Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. rename a managed disk of VM

Currently we cannot rename a managed disk of VM,
    so would like to request including this function on Azure portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When Azure Storage have full integration as Data Source provider to Azure Search service???

I am sure I am late on the game for this feature request and I signed up for the private preview. Looking at the release notes on it at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/searchservice/ and under key concepts I don't see anything about making an indexer for Azure Files. I thought that was something that could be done to make a new Data Source for Azure Search services? I was looking at this code sample too to see if maybe I needed to write a custom Indexer somehow. I know in SQL Server there are FileTables but they are not part of Azure SQL.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blob Storage does not have a feature to export an inventory list of container contents for auditing purposes.

We are requesting the ability to audit their datasets at both ends to make sure all data is copied, all files are present in both source and destination with same size and metadata. AWS has S3 Inventory https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/storage-inventory.html vs the service we found on GitHub https://github.com/guyingqin/Validate-Copied-Files. Is there a better service available that matches what's currently available from AWS S3 Inventory? This would help with the data audit process. For now, we are managing by using the AZCopy List Command to prepare inventory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Key for Webhook

Hello,
    it was very usefull to deploy some kind of "key1" and "key2" combined with URL Webhook, as storage account key and URL
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Renaming a 'folder' places blobs in the wrong place

If you have a 'folder' named say 'level1/level2/level3', if you rename 'level3' to 'level3renamed', the blobs it contained are incorrectly moved to 'level1/level3renamed' instead of 'level1/level2/level3renamed'. It isn't possible to work around this by entering 'level2/level3renamed' as the rename target, since including a '/' disables the button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible to list SAS tokens of a storage account in Azure CLI

Make it possible to list SAS tokens of a storage account in Azure CLI. Currently, I can generate one and it spits out the generated token immediately. However, there seems to be no way to list/show/get the same token later using Azure CLI. I see it's possible in REST API but not in Azure CLI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure CLI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Downgrade the storage instance from premium to lower pricing tier storage

Could you please provide an option to downgrade Premium storage account to Lower pricing tier. Because, premium tier is causing huge cost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Premium Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase IOPS/MBps limits for P40/P50 Managed Disks

Expanded Managed Disk sizes have been GA for a bit and we're so glad to have them. All I'm asking for is some love for the 40 and 50 (2TB/4TB) disks since they're now now ratio appropriate relative to what the newer large disks offer. For P, making P40 a 300MB option and P50 a 400MB option would be excellent. The 250 cap on P50 makes it a poor choice today.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. storage diagnostics connection info

When storage diagnostics is enabled, show a link or connection info to access the logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support sharing database for storage emulator

For team work, we hope we can share the Storage Emulator to use the same database, maybe host on a center test machine. By running command 'wastorageemulator init -server MyServerName -inprocess', it only allows one person to init the storage emulator database (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23127580/can-multi-azure-storage-emulators-config-to-use-same-sql-server).

It's very convenient for team to developer/test the features locally before deploy to cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Feature Request] Mark unpublished dimention

We get unpublished dimension values as per following discuss. We request to mark dimention name that we can distinguish that is published or not.
    https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/37333

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import Data Connection for SAP Cloud for Analytics

Create a connection to provide the possibility to import data from Azure Storage (or Azure Data Services) into SAP Cloud for Analytics, like described for Google BigQuery https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/6051097c9efb42df903e043539348a71.html or OneDrive and AWS S3 https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/c3f01fa4fc3b4d4f89ffca395b61d73a.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. azcopy on Linux doesn't give useful error messages

I just want to download a simple Azure blob to a local directory using azcopy in linux. The error messages aren't informative. Every time I try to do a trivial copy I spend 8 hours trying to debug. Does azcopy even work?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A standard GUI for upload, download, sync of stored data! Searching forums and blogs for a beta app doesn't inspire confidence.

A standard GUI for upload, download, sync of stored data! Searching forums and blogs for a beta app doesn't inspire confidence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tableau de bord des backup ne fonctionne toujours pas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

impossible de savoir sans se connecter sur l'agent du serveur si les backup fonctionnent, pas d'historique.. status restent sur 0 tâches terminée!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. azure recover

Allow Azure Recover Data Wizard to display full path in the "Select Volume" dropdown. If you are using machine with the Azure Backup Agent and attempting to restore data from an Azure Backup Server (DPM), you only see "C:\Program File" instead of the full path. So, you have to slowly try each one until you get to a file-based backup that you can actually use instead of all the failure when you happen to chose a SQL, Hyper-V etc item.
    I know the limitation is from the bad assumption that a Volume is a drive letter, but since they are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Event handler for blob read and custom query strings

Currently azure supports event handling for blob create and delete. Is there a possibility of enabling event handing for blob reads?

My idea we would like to pass custom querystring parameters to a blob url and use the read event handler to fire off an Azure Function to handle custom business logic

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. All common Microsoft services should be registered as "Trusted Microsoft Services"

When configuring Azure Firewall for use with Azure Storage resources, there are only five services (including Azure SQL and Azure Data Factory to name two) that are registered as "Trusted Microsoft Services". The remainder of the services are not registered as trusted, creating a lot of extra manual configuration work to ensure that their use complies with security requirements. It would be better if all common Microsoft services were registered as trusted. Also, it would be helpful to if there were some indication in the interface as to the criteria used in deeming a service trusted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Will Azure Blob Storage lifecycle management support General-purpose V1 in the future

Will it support General-purpose V1 in the future? or we must upgrade General-purpose V1 to General-purpose V2 to leverage this feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base