Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Access Support for Storage Explorer

Is it possible to add support for the following?

"Conditional access is not supported when Storage Explorer is being used on Windows 10, Linux, or macOS. This is due to a limitation in the AAD Library used by Storage Explorer."

We are blocking non-administrative accounts to access any cloud app except for the ones we want to allow.

However some of our non-administrative users need access to a file share without using a windows vm using SMB. So we want to let these accounts use the Azure Storage Explorer to access these file shares.

However with our current conditional access…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the installation instructions for the Linux version of the Azure Storage Explorer

Add the installation instructions for the Linux version of the Azure Storage Explorer as there is no .deb file nor install.sh file. A .deb file would install straight away. If you provided an obvious file name like install.sh we might have half a chance. As usual you've ignored convention and expect people to mind read.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ISSUE - Storage Explorer - Upload Files does not work at all

It just simply will not upload files. I have tried the latest version, older versions etc. Drag and drop of files as well as using the upload button specifically fails. It just simply will not load. Using the Storage SDK to upload files does work as does az copy, but the storage explorer itself fails. It simply hangs in the state "Uploading Group"

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Storage Explorer display created and lastmodified date as column

Please display the created date and last modified date as a column in storage explorer.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure Storage Explorer Web Version

We are in Cloud Era. All Apps works over the browser. Why we need download and install software for using Azure Storage Explorer.

Please create web version of Azure Storage Explorer. For example my notebook is Chromebook. I can not use Azure Storage Explorer in here. If there will be web version i can use from any OS just by browser

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to filter out Azure system tables (the one that begin "$")

At the moment when I view Azure tables I see all the Azure "system" tables, they all appear to begin with "$", e.g. $MetricsCapacityBlob.

Personally I've never ever had need to look at those so it would de-clutter the interface if I had a way of removing them from the list. This could be as simple as an option to hide all tables beginning "$" or I guess you could go further for other scenarios.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Role Based Access Control in Azure Storage Explorer

I would love to be able give my team members copies of Azure Storage Explorer and know they have exactly the access level to each storage container based on their login credentials.

With RBAC already in Public Preview for Storage, this seems like a logical next step for Storage Explorer to support.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-auth-aad

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Storage to have readonly key for blobs

Allow for Storage to have Read only keys that can be used in client tools like Azure Storage explorer or Cloudberry for read only access.
    Often times, a client tool needs to be given to customer to access files and it is not feasible to give the shared key which has full access.

Even better would be to allow for a "user" key to be generated with granular permissions on containers that can be set from Azure portal.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for you feedback. Currently we are in public preview of Azure Active Directory authentication for storage. This feature set allows you to use Azure’s role-based access control framework to grant specific permissions to users, groups and applications down to the scope of an individual blob container or queue. You can see the public preview announcement here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-preview-of-aad-authentication-for-storage/

For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

9. Storage Explorer on Linux stopped working

Hello,
    my Storage Explorer on Linux stopped working. It was working some days, now the following message appears when I want to start it:

A problem caused Storage Explorer to stop working correctly (the GPU process crashed). Please close and restart the application.

Reinstalling does not change anything.
    Also I'm not able to emulate the Windows version in Wine.

I'm wondering how I should access my blob storage now.
    Is there a web interface?

Kind regards,
    Manuel

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to disable "Virtual Folders" in Azure Storage Explorer

Azure Blob Storage doesn't really support folders, but Azure Storage Explorer implements "Virtual Folders" by using forward slashes in the name as a delimiter. Sometimes, this is really what we want, but other times it results in too many clicks when navigating a deeply nested folder structure (which is very frequent in Azure logging technologies)

See attached screenshots and imagine how many click were required to reach this file. This number of clicks could have been reduced to 0 if there had been an option to view blobs as a "flat" list (where "virtual folders" have been disabled)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Storage Explorer to autodetect proxy settings

This messes me up *so* much right now -- I'm alternating between Fiddler use which, depending on how I configure Storage Explorer, will block connections at times (in my case, to the Development emulator).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a Move button to Storage Explorer

Add a Move button to Storage Explorer, especially for File Shares. This functionality could move a file/folder to another location within the same share.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When Azure Storage Explorer could add AAD application for ADLSv2

Currently we need to use the REST API of Update to add permissions. The following link is an introduction to the API:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/rest/api/storageservices/datalakestoragegen2/path/update

Finally tested, you can add AAD's APP to the folder.

1. Create a SAS Token.

2. Save the Application ID.

3. Use a Postman or other tool to send a Path request.
    Method: PATCH
    Url: http://{accountName}.{dfs.core.windows.net }/{filesystem}/{path}?action={action}&position={position}&retainUncommittedData={retainUncommittedData}&timeout={timeout}&{SAS Token}
    Header: x-ms-acl: user::rwx,group::r-x,mask::rwx,other::---,user:87867a54-2d32-4d28-9444-ca42fd022abd:rwx
    x-ms-version: 2018-11-09

Sample Url: https://mscssadlsv2.dfs.core.windows.net/123//?action=setAccessControl&sv=2018-03-28&ss=bfqt&srt=sco&sp=rwdlacup&st=2019-01-16T23%3A37%3A00Z&se=2019-01-23T23%3A37%3A00Z&sig=lV8gu%2FgLeqsIhh2UDRxCSX0U7rPNgKpIQ7adxSMbe7g%3D

Is there any KB / road map / feature request for when AAD applications will be supported under storage explorer?

Can we add the feature to the ASE?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a Chocolatey package for Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer

Chocolatey makes it easy to install and upgrade programs. This should be easy to create with each deployment

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Localization of Azure Storage Explorer

Almost Japanese are not good at reading English. I have heard from my customer too.
    If be OSS , I can help to localize.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. RBAC for Storage Explorer in portal

Today Azure Storage Explorer in Azure Portal uses SAS authentication. When a user opens Storage Explorer in portal, it sends a listkey API call to retrieve the storage keys.

This will be an explorer problem if some one uses RBAC to limit the access to storage keys. If some one need to access the storage explorer, it will read the access keys even with the read only access.
    However, I don't know there is any other way to access the storage without access key(AAD may be).

I know currently, the Azure Storage Explorer in portal does not support RBAC (like…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Distribute AzCopy and Azure Storage Explorer via the Microsoft Store

Simple tools like Azure Storage Explorer and AzCopy are great candidates for inclusion in the Microsoft store. For cross-platform compatibility, it makes sense not to port to UWP and to continue distributing MSIs, but for those of us with Windows 10, it makes the installation process very simple. Also, Azure Storage Explorer always seems to want to update. With the Microsoft Store, updates happen transparently and quickly.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Storage Explorer | crash on startup on Ubuntu 18.04

Crash when starting up with this message
    An unexpected error occurred:

Error: libgnome-keyring.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
    at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:598:18)
    at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
    at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)
    at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/mohamed/bin/AzStorageExplorer/resources/app/node_modules/keytar/lib/keytar.js:4:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/mohamed/bin/AzStorageExplorer/resources/app/node_modules/keytar/lib/keytar.js:58:4)

I checked for this library using this cmd
    dpkg -S $(/sbin/ldconfig -p | awk 'NR>1 { print $NF }') | grep libsecret-1.so.0
    libsecret-1-0:amd64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsecret-1.so.0

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add support for azurite as local storage emulator to storage explorer tool

On linux the only option to emulate azure storage is the open source project azurite. Unfortunately this is not supported as local emulator for azure storage explorer. This way it is nearly impossible to develop and test storage locally. Please add support for azurite in storage explorer tool on linux.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve file search functionality in Active blobs

Improve search functionality in Active blobs. I would like to be able to search files where it does not rely on case-sensitive and allows me to search by extension. (.png, .jpg, etc.) Currently, if I was to type ".png" in the search bar, it will return nothing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base