Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure File Sync missing file on other site if file is being use

We have setup and testing Azure file sync for 2 sites (Site A and B) and everything is working and syncing fine until for some reason whenever a file (.dwg) is being use and model on site B, the same file will be missing on site A (vice-versa). The only way for the file(s) to re-appear again is to close the file, wait for few minutes, and it will show again to the other site. Does this happened to other people as well?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import/Export Service Add ability to prepare already copied data to the drive for importing to Azure. Our application have some data storag

Import/Export Service: add ability to prepare already copied data to the drive for importing to Azure.

Our application have some data storage, and we do not copy data from disk to disk.
    We read data from our storage and want to write it as a stream directly to device, which will be shipped to Azure.

For using WAImportExport tool we must write it on local drive and then copy through this tool. There is a lot of data, so we need additional storage to copy it local. This does not suit us, we want to avoid this.

And of course…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Unmanaged Disks Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure runbook

Ability to export runbook using export-azurermautomationrunbook output folder to an azure container. This will help in direct transfer to azure storage instead of exporting to local and moving to azure storage again. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Transparent intranet/internet access

It would be interesting to have a single FQDN for accessing the file share, accessing the local servers when I'm in the corp network, and the cloud files when I'm outside the corp network.

Maybe something along the lines of having some kind of split-DNS, where the corp DNS servers would resolve StorageAccount.file.core.windows.net to an internal server.

The goal is to have local access while logged in to my corp network, and cloud access while away from the office, in a transparent way (i.e. same network drive).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support hierarchy of directories for export job

for example, if I have blob with name '\root\directory\file1.txt
    I want to have ability to see on drive which will be shipped to me during export job directory "root", subdirectory "directory" and inside file "file1.txt"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Passwords for Hadoop creation are rough/silly?

10 characters, lower+upper case, number, special character? Even my onePass fully-hashed passwords don't meet this criteria. If there is a security policy that requires passwords to be that long, then can you please show all error warnings at the same time, such that I don't have to try three different passwords (because I didn't know it needed to be 10 characaters long, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/free-account-faq/ have one sentence that's not right. can you fix to avoid misunderstanding for new

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/free-account-faq/

this link contains the error on one sentence ==> 128 GB of Managed Disks as a combination of two 64 GB (P6) SSD storage, plus 1 GB snapshot and 2 million I/O operations

Please, add the word (Standard OR premium) before SSD in above line to avoid customer misunderstanding.

SR # 119030726003439

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deleting Azure database now prevents you from recreating it

In the last month something changed on the Azure portal. Now when I delete a database, I can't recreate it for many minutes because creating it fails saying that there is already a database with that name. This is new undesirable behavour. All last year I was able to delete my test database, and then turn around and recreate it immediately from a back up of production. Now I have to way many minutes. What changed? Why?

This is not a good change as it kills productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ensure help texts use the same vocabulary as the controls they're hinting

If I have the portal configured to use Spanish and I create a new blob storage account, one of the options is "Nivel de acceso" with a choice between "Estático" and "Dinámico". I guessed that "static" means "cold" and "dynamic" means "hot", but I wanted to confirm so I looked at the hoverover help text.

"Al elegir un nivel de acceso, puede especificar el padrón de acceso para los datos de la cuenta de Blob Storage. El nivel de acceso activo es ideal para los datos a los que se accede frecuentemente. El nivel de acceso inactivo está optimizado para…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. how to change blob access tier in .net?

i just want to know if its possible to change the access tier of a blob using the .net client library?
    If i'm trying to do something that it isn't intended for let me know. but from everything i have read there is a lot of talk about what its used for but not how exactly its done in code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A sync tool for file storage would be incredible!

A Synchronization tool / app with basic features of 1 way / 2 way / mirror, from desk to cloud would be incredible. Whether it was incorporated to the existing Storage Explorer or a separate standalone is totally up to you. I've only found one premade solution and am having major difficulty getting it to work ,,,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Paging issue in Azure table Storage 4.0

While using the Azure Table Storage 4.0, i discovered an issue with the paging functionality.
    If fire a query which returns more than 30 records, I have to move to the next page to view the excess records.
    Suppose i was on Page 2 and now i fire a query which returns less than 30 values.
    In this case, I am unable to see any records because the page isn't reset and it still shows me page 2 which has no records.
    I hope you will look into this issue and fix it in the future release.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CIPSEA Compliance

A few US Federal Government agencies require Confidential Information Protection and Statistical Efficiency Act of 2002 compliance (CIPSEA). Does Azure host CIPSEA data?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preallocate table sizes

In our load we typically create a new table and then fill it with ~100M entries quickly. After that we create some entries, change some, delete some, but the size is growing more slowly.

The problem is that when we load the ~100M first elements from 0 elements, Azure storage becomes really slow. Very high response times. We think this is because it has to allocate lots of space and because it has to rebalance data between buckets many times in the start. After initial warmup, we can run much higher load against it then in the start.

What we…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lifecycle Management Prefix Exclution

Make it possible to exclude results from lifecycle management prefix.
    example: prefix: "Container", blobs: "Container1", "Container2" and "Container3" with this you should be able to "Exclude" "Container2"
    Result: "Container1" & "Container3"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow folder creation in Storage account container blobs without having to upload a file first and adding folder name in Advanced section

Allow folder creation in Storage account container blobs without having to upload a file first and adding folder name in Advanced section

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Github commit trigger, automaticaly deploy to static website hosting(Azure Storage)

I need the function that static contents is automaticaly deploied to static website hosting in Azure blob storage when github repository is committed. Like a azure web app deploy center.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include Logic Apps in the Trusted Microsoft Services for Storage Accounts

Include Logic Apps in the Trusted Microsoft Services for Storage Accounts when configuring diagnostic settings in the Logic App to "archive to a storage account". Security Center flags logic app for not having this configured but then after configuring the storage account is flagged for not restriction access, "Restrict access to storage accounts with firewall and virtual network configurations (Preview)". Since the logic app can not be assigned to a virtual network this cannot be resolved/secured properly without taking my environment in to an App Service Environment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. App Service AAD Authentication on Azure Storage Static Site Hosting

Currently, after exposing a site through Azure Storage Static Site Hosting, the only login method is to use ADAL.js or similiar. This means that no private info can be kept in the static site, and has to be retrieved from a backend which is secured using AAD. This is because even if I redirect to login, search crawlers will pick up the info.

In practice, as soon as I have a site with potentially sensitive info on it, I drop to using an App Service for just one feature: AAD Authentication.

If we could have a system identical to App…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base