Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Only synchronize files which are accessed locally

To save having to do a large initial synchronization from an existing on premise fileshare server to the cloud it would be great if it only synchronized files / folders which were actually used / accessed by users. This could ease housekeeping and archiving, making the move to Azure files a realistic option for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Table storage on persistent memory devices.

This could enable simple data modeling even for relational data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include AAD user name in $logs or Log analytics when using Azure portal

Many customers talked with me about this request.

We now have $logs and Diagnostic settings (preview) which can send log format 2.0 to Log Analytics.

The problem is that the log format 2.0 does not have the aad user name if an aad user reads/writes blobs from Azure portal.

Anyway, if I use azcopy --login and azcopy copy to upload files, the aad user can be recorded in the $logs and Log Analytics. Customers want the aad user in $logs if using Azure portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. handle removing a resoruce group that has backup more elegantly

if the vm that was being backed up is removed, then you can't remove the back up service, and hence can't remove the resource group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure Files Improve AD DS integration

I like the new AD DS integration, but it should support automatic password update too. I can imagine enterprise environments do not grant individuals permissions to "own" a storage account AND administer AD at the same time, so the pre-requisites for password updates could be problematic. At the same time, the need to manually update password every some time appears like administrative overhead, especially if larger number of shares are at play.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improved Status for Azure Storage Import / Export job

The current Azure Storage Import job process does not provide the subscriber any status updates as to when the drive is received, processed or transfer to storage starts. It would be great if we could subscribe to email notification so we can track the process or at a minimum log the detail in the portal for the subscriber to see. I have little info on when the job was started and can only see "Transferring" in the portal UI. Maybe this can be included when Import / Export is enabled in the "new" portal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should be a way for users to navigate to their containers without having to have full read permissions on the storage account

There should be a way for users to navigate (using point and click) to their containers without having to have full read permissions on the storage account (which seem to override any container-level).
    We found that granting the "Reader" role on the storage account gave users read access to all the containers within it. Perhaps that needs to be reviewed, or another role created that just allows the displaying of storage accounts, and then displaying of containers within it could be based on container-level ACLs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blob Batch Read

Extend Blob Batch API to support Batch Read, to access multiple byte ranges from different blobs without needing to send multiple requests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. alert "file share"

can set alert for separate file share in storage account would be better

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Permit changing storage redundancy even if item are registered. Now If I need to change redundancy I had to ungerister items losing backups!

Permit changing storage redundancy even if item are registered. Now If I need to change redundancy I had to ungerister items losing all backups!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide the capability in DPM backup to Azure to restore individual Exchange mailboxes

While I understand the support implications for restoring individual items to Exchange, there are competing products that offer this feature. While it still easy to restore a mailbox using DPM and some powershell - when using this with Azure Backup to restore an entire Exchange database to restore a single mailbox can be both time consuming and involve additional storage costs to be able to mount the restored DB as an availability database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. make premium files share preview can creat,open,close .mdb .accdb fast like we do it in local machine

We have a .net desktop application for exporters. and run it well in our pc and Area network. We now built a premium files share storage with 500g
    and make a share path with our local machine, we found it works become very slow. if we only open one database file and edit,update one item, it only a little slow. but when we will open,create,update many item and many files. it become very very slow. We also do it from vm machine. when we excute out desktop allpication in vm machine. it is fine. but when we link files share…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Idempotent entity deletion (i.e. delete with retry should work)

In cloud apps, it's important to make all operations idempotent, to facilitate handling behavior of intermittent hardward/software faults. In particular, the DELETE operation on the Table Storage is not idempotent (deleting a missing entity throws an error code). It would be much better if it was possible to specify an optional idempotent behavior.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. API Call/ AzureRm cmd for creating inventory list of azure file share

We have many storage accounts, some of them contains file shares, some of them dont. We wanted to track what all file share have been created under each storage account , preferably through Powershell and store the output in excel

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FindBlobsByTags support

I have a storage resource in East US, West US. I'm able to add tags to a blob but cannot filter by tags and get any matches using either the portal or using Azure.Storage.Blobs ver 12.7.0.

I realize East US, West US are not part of the preview, but there are no errors....just an empty result. I would have expected an error if it isn't supported but think that there is no error.

Any idea when East US, West US will be working?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable to view on dashboards the PAAS file-storage usage. Per day, so to monitor both current status, and the growth (costs) indication.

In PAAS, enable showing on dashboard how much of my 'file storage' is in use, per day. Either as a FILESERVICE Capacity 'metric'. Or as a FILESERVICE 'Usage' indicator (alike already does exist for BLOB SERVICE).

See screenshot.
    So I can see wether my file usage is 'stable' (as should), or slowing growing over time, and thus growing in costs (as should not).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Sync for File storage account

We have configured Azure File storage account for syncing on-premise storage device data. We have Azure sync tool installed in server machine immediate syncing is working properly from server end-point to storage account as per requirement. But when we upload data in Azure file storage account using Azure portal or Azure storage explorer it takes 24 hours to replicate in server end-point. It should allow us to configure immediate sync or else it should be parameter wise as per requirement for both the ends.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When Azure Storage have full integration as Data Source provider to Azure Search service???

I am sure I am late on the game for this feature request and I signed up for the private preview. Looking at the release notes on it at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/searchservice/ and under key concepts I don't see anything about making an indexer for Azure Files. I thought that was something that could be done to make a new Data Source for Azure Search services? I was looking at this code sample too to see if maybe I needed to write a custom Indexer somehow. I know in SQL Server there are FileTables but they are not part of Azure SQL.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Key for Webhook

Hello,
    it was very usefull to deploy some kind of "key1" and "key2" combined with URL Webhook, as storage account key and URL
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base