Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Application Gateway - Rule 920300 confusion

I believe there is confusion around rule
      920300 - Request Missing an Accept Header

This rule is listed in the docs
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-gateway/application-gateway-crs-rulegroups-rules#owasp30

However, it no longer appears in the portal GUI, it certainly used to

I have several appgw instances, on all of them but one, it is possible to disable/enable this rule using powershell cmdlets

On one specific instance I can not disable it using powershell, but I know the rule is being applied as I am getting preventions and detections being logged against it.

When i try to disable it using powershell I get the error
      Failed to…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Microsoft
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Add support for pointing an Application Gateway backend pools to Traffic Manager profiles

We'd like to start using URL-based routing for load balancing our web application, but we don't want to lose the auto-failover capabilities of our current TM profiles.

Ideally, I'd like to point an Application Gateway backend pool to a Traffic Manager Profile (which in turn would point to Azure Web Apps configured in prioritized failover).

Currently, there's no easy way to do this; if all pool members become unhealthy, you have to failover at the application gateway level to another application gateway. This requires a lot of unnecessarily redundant (and expensive) infrastructure for simply configuring failover for a backend pool…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Application Gateway needs to be faster and capable of greater transaction throughput

Currently, Application Gateway is the only service on Azure that supports offloading certificates for SSL, but Application Gateway can take a long time to provision and update with changes, and is unable to handle the high stress levels imposed by some apps. Application Gateway should be quick to provision and update after configuration changes, and it should be able to handle large numbers of requests per minute (e.g., 6,000 per minute).

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently introduced changes which make any updates to Gateway complete in less than a minute. We are also working on reducing provisioning time. Regarding SSL offload performance – you should be able to increase the number of instances to scale out and handle increased load. 6000 new SSL connections per minute is not a lot and should be able to be served by a single Large instance. Please open a support ticket if you are seeing issues with performance at this scale.

4. Proxy timeout

Possibility to customize the Application Proxy timeout. Default and long is not flexible enough.

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Allow Application Gateway's public IP to be used as CNAME alias

Currently Traffic Manager and Public IP are available resources for selection in a dropdown for CNAME aliases. I would like to also select Application Gateway which has a public IP address associated with it.

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base