Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Queues - Add Multiple Messages in a Single Transaction

“Enhance the Queue API” (http://feedback.windowsazure.com/forums/217298-storage/suggestions/1574639-enhance-the-queue-api) had two features. One was to be able to update the invisibility timeout of a message, which is now completed. The other was to be able to add multiple messages in a single request. If you want that feature, please vote here.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Infinite TTL for Queue Messages

Currently messages in your Queue are discarded after 7 days. I'd like to have the option of messages living in my Queue until I get around to processing them no matter what..

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add metadata support to storage queue messages

Please add the capability to add custom metadata to storage queue messages so that we can more easily implement additional communication features on top of them (correlation, header based routing, ...)

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase the maximum message size of 64k. I know, Sb queues support 256k, but they are too darn slow. We don't need all of the features of

Please increase the max message size limit of 64k. I know SB queues support 256k, but we don't need all the extra features and they are way too slow for our needs. We are in fact moving from SB queues to Storage queue now because of perf issues, and the only thing nipping at us is the reduced message size. 256k would be perfect and would make for a nice parity between the queue.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow adding custom headers to Azure Queue messages to support tracking of distributed business transactions

AppDynamics, our Application Performance Monitoring software, needs to be able to add headers to Azure Queue messages, so we can track them as they are picked up and processed by worker roles. This will allow Azure users to see the full, profiled view of their business transactions as they go from role to queue and then to other roles that process them. Such insight into application performance can be invaluable for monitoring and debugging complex Azure deployments.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add functionality to check for queue with no entries (including invisible entries)

When a queue becomes empty I want to kick off some processing. However queue empty does not equal complete empty as there might be invisible objects on the queue that might come back. Thus it is not truly empty.

Functionality to check a queue _really_ empty i.e. no objects invisible or visible would be very useful.

Currently what I'm using is "peekMessage" returning null but this returns null even if there are invisible objects on the queue

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make SourceKey; DestKey; SAS More Accessible From The Storage Container Interface & Improve Written Doc For

The web site documentation for Windows Azure Powershell is incomplete and most tasks needed for getting keys , SAS and or journal files should be accessible from the storage contained management interface of Azure on line...

Active Directory Functionality should be able to run with a proxy domain designations until formal domains can be obtained and or domains should be sold and generated on demand....

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base