Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View only access to queue, table content in the preview portal

Every time I try free trial and use azure queue and table for practice - I feel that view only access to azure table and queue is not available and I end building my own. It will easier to continue exploring similar azure features if view only access to contents are available - for example, for azure queue - view currently queued messages. If Azure portal is not suitable for it, then may be some Microsoft tool do the same - something like MMC in windows server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exception in UI when container has $ in name

using blob storage to host static web content. when enabled the portal creates a container with the name "$web"

in storage explorer, expand the blob storage node that has the $web container and CRASH.

exception: Container name format is incorrect.

see attached screenshot

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disk utilization % on Portal for managed disk

On portal we are not able to find % disk utilization of managed disks. we have to go in each VM and find it manually. It is better if we can show disk utilization somewhere

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enter deep directory structure with single doubleclick

Some folder structures are very deep. Example: Stream Analytics execution logs.

I need to doubleclick 11 times to enter the folder structure /insights-logs-execution/resourceId=/SUBSCRIPTIONS/MYSUB/RESOURCEGROUPS/NORTHEUROPEINFRA/PROVIDERS/MICROSOFT.STREAMANALYTICS/STREAMINGJOBS/ARSTREAMANALYTICS/y=2019

and after each doubleclick I need to wait a while to let the UI update before doubleclicking again.

It would be nice if it was possible to open all subfolders until there is a branch possibility.

Github has this feature. Example:
    https://github.com/microsoft/CorrelationVector-Java/tree/master/src
    One click takes me to main/java/com/microsoft/correlationvector

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. bug report Azure Backup

Hi - reporting a bug:
    a) When deleting a VM which is registered in an Azure Backup vault it remains visible in the BU vault
    b) When wanting to delete mentioned Azure BU vault -> prompt to unregister respective VM (which is already deleted but still visible in BU vault) -> click on unregister -> "succesfully created job to unregister VM xyz" which makes users think that this has been a success while when clicking on the "i"-symbol en error becomes visible ("failed")
    => this is a) impractical (vm should be unregistered before deleting) and b) misleading (success vs. failed)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we have feature like hiding folders from file share?

Can we have feature to hide some folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Localtime logging support in table storage that is used from Azure Functions

Azure Functions automatically creates a storage account for its service to store logging data in form of "AzureWebJobsHostLogsYYYYMM" in its Table Storage.

I know that UTC is widely adopted in Azure and Edm.DateTime, which is used in 'Timestamp', 'EndTime' and 'StartTime' is only for storing UTC datetime data.

but I'd appriciate if if you add a feature that allows us to check these recorded logs of Azure Functions in localtime specified like JST, PST.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Localtime logging support in table storage that is used from Azure Functions

Azure Functions automatically creates a storage account for its service to store logging data in form of "AzureWebJobsHostLogsYYYYMM" in its Table Storage.

I know that UTC is widely adopted in Azure and Edm.DateTime, which is used in 'Timestamp', 'EndTime' and 'StartTime' is only for storing UTC datetime data.

but I'd appriciate if if you add a feature that allows us to check these recorded logs of Azure Functions through Storage Explorer in localtime specified like JST, PST

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Goto last page

If i want to see the last page in Storage > ... > Containers i have to click "next" 30 times.
    Please add an "go to last page" or so i can write a number to go to.

Oliwer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow attachment to Outlook email from Azure File Share

Outlook utilizes a "Attach from Cloud" capability that is mainly used for OneDrive uploads. This Cloud definition needs to extend to Azure services as well. This functionality would allow more robust File Sharing capabilities for small to large businesses alike, along with less Virtual Machine processing power being required to use File Shares to their best capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AzCopy V10 - Add flag to switch off writing to on-prem event log

Copy large files from an on prem server to azure blob storage, there are thousands of warning message appearing in the event log of the server.

Please supply a flag so we can switch off the logging of messages to the event log. A large file copy can generate so many of these messages that it flushes out the log. The messages can anyway be captured to txt output in the command so it's a duplication.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sort using date column

How do I search/sort the blob container(s) or files using a date or date range

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Editing Filters in SSMS Object Explorer doesn't Refresh the Filtered Results

As an example:

1. In SSMS Object Explorer, right-click on Tables and select Filter/Filter Settings
    2. Add some filter settings and click OK

If there we no pre-existing filter settings then the filter is applied and the Object Explorer is refreshed. However if there were existing settings clicking OK will do nothing and the user has to manually refresh the Object Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow resizing of managed disk to lower size

We need feature to reduce the OS disk size like how we are increasing it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. error System error 86 has occurred. The specified network password is not correct,when mounting a file share in Azure VM

Getting error: System error 86 has occurred. The specified network password is not correct when mounting a file sgare in Azure VM,

After simulating several scenarios of the Azure files share mounting issue finally have identified the root cause of the issue .Now Azure files share is getting mounted into Azure Virtual machines without any issues.
    Azure Virtual machine bounded to their on primes AD which has pointing to their internal DNS thus it does not have the ability to resolve storage account fully qualified domain name thus we’re getting system 86 password in correct message though
    The credential are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide a way to encrypt or obfuscate blob names

My application stores a lot of files containing user data, where each blob is named after a corresponding primary-key in a relational database.

Currently my blob storage container is private and all requests for blobs are proxied through my web application.

To reduce server load I would like to expose the blobs directly, however this would mean exposing the raw blob name to end-users, which gives away the unencrypted database primary-key value.

I know I can prevent access to blobs using Shared Access Signatures however I don't need that kind of security - I just want to obfuscate blob names…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't charge for attached disks to VM's when the VM is stopped and deallocated

When you deallocate a VM all charging is stopped but any attached disk continues to be charged. It would be better if any attached disk were also deallocated to stop them being charged too.

At the very least the there should be a warning that disks will be charged

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. highlight how to disable Nagle's algorithm in your performance optimization MSDN articles

The MSDN article that describes Nagle's algorithm (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh697709.aspx) should highlight the performance gains from disabling Nagle's algorithm.

In our case, disabling that algorithm yielded an order of magnitude improvement in latency (from 300 to 30 ms). This is a vital piece of information that is not highlighted in performance optimization documentation for Azure.

It may even be worthwhile to consider disabling Nagle's algorithm by default, or provide some default configuration examples that remark on this algorithm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base