CN) that is being referenced elsewhere in the zone (by a CNAME).

for example:
      - A.myzone.com is A record for 1.2.3.4
      - B.myzone.com is CN record for A.myzone.com
      I should not be able to delete A.myzone.com until B no longer references it. (since i'm unsure how CN's work in relation to AAAA's, there may be some other/edge cases to consider as well)

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Sort the list of back end hostnames when adding a backend to a pool

When listing the backend hostnames for adding to a pool, sorting them alphabetically would make it easier to find.
      Probably a filter will even be better.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Alteração do DNS

Sou cliente do Azure no Brasil e temos contrato máquinas virtuais localizadas no Sul do Brasil, porém no Mapa do caminho do DNS está indo para os EUA causando grandes problemas quando as empresas de internet estão com problemas de DNS e grande parte do tempo estão com problemas. Com isso, sugiro que quando contratamos um servidor no Brasil, que o DNS não tenha que sair do país de origem, uma vez que o servidor contratado também está no Brasil.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Allow country specific characters in Azure DNS

It seems that is is not possible to register domainnames within Azure DNS with sepecific country allowed characters, like ë of ü in Germany.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      under review  ·  1 comment  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Support LOC records in Azure public DNS zones

LOC records provide geographical information useful for planning, debugging, etc. Ideally, such support would include both custom LOC records for on-premises domains, subdomains, and hosts, and the option of using a LOC record matching the Azure location of a given public IP.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

9. Allow Traffic Manager Endpoint monitor setting to support complex scenario like authentication

Traffic Manager can be used to redirect traffic to REST APIs that are protected by some kind of authentication (e.g. Basic or OAuth).

Please allow more complex "Endpoint monitor setting" to be able to ping those endpoints (e.g. Allow to make POST request, add http headers or VS web test)

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Traffic analytics error reporting IP vs NIC

We have several app-ways in the same subnet.
      Traffic analytics is display a DestIP_s which does not correspond with the displayed NIC_s (it belongs to a different app-way).

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  1 comment  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Add support for additional expected status codes in Azure Traffic Manager

Please consider adding support for additional expected status codes in Azure Traffic Manager. As it stands today, only status codes of 200-299 or 301 are supported. However, my monitored workload is expected to return a 401. As such, I'm forced to use the less accurate TCP method for monitoring my endpoints.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

12. Is adding external endpoints via IP address available instead of FQDN? i don't think it is? can some one clarify it please..

On Azure Traffic Manager, is external endpoints addition via IP address available instead of FQDN? i don't think it is yet? can some one clarify it please..

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      planned  ·  0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Azure Services consistent domain ownership verification

It would be nice to have a single method for verifying domain ownership prior to DNS change.

E.g. App Services uses "awverify TXT <appname>.azurewebsites.net" and Front Door uses "afdverify.www.contoso.com CNAME afdverify.contoso.azurefd.net"

Similar to O365, we should be able to specify a single TXT record (maybe a hashed tenant ID) that indicates domain ownership.

Thanks.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. DNS Services

Hello Support,
      we request you if there DNS Services we can use for our internal AD instead of using DNS of ISP or any other third party like Google or OpenDNS to lookup, is there anything similar to this not Azure AD services.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Allow single top level domain for private zone name

Allow to create private DNS zone like .lan. Currently zone names require 2 or more labels (foo.lan).

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base