Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When Azure Data Lake Storage query acceleration can support Hong Kong?

The query acceleration feature is in public preview, and is available in the Canada Central and France Central regions.
    When this feature can support Hong Kong?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Blob Storage - Retrieve user that reads or writes blob in Storage Container

Hello

Just an idea regarding Azure Storage:

Making available and easy how to know the AD user that writes or reads a blob file in a container. I cannot see the property at blob level, neither in Storage Account Activity Log (at least for a specific blob file).

Would be there a way to know, for each blob in my container, which user has accessed it and how it dealt with the blob?

It's not an option in the current logs that are generated, they aren't fine grained. the current log format would only indicate whether the request was authenticated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Azure File Sync - Free Space Threshold On Multiple Endpoints Not Flexible

Per documentation and Help pop up on the setting, when configuring multiple endpoints: "When there is more than one server endpoint on a volume, the effective volume free space threshold is the largest volume free space specified across any server endpoint on that volume."

Why not allow independent endpoint free space thresholds?

If endpoint1 has 20 times more free space than endpoint2, but I have to set the free space threshold high to get some data on endpoint2, this forces endpoint1 to use the same threshold, not using available space for more local cache of files.

Flexibility in data sharing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Backup takes too much time to restore

I'm currently writing my Disater Recovery Plan, and tried to restore a whole server from Azure Backup (Approx 500Gb of data).

I just leaved after two days as the restore was only 20Gb out of 500...

Today i needed to restore a simple Excel Spreadsheet (90Kb), it takes 10 mintues to recover.

This is not possible for our company to have a week off only because azure backup takes too much time to restore.

We have a Fiber Connection here, with 200 Mbps Down / 100Mbps Up so that's not a bandwidth issue.

Could you please advise ?

Kind Regards,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easily block access to blob storage by country using pre-created list of US based IP addresses

It would be good to easily gate access to public Blob storage to use US based IP addresses to for a little bit of added security for public access blob storage files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. sp_addsubscription

The parameter @backupdevicetype in sp_addsubscription doesn't have a value for the Azure blob Storage

I am trying to initialize a subscription using database backup file on an Azure blob storage. The stored Procedure sp_addsubscription only accepts to values Disk and Tape for the parameter: @backupdevicetype. Please figure out how we can include backup taken to URL.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow to enter a path in Azure Storage explorer

I cannot figure out how to open a specific container in Azure Storage Explorer by name. I know the precise name (from the web experience), but there is no "navigate to" option. The only option seems to keep clicking on "Show More" until I see it. Our system has hundreds of containers, so this is not a workable solution

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New tool to view Storage Tables on iOS

Following your encouragement to inform about new tools to work with Azure Storage services I want to inform about my App AzureTabStorClient which can be used to view Azure Storage Tables on iOS devices. See more details at: https://azuretabstorclient.wordpress.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Life cycle policy prefix match shall match container name instead of start with

Currently when we set prefix match for container name in life cycle policy is actually query as container name start with which will affect all container name using similar container name . For example i got 2 container ALI and ALI-Monthly. If i put prefix match equal ALI. Both blob files in container ALI and ALI-Monthly will get deleted. Please enhance it so that only ALI will get deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Un allocted VHD's and Public IP's in Azure Advisor

Hi,

It would good have to unallocated VHD's in case Unmanaged disks and unallocated Public IP's in the Cost explorer of Azure Advisor. As we currently have to run some manual queries get these resources and deallocated them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simplify the process to add a CDN endpoint for Static Website (Preview)

Hi Team,

Our customer provided the useful feedback on adding a CDN endpoint for the Storage Static Website (Preview).

The current process which set the origin type to custom domain and then use the domain https://example.z26.web.core.windows.net/ as the origin is a little confused for our customers.

So it is better to add a feature to help our customer to add CDN endpoint for Static Website simply or provide instructions on the Azure Portal page to help our customer to follow the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Access by SAS link

Can I close access by SAS link after it is created (long-term) and transferred to the user?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shrinking Drive Size

I would believe that I am not the only Azure customer that has had to increase drive size temporarily to try to fix an issue on their VM and then need to shrink back to their original size. With all the advanced features available through Azure you would think that shrinking a disk would be as easy as enlarging. Yes it would require you to first shrink the drive size in the OS first before allowing you to shrink it in the portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. create permission for larger files

Users are unable to upload files via CLI that are larger than 100MiB with just create permissions. As this is an API limitation, it would be helpful to either increase the block size or to create a permission that allows users to create but not overwrite for larger files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure CLI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure Storage Emulator Error

We may see the error message (as attached in screenshot) when we try to open the storage emulator locally sometimes. But sometimes, there is no such error message. Do you know why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Emulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make documentation and product match up

The quick start guide tells me to set blob storage tier but that options doesn't exist. Entire portal plus documentation seems to be a sales pitch rather than a resource as I (naively) assumed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide Azure File Sync setup support from Honolulu

Provide support for setup/config experience from Honolulu starting from on-premises server. Use cases include:
    - AFS onboarding
    - Server registration

- AFS agent deployment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export Import Data India

EximPulse is an export import data firm of Indian custom shipment data of Exporters, Importers, Buyers, Suppliers of 60+ Global countries.
    Visit Here:
    https://www.eximpulse.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show Classic Disks in All Resources on Azure Portal

Currently, users can see Classic Disks by navigating to
    All Services => Disks (Classic).

However, Classic Disks are not listed under All Resources on the Portal, unlike other classic resource such as VMs or VNETs.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base