Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add functionality - To Export / import user portal settings - Create user template

It would be use to be able to export and import portal settings and be able to propagate it to another user or a group of user.

In my opinion an approach could be the following: being able to create a "template user":

• Create a user as template

• Add groups

• Add licenses

• Assign role(s)

• Define his access to resources *

• Design his portal (the services displayed in the favorites and his dashboard(s) )

Assign this template to a user or a group of user to replicate the configuration like the "Default" user account template we have in Windows.

• this can…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications of breaking changes

I've been using the azure storage import for the Python SDK for months. Today is failed with a message --cannot import name 'cloudstorageaccount'.
    A pip install azure-storage --upgrade fixed the issue, but how do I know in advance that breaking changes are eminent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Files, Folder (File) level access control with O365 Users and Groups.

Whilst I know its possible to setup a Windows Server VM with Active Directory to do this.

For REAL Server less experience I can't see why O365 Users and Groups cannot be used to limit Access to Folder and perhaps even file level.

And NO reason for having a Windows Server VM or two manage this with all the management and maintenance involved.

O365 already provide the "Directory" with User and Groups - so absolutely NO reason why this can't be used to limit access to folders within Shares.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lowering Storage Write, List and Create Container Operations cost when run in the same data center

Dealing with millions of blob gets expensive really quickly. Maybe a discount or a better discount price when running the operations within the same data center. Google Storage and AWS S3 have the same pricing for similar operations, maybe Azure can just decrease and start the price war.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure Function dll gets locked and cannot be deleted, read, written or executed even after restarting the Function

I ran into an issue where after running an Azure function and there was an infinite recursion loop which caused the function host to die suddenly (entirely, no errors, nothing). The dll file open at the time got locked and could no longer be unlocked. This made fixing the problem very difficult.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alloow few Containers Only access from Storage Explorer

We have situation in our environment that, we have a Storage Account created and Application team uses a .Net based app to create Containers from API. There are around 6 Containers we are dealing with different Pharma Clients....We want to allow user access to the 6 Containers access to 6 different client and we should make sure that other Containers should not be visible to others. Example : I have a Movies Container for Client 1 And Songs Container for Client 2...If I give access Movies Container to Client 1 , It should not be visible to Client 2. Is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to sign in: unable to verify the first certificate

Unable to authenticate to storage because of TLS server certificate validation. We use a transparent proxy that MITM outbound connections by presenting a certificate signed by our internal CA. We attempted to import that CA into Storage Explorer using the certifcate import function in the Edit menu but the client still rejects the certificate.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer\resources\app\nodemodules\applicationinsig…:20 ApplicationInsights:Sender
    [Error: unable to verify the first certificate at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (
    tlswrap.js:1088:38) …]
    :
    Error: unable to verify the first certificate at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (
    tlswrap.js:1088:38) at emitNone (events.js:86:13) at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7) at TLSSocket.finishInit (tls

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restrict blob upload based on content-length

Restrict blob uploads using SAS URL's of containers.

The restriction should be based on the content-length or Blob size. This is not supported at the moment. This will help restrict unwanted large blobs.
    Able to restrict using content-type and cache-control headers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase maximum disk size of VMWare VMs replicated to Azure

Hi Team
    I have been using Azure site recovery for almost 2 years now as a DR setup for 1 data centre. Due to increased disk usage, 1 of the VMs now has a disk of over 4095 GB. As a result I am not able to replicate this critical server and currently it is not possible to reduce the disk size in VMware. Is there a possibility for the maximum disk size to be increased over 4095 GB?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Phishing webpages on blob

You folks really need to make reporting a malicious page easier - your reporting page is useless and doesn't work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Snapshot if exists" function for Azure BLOB

At the present time, running the "Snapshot Blob" operation against a non-existent blob yields an error.

It would be very useful to have a "Snapshot if exists" operation (or indeed an option on the present "Snapshot Blob"). So that if a blob does not exist, no error is generated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an InsertIfNotExists

There should be an ability to insert a record only if that record does not exist. This would match off the partition & key, and would be the equivalent of checking for the rows existence followed by insert if it did not exist, or do nothing if it did. This is not the same an Upsert or Merge.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Storage Account Cleanup with ASR

Test failovers after cleanup are leaving clutter in the associated storage account. It would be great if this was automated for clean up during the end of testing.

Same for failing back after a planned failover, the storage container is still full of folders associated with the VM that was temporarily in Azure from the failover but now no longer associated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Moving file and renaming it through API is okay, but cannot copy/paste it nor rename it through portal afterwards.

I use folders to move files that have succeeded or have an error in them. Whenever I process them (including moving), I put a timestamp at the beginning of the file consisting of only MMddHHmmfff_ (no year). I have a file that I move and rename using the Azure Storage .NET API and it works fine, but afterwards if i try to copy/paste or rename it thru the portal, I get the errors shown in the photo.

The file has a dash (-) in it's name, hope that's not the problem.
    I can download the file and open it, no…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we get Azure instance metadata for data disks

Please add Azure disks categories in Instance Metadata Service so that its very easy to identify Azure data disk information at Azure instance level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fsrm

FSRM - restricting file types (either banned completely or only allowed in certain folders) for auditing, compliance (such as retention policies) and legal discovery reasons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Azure Storage Explorer needs a UI update.

The user experience on the current Azure Storage Explorer is very bad.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2

When it will be generally available ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Storage - Delete Blob with Snap Shot Fails - Error 409 Conflict

We were creating a snapshot each time we updated a blob to preserve the version of the blob. However when we tried to delete the blob we received Error 409 Conflict (error msg did not tell us why). When we changed the delete statement from await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync() to await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync(DeleteSnapshotsOption.IncludeSnapshots, null, null, null) the delete worked. Apparently having snapshots associated to a blob causes a delete conflict. Makes sense but can we have a more descriptive error message? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base