Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details

• Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details

• If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Ability to queue Azure configurations from portal

In some services it might take quite a while for configurations to apply (for example Application Gateway). It can take up to 30 minutes for certain configuration to be applied and it is not possible to make other configuration change at the same time so it would be nice to have possibility to queue or batch changes somehow.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Application Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. application gateway listener

At times it becomes difficult to know what is the type of Listener in Application gateway that is, is it Multi Path or basic.

It would be great if we can also see the Listener type at the Top

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Application Gateway - Rule 920300 confusion

I believe there is confusion around rule
      920300 - Request Missing an Accept Header

This rule is listed in the docs
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-gateway/application-gateway-crs-rulegroups-rules#owasp30

However, it no longer appears in the portal GUI, it certainly used to

I have several appgw instances, on all of them but one, it is possible to disable/enable this rule using powershell cmdlets

On one specific instance I can not disable it using powershell, but I know the rule is being applied as I am getting preventions and detections being logged against it.

When i try to disable it using powershell I get the error
      Failed to…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Delete the listener but rule will be left and invisible

After delete the listener, the rule still left and you can't see them in the UI. When you create the rule with same name, the request will be denied. You can see the left rules in the resource explorer.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Resource explorer using old API api-version=2018-07-01

Anytime I try to use the Azure resource explorer to make changes to the V2 app gw I get the below error but when I use the portal or powershell, no errors. could this be caused by the old API version used ? api-version=2018-07-01

{
      "error": {

"code": "MissingIdentityIds",

"message": "The identity ids must not be null or empty for 'UserAssigned' identity type."

}
      }

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Application Gateway TLS-ALPN-01

For use cases where we have a backend machine doing LetsEncrypt domain ownership proof, to use Letsencrypt TLS-ALPN-01 we need Application Gateway to be, as the page below states, a "TLS-terminating reverse proxy". Do we currently have such capabilities. Are we looking into poviding such capability in the future? Thank you.

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/challenge-types/

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Azure Application Gateway file upload limits

Recently I'm working with the Azure Application Gateway and when I try to upload a file I got the response 413 Entity Too Large. I read about it and the limits for the file upload are for 2GB but I'm very confused because I uploaded successfully a file of 3.2 GB. Is there any changes in these limits?. It fails when I try to upload a file of 4.6 GB. I'm using Standard_v2 SKU size.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Better diagnostic message in AppGW on startup

We have had instances of restarting app gw where during startup process the app gw ended up in a fail state without any diagnostic messages being available. RCA has shown that it has been due to DNS misconfiguration so FQDN for backend services hasn't been able to be resolved. This kind of error should yield an error log/diagnostic message so it easily can be rectified without opening a resource case. To further the issue a restart without a PUT operation actually doesn't change the DNS configuration so a restart should force a reread of all configurations and settings and clearing…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. ChaCha20

Add the ChaCha20 stream ciphers to our list of available TLS cipher suites in the near future.
      TLSCHACHA20POLY1305SHA256
      TLS
      ECDHEECDSAWITHCHACHA20POLY1305SHA256
      TLS
      ECDHERSAWITHCHACHA20POLY1305_SHA256

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Have better checks on Application gateway

Have better checks on Application gateway, after reinstalling listener certificates, the configured backends go into an "unknown" state, a reboot is necessary even though the AGW is in a running state.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Option to specify whether health probes follow redirects

Currently the 'test' button for Health Probes always follows redirects. However, when the gateway runs the Health Probe it does NOT follow redirects. This actually breaks the Health Probes.

When setting up a Health Probe, one should be able to specify whether redirects should be followed and that should be done consistently whether manually run via the Test button or automatically run via the schedule.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Do Not Cache DNS

The gateway currently resolves the DNS for Target entries in the backend pool only once and then caches the result. This means that if the DNS changes the Gateway is effectively broken until is modified to force it re-resolve the DNS.

Ideally, the Gateway would turn off caching entirely. Failing that, it should at least honor the DNS TTL and refresh at least that frequently.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. The Application gateway creation requires both public and private IP addresses. The current documentation does not work

Current documentation says

az network application-gateway create -n myApplicationGateway -l canadacentral -g myResourceGroup --sku Standard_v2 --public-ip-address myPublicIp --vnet-name myVnet --subnet mySubnet

It should be
      az network application-gateway create -n myApplicationGateway -l canadacentral -g myResourceGroup --sku Standard_v2 --public-ip-address myPublicIp --private-ip-address myPrivateIp --vnet-name myVnet --subnet mySubnet

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Gateway rewrites are dissapearing when cluster pods restarts

azure application gateway rewrites are disheartening when some changes happens in kubernetes cluster.This is causing very high bussiness impact as the site will go down as the rewrites dissapear

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Application gateway v2 load balancing with least connections / least time

App gateway v2 is based on nginx which supports least connections and least time based load balancing. These are super useful for production environments to ensure intelligent load balancing, instead of the default round robin

Seems like this is a basic feature that should be implemented

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. ServerResponseLatency should be a digit and not a string.

In the logs for Application gateway, we get ServiceResponseLateny as a string such a "0.02", it would be more helpful if this was a digit.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. There should be multiple algorithms options in Application Gateway

Hey,
      I believe it is a shame that users don't have multiple options which are available in the market in any service. We are looking for an option where a traffic route based on the requirement. So if possible add options like a custom cookie, Round Robin, IP base etc..

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Application Gateway Session Affinity Inflexible

We are finding the limitations of the application gateway toward meeting our business needs:

1. Cannot mirror Layer-4 routing (packet passthru to backend pool), similar to the Standard Load Balancer.

2. Cannot perform session affinity based on custom rules, similar to F5 iRule:

when HTTP_REQUEST {
      if {[HTTP::header X-Forwarded-For] != ""} then {

persist uie [lindex [ split [lindex [HTTP::header values X-Forwarded-For] 0] "," ] 0]

} else {

persist uie [IP::client_addr]

}
      }

We like to see if these requirements can be accommodated as feature release.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. App Gw same port for both public facing and private facing

Hi team,

Please kindly consider using the same port for both public facing and private facing.

Thanks!

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. querystring values based routing

I have requirement based on query string value the traffic should rout to backend server. The rewrite URL methods works but response shows modified URL to the client browser.
      example: request URL = https://<server>/?id=1 should return the same to client after rewrite the URL in application gateway.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base