Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New tool to view Storage Tables on iOS

Following your encouragement to inform about new tools to work with Azure Storage services I want to inform about my App AzureTabStorClient which can be used to view Azure Storage Tables on iOS devices. See more details at: https://azuretabstorclient.wordpress.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow non-public address ranges for Firewall and/or cross-region VNET rules

Storage accounts firewalls currently allow white-listing of networks within the same region.

I have peered VNETs in other regions that require access to a Blob Store.

I am unable to add these VNETs to the white-list and when I try to white-list the address range I am unable to because it is only possible white-list public IPs.

This leaves no option other than to leave the firewall open to world access. Although it is possible to lock down access using IAM, the addition of a Firewall would be preferred.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include Logic Apps in the Trusted Microsoft Services for Storage Accounts

Include Logic Apps in the Trusted Microsoft Services for Storage Accounts when configuring diagnostic settings in the Logic App to "archive to a storage account". Security Center flags logic app for not having this configured but then after configuring the storage account is flagged for not restriction access, "Restrict access to storage accounts with firewall and virtual network configurations (Preview)". Since the logic app can not be assigned to a virtual network this cannot be resolved/secured properly without taking my environment in to an App Service Environment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Life cycle policy prefix match shall match container name instead of start with

Currently when we set prefix match for container name in life cycle policy is actually query as container name start with which will affect all container name using similar container name . For example i got 2 container ALI and ALI-Monthly. If i put prefix match equal ALI. Both blob files in container ALI and ALI-Monthly will get deleted. Please enhance it so that only ALI will get deleted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we store Azure Storage Metrics in Eventhub?

Can we store Azure Storage Metrics in Eventhub? I've created a diagnostic setting for the Azure Storage account with a destination to an eventhub. However I don't see the stream. Do the logs and metrics only stay in the storage blobs?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. File upload/update with validate_content enabled: update content_md5 field

From several discussions with support team on file copy/update to ADLS using Python SDK/Java SDK, it seems that when validatecontent is set to True, only in HTTP mode, the contentmd5 field is validated versus the checksum calculated from the data uploaded. If contentmd5 matches with the checksum calculated from the file, then the file is loaded properly in ADLS, otherwise the upload fails. In case of successful transfer, the contentmd5 field is not updated.

I would suggest to:
    - update contentmd5 field with the value calculated so that any other user accessing the uploaded file

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make documentation and product match up

The quick start guide tells me to set blob storage tier but that options doesn't exist. Entire portal plus documentation seems to be a sales pitch rather than a resource as I (naively) assumed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Log entry when customer managed keys are auto-rotated

Currently there are no logs generated when Azure storage encryption keys are auto-rotated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Which Microsoft Azure Certification is designed for beginner?

Since you are looking for Microsoft Azure entry level certification, the answer seems very simple and straightforward. Microsoft AZ-900 exam or Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification is the way to move up the ladder.

The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 exam will definitely help you validate your skills and knowledge of the key Microsoft Azure concepts. Then, depending on your learning and experience, you can choose an other Azure certification.

https://www.justcerts.com/microsoft/microsoft-azure-fundamentals-certification-exams.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Flask's send_from_directory from Azure Container

Does sendfromdirectory in Flask support the use of paths in azure storage container? The current test is not feasible.

At present, sendfromdirectory only supports the use of the application path under the webserver.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add email report for the lifecycle management executions

Azure has provided the lifecycle management to clean up old files but we are not sure it can 100% delete those target files. Does it make sense for Azure to provide an option of email recipients during the rule setup? If it does not work as expected, it will send out corresponding alert to the email recipients.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the possibility of changing the ForEach limits in the logic app created by the Tasks.

Our team tried to create a Task to delete old blob files inside a Storage Account we have, but after we created the task and it ran successfully we didn't see a difference in the folders that has the format of folder/YYYY-MM-DD/Hour. Each hour folder has many blob files, which was the reason of why we didn't see the difference, because there is a limit on the ForEach condition of 5000 which didn't allow to delete all the files we wanted to delete, the work around we implemented was to reduce the recurrence to run from x in x minutes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CloudStorageAccount.Parse(): Support SafeString

CloudStorageAccount.Parse(): Today takes string as parameter, as it contains username/password, I think it would be better if it took a SafeString.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Logic Apps in the Trusted Microsoft Services for Storage Accounts

Include Logic Apps in the Trusted Microsoft Services for Storage Accounts when configuring diagnostic settings in the Logic App to "archive to a storage account". Security Center flags logic app for not having this configured but then after configuring the storage account is flagged for not restriction access, "Restrict access to storage accounts with firewall and virtual network configurations (Preview)". Since the logic app can not be assigned to a virtual network this cannot be resolved/secured properly without taking my environment in to an App Service Environment.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add email report for the lifecycle management executions

Azure has provided the lifecycle management to clean up old files but we are not sure it can 100% delete those target files. Does it make sense for Azure to provide an option of email recipients during the rule setup? If it does not work as expected, it will send out corresponding alert to the email recipients.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base