Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to get a metadata from the soft-deleted blob

Currently we have to undelete a blob, get the metadata and then delete again.

For a short time, the soft-deleted blob is visible in the container, so can we have an option to fetch the metadata from the soft-deleted blob?

Thanks
    Roman Kiss

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include AAD user name in $logs or Log analytics when using Azure portal

Many customers talked with me about this request.

We now have $logs and Diagnostic settings (preview) which can send log format 2.0 to Log Analytics.

The problem is that the log format 2.0 does not have the aad user name if an aad user reads/writes blobs from Azure portal.

Anyway, if I use azcopy --login and azcopy copy to upload files, the aad user can be recorded in the $logs and Log Analytics. Customers want the aad user in $logs if using Azure portal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More options in the rule filter of Lifecycle Management

The rule filter of Lifecycle Management should have more options to fit various scenarios. In my case, I need to delete all files in a blob folder except of one file. I found there is no "exclude" option for me to create such rule. It would save me tremendous work if such rule can be created. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. FindBlobsByTags support

I have a storage resource in East US, West US. I'm able to add tags to a blob but cannot filter by tags and get any matches using either the portal or using Azure.Storage.Blobs ver 12.7.0.

I realize East US, West US are not part of the preview, but there are no errors....just an empty result. I would have expected an error if it isn't supported but think that there is no error.

Any idea when East US, West US will be working?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide RBAC for folders and sub folders within a Blob Container

It would be great if RBAC can be provided for folders and sub folders within a Blob Container.

A Blob Container can have multiple folders and sub folders, it would be good if RBAC can be assigned at folder and sub folder level.

For examle, a Blob Container called “Container W”, it has 2 folders “Folder A” and “Folder B”, then “Folder A” has 2 sub folders called “Folder sub A1”, “Folder sub A2”; and “Folder B” has 3 sub folders called “Folder sub B1”, “Folder sub B2” and “Folder sub B3”. It would be great if access can be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible to do object replication from ARM

Right now it isn't possible create object replication from ARM. We get an error described here: https://github.com/Azure/azure-quickstart-templates/issues/8775

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Blob tiering etc is too complex ...

The entire blob storage has been made complex.people need simple tiers not overly complex tiers otherwise they will move to other cloud providers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suport access conditional in Get Block List API

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/get-block-list#request doesn't support optimistic concurrency. So I can't set ETag validation on request.

Is it possible to add support for that?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prompt user to authenticate to access blobs

In the last year or two, support was added for authenticating access to blobs using AAD credentials. This supports tools like AzCopy and Storage Explorer. However, it would be much more convenient for users if they could access a blob using its URL in a browser and be prompted to authenticate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please improve the GetPageRanges API.

We have seen the lots of issues with this API. This API fails for a chunk size of 64 MB (when the Azure doc mentions that it would work for 130 MB for sure). The worst thing is it takes 10 mins to fail the API even though the timeout is 90 seconds (as per the azure docs). Needs serious improvements. We use this API to do the cross region replication and restore operations from cross region replicated snapshot.
    The similar API by AWS does lot more things smartly.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter set wildcard match in storage lifecycle management

Same feature like präfix but with a wildcards to filter for files that should be deleted.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lifecycle management should have a warning message on Azure portal if applying to all blobs in all containers

When creating a lifecycle management rule on Azure portal, if the rule has no filters configured, it means that all blobs in all containers within that storage account will be affected, it's not good the rule for moving blobs to Archive tier, it will make some apps crash. So, I think BLM should have a warning message on Azure portal if applying to all blobs in all containers.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Get Blob return versionid of current version

It is common for applications to refer to a snapshot, version or point-in-time state of a blob. This requires the application to (1) correctly identify the blob state (i.e. store the etag or versionid for subsequent reading), and (2) quickly retrieve a blob that matches that identity (do a GET by etag or by versionid).

The problem is that, as of this writing, "get current blob" and "get blob by version" REST APIs are not compatible:

• The "get current blob" operation only returns the etag; it does not return the versionid of current version.

• There is no way…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base