Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow smaller premium drive sizes for VM

Currently the smallest premium disk size when creating a VM is 128 GB. We have many VM's that are used solely for computation intensive workload and large amounts of data are not stored to the operating system drive. A 64 GB option would be sufficient for the space we are using and help to reduce some of the premium storage costs.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase the number of attached Disks per Core

Please allow attaching more disks per core, or increase the max size of disk (1TB by default) without forcing upgrading the VM instance.
    For my project I use A1 Standard VM instance and CPU/memory is sufficient for my project, but it needs more storage (up to 10TB).
    I can't attach more disks without spending more on CPU/memory that my project doesn't require.
    I think, we should be charged for capacities/storage we really use and not for what we're forced to use!
    Please support it!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Managed Disk Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base