Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Analyze archived log

We have Azure AD log files in Json format and archiving them in storage. Can we have a service/tool which could help us to analyze the logs (JSON format) archived in storage accounts?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Object Replication in Azure Data Lake Gen2

Until blob soft delete is enabled for Data Lake Gen2 object replication seems to be the only easy way to get a backup of the data. Please enable it!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. azcopy sync to Azure Files

AzCopy already has the ability to sync local storage to blob storage.

It'd be really useful if it could also sync local storage to Azure Files Shares.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please integrate azurite into Visual Studio ASAP

integration of azurite into Visual Studio (2019) is currently ( Q1 2021 ) "under investigation". Please make it available within VS ASAP.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Storage tiering / Replication

• Offer capability like SSD/Sata/Sas high perf, Low cost with automatic tiering, offer deduplication capability mean in the same Data center store 10 times the same file for the same price, the capability to use DPM for Backup , SCOM capability ...
      Offer live replication in active /active Mode with GSLB like front end capability ..

But Azure is a very good product.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. give the user an option of publish a queue message once a blob is uploaded to container, so that the users don't have to writing cod

give the user an option of publish a queue message once a blob is uploaded to container, so that the users don't have to writing code explicitly to pushing queue message, make this configurable will be perfect. Since the blobs uploaded will probably (what i am doing now) be consumed by other process in some case.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exploring Storage in the preview portal

Perhaps I am missing something but it looks like there could be some circular logic as I explore storage I can explore more storage and loop around to the storage I am exploring.

That and I cannot seem to explore into containers just at the root. So what is inside the containers does not appear to be surfaced.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make SourceKey; DestKey; SAS More Accessible From The Storage Container Interface & Improve Written Doc For

The web site documentation for Windows Azure Powershell is incomplete and most tasks needed for getting keys , SAS and or journal files should be accessible from the storage contained management interface of Azure on line...

Active Directory Functionality should be able to run with a proxy domain designations until formal domains can be obtained and or domains should be sold and generated on demand....

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to specify IP range in the SAS URL when exporting Managed Disk

Managed disks is really great feature, however it seems that user can't specify IP ranges from which to accept requests in SAS URL when exporting the disk.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Unmanaged Disks Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. option to create new storage

There should be an option to create a new storage when browsing existing storage. This same paradigm should apply for all other categories of services. Otherwise I have to hunt through a bunch of stuff in the +Add_ menu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improved Status for Azure Storage Import / Export job

The current Azure Storage Import job process does not provide the subscriber any status updates as to when the drive is received, processed or transfer to storage starts. It would be great if we could subscribe to email notification so we can track the process or at a minimum log the detail in the portal for the subscriber to see. I have little info on when the job was started and can only see "Transferring" in the portal UI. Maybe this can be included when Import / Export is enabled in the "new" portal?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How do I add search to Azure Storage , so I can utlize it using the rest API

We are trying to build applications using asp.net; how can we enable search on blob storage or for file shares. I feel like I am disabling my customers if I can not search the content of the files I am placing into azure

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why create Storage accounts for each service when I already have an Storage.

If there is a Storage account created only containers are enough to Map for any Service that we create.

Also when we select any Storage Accounts that should show the SQL, VM or any resources that is using that storage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an InsertIfNotExists

There should be an ability to insert a record only if that record does not exist. This would match off the partition & key, and would be the equivalent of checking for the rows existence followed by insert if it did not exist, or do nothing if it did. This is not the same an Upsert or Merge.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide the capability in DPM backup to Azure to restore individual Exchange mailboxes

While I understand the support implications for restoring individual items to Exchange, there are competing products that offer this feature. While it still easy to restore a mailbox using DPM and some powershell - when using this with Azure Backup to restore an entire Exchange database to restore a single mailbox can be both time consuming and involve additional storage costs to be able to mount the restored DB as an availability database.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1)Option to create high speed gateway in the portal itself. 2)Increasing the limit of having 5ILIP/subscription

1)Option to create high speed gateway in the portal itself, instead of configuring from the powershell 2)Increasing the limit of having 5ILIP/subscription. 3)Creating premium storage account in the portal as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make it clear how secure Azure storage is

At https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/storage/ it isn't clear if I were to store files or if my organization were to use it for storage, how secure our files/data would be. For me personally, if I store files with personal data, like credit card numbers, using my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, how safe are the files from others getting access to the files? to the content? If a small non-profit were to store files there, where there may be a need for several people to have access, how safe are the files from others getting access to the files? to the content?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A standard GUI for upload, download, sync of stored data! Searching forums and blogs for a beta app doesn't inspire confidence.

A standard GUI for upload, download, sync of stored data! Searching forums and blogs for a beta app doesn't inspire confidence.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. bug report Azure Backup

Hi - reporting a bug:
    a) When deleting a VM which is registered in an Azure Backup vault it remains visible in the BU vault
    b) When wanting to delete mentioned Azure BU vault -> prompt to unregister respective VM (which is already deleted but still visible in BU vault) -> click on unregister -> "succesfully created job to unregister VM xyz" which makes users think that this has been a success while when clicking on the "i"-symbol en error becomes visible ("failed")
    => this is a) impractical (vm should be unregistered before deleting) and b) misleading (success vs. failed)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base