Networking

The Networking forum covers all aspects of Networking in Azure, including endpoints, load-balancing, network security, DNS, Traffic Manager, virtual networks, and external connectivity.

Virtual Network:

• Service overview

• Technical documentation

• Pricing details
  • Traffic Manager:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • Network Watcher:

• Service overview

• Pricing details
  • If you have any feedback on any aspect of Azure relating to Networking, we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Azure Networking?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Faster Networking

Make network throughout comparable to what's available on AWS (around 200-400MB/s), because I don't want to hugh hourly fee just to have performance that makes sense! On AWS even t2 instances have network performance D series of VMs on Azure, but pricing difference is gigantic! Please take some action ASAP!

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        0 comments  ·  Speed/Bandwidth  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Direct Peering of East Asia (Hong Kong) with China Telecom AS4809 next generation backbone

the Hongkong Datacenter should establish a direct Peering with China telecom's AS4809 next generation backbone.

Currently the latency to China is ridiculous high with 40-50ms to Shenzhen / Dongguan area which makes it to slow for some real time applications.

Rackspace Hongkong for example have a direct peering with CT's AS4809 and the latency is just 7-9ms to their datacenter which is perfect.

8 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Speed/Bandwidth  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Cisco CSR 1000v supports upto 5 Gbps of throughput on AWS but it only allows 500 Mbps throughput on Azure. Why this limitation on Azure?

Cisco supports upto 5Gbps of throuput on AWS but only allows 500 Mbps on MS Azure. What is the reason for this limited throughput on Azure? I believe there are some join tests done by Cisco and Microsoft before concluding this limitation? How do we overcome this limitation?

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Speed/Bandwidth  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base