Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AzCopy should support /MIR option like robocopy

I would like the performance of AzCopy and the functionality of robocopy /MIR which will incrementally copy a local folder to Azure block blobs including deleting blobs that no longer exist in the local folder. The scenario is wanting to one-way sync a local directory with a blob container. The reverse would also be helpful of one-way synchronizing block blobs to a local directory. Currently I don't believe AzCopy can delete files from the destination.

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    18 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a way to copy the contents of an entire storage account to another storage account

Say your application stores important data in an Azure Storage Account, perhaps spread across both Table and Blob containers.

It would be very handy to be able to copy the entire contents of a storage account to another storage account. So that you could duplicate your azure storage environment between your stage production environments easily, allowing you to test updates to your application on a copy of your live production data before actually deploying it to production.

I know that bits and pieces of this functionality exist already, via things like Copy Blobs and Blob Snapshots, but nothing built in…

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to get more feedback about this item before we prioritize. Is the ask here to replicate a storage account on-demand ? Or have a mechanism to always keep two or more storage accounts in sync ?

Meanwhile, to unblock some of our users we have published a sample that copies blobs from an account to another account: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/scripts/storage-common-transfer-between-storage-accounts?toc=%2fpowershell%2fmodule%2ftoc.json

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base