Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A standard GUI for upload, download, sync of stored data! Searching forums and blogs for a beta app doesn't inspire confidence.

A standard GUI for upload, download, sync of stored data! Searching forums and blogs for a beta app doesn't inspire confidence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tableau de bord des backup ne fonctionne toujours pas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

impossible de savoir sans se connecter sur l'agent du serveur si les backup fonctionnent, pas d'historique.. status restent sur 0 tâches terminée!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event handler for blob read and custom query strings

Currently azure supports event handling for blob create and delete. Is there a possibility of enabling event handing for blob reads?

My idea we would like to pass custom querystring parameters to a blob url and use the read event handler to fire off an Azure Function to handle custom business logic

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Will Azure Blob Storage lifecycle management support General-purpose V1 in the future

Will it support General-purpose V1 in the future? or we must upgrade General-purpose V1 to General-purpose V2 to leverage this feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display billing of each service

Storage consists of many services. It would be good to show each service billing in order to organize asset allocation precisely.

In example, page blob has 'billable size' along with its file size and blob has transaction cost. These matters could be included in usage metrics.

Currently, only 'Capacity: 5.0TB' data hasn't give much information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I need investigitation about my BBVA personal account

I had pirates that I finished on my PC, I send myaccount to my elastic team and they sended to me an e-mail that I don´t see. America send to me a5001 when I´d registered my azure acount for all world and separated changed my VS and my payment of GitHub for J.V.musica
    isn´t in my ingresses.Could you to see it ormanage to me?
    Jose Vicente Couce González Picos Gómez-30.618.858-Q of Spain
    e-mail to microsoft:goravic782@outlook.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. please don't cloud-tier all files at once, please fully sync at least few files before the percentage quota is filled.

on Azure File Sync, please don't cloud-tier all files at once, please fully sync at least few files before the percentage quota is filled.

I have assigned 80% volume free to be maintained in the cloud-tiering option on one of my servers. Turns out that it actually tier all the files on my other servers in the Azure cloud rather than completely sync all files until the quota is reached.

You would thought that normally once you set a specific quota, that quota should be met first then only your next/upcoming data would be tiered to the Azure cloud.

I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Where are the shipping addresses? They should be easy to find.

Where are the shipping addresses? They should be easy to find, so make them easy to find.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure Storage Explorer Preview Bug

Created an access policy for an Azure Table then went into Storage Explorer (Preview) and attempted to create a Shared Access Signature, I am not able to click Create after selecting the access policy drop down for my created policy, only if I use the (none) option and specify the settings. I need to use the installed version of storage explorer still for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Azure Storage Explorers ability to download large VM's

Azure Storage Explorer always stops downloading VM's from Azure every time. I've been trying to download the same 128 GB classic VM with it for over an hour and it keeps timing out between 20% and 30% each time. At least allow someone to resume a download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Error:400 and dreamspark

i do getting error message like this

Storage creation failed

Error:400
    {"error":{"code":"DisallowedProvider","message":"Åtgärden stöds inte för namnområdet Microsoft.Storage. Listan över tillåtna provider-namnområden är Microsoft.Authorization,Microsoft.Features,microsoft.insights,Microsoft.NotificationHubs,Microsoft.Resources,Microsoft.Sql,microsoft.support,microsoft.visualstudio,Microsoft.Web,SuccessBricks.ClearDB."}}

Can't create a storage account. Please try again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SSD disk of smaller size with higher performance (IOPS)

I suggest providing SSD disk of smaller size with higher performance. For businesses with smaller storage requirement(say 100 / 250 GB etc), we don't have option to select better IOPs even if we are ready to pay more. Storage with performance based segregation irrespective of storage size is much appreciable one which I wish to suggest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Premium Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why is the nomenclature so confusing?

The usability of Azure is really confusing. If I open AWS management console, I can understand the concepts and start using within 5-10 mins and script up my workflows easily using the CLI.

Whereas Azure the nomeclature is very confusing and I can't get past 'subscriptions', 'resource-groups' and 'accounts'. And to make it worse, EventGrid registering a routing rule is called 'subscription' again.

It appears there are silo PM's sitting around and coming up with disparate concepts and the user is burdened with putting then together. Or is the strategy that individual developers should not be empowered and always go…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. option to create new storage

There should be an option to create a new storage when browsing existing storage. This same paradigm should apply for all other categories of services. Otherwise I have to hunt through a bunch of stuff in the +Add_ menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ensure enabling Azure Storage Emulator debug log does not cause it to crash

If the Azure Storage Emulator is installed on the Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system and started, it terminates unexpectedly after a period of time, if the following config directive, is set within the "<root:\<user name>\AppData\Local\AzureStorageEmulator\AzureStorageEmulator.5.5.config" file (see attachment):

<LoggingEnabled>true</LoggingEnabled>

The status message "The storage emulator was successfully started." is never displayed (see attachment).

I switched this capability on hoping it would assist with debugging a connection issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Emulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. end point file sync

text file changed on the server endpount is not sync to the File share on Azure. What is the point of setup sync group and use file sync on the on-premises server?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why create Storage accounts for each service when I already have an Storage.

If there is a Storage account created only containers are enough to Map for any Service that we create.

Also when we select any Storage Accounts that should show the SQL, VM or any resources that is using that storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure File Sync agent to follow NTFS symbolic links

Allow the Azure File Sync agent to follow NTFS symbolic links - these are transparent to the OS so assuming efforts were made to disable this - why??

Had an amazing idea on how to apply this but ignoring symbolic links has made this impossible.

confused when considering any possible reason for this :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. see how many files are synced, and which ones are being automatically excluded

In order to increase my confidence that all of my files are being synced, it would be nice to be able to see a count of how many files are in the synced storage account in the Azure portal, so I can compare to the number of files in the on-premises folder. Also, it would be nice to give a list of the files that were automatically excluded (such as desktop.ini, ~*.*, *.tmp, thumbs.db), so if the counts differ, I can see if it's because of these.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want set Cache-Control as an option, when Azure File Copy task

I read this article about static website hosting using a blob storage account version 2 in Azure
    - https://azure.microsoft.com/da-dk/blog/azure-storage-static-web-hosting-public-preview/

So, I updated my Azure File Copy deployment Azure DevOps's task to target a newly created Storage Account (GPv2) which contains a $web folder.
    So, in my Azure File Copy task I updated to version 2.* (Preview) and entered $web in the Container Name.
    But, we can not currently set Cache-Control.
    So, the cache can not be cleared.
    The latest content will not be displayed, because I am using Azure CDN.
    I want you to add the function as an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base