Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow sorting by file type in Storage Explorer

I can't sort the files in a container by type/extension in Azure Storage Explorer, which I do frequently with Windows Explorer.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. App Service AAD Authentication on Azure Storage Static Site Hosting

Currently, after exposing a site through Azure Storage Static Site Hosting, the only login method is to use ADAL.js or similiar. This means that no private info can be kept in the static site, and has to be retrieved from a backend which is secured using AAD. This is because even if I redirect to login, search crawlers will pick up the info.

In practice, as soon as I have a site with potentially sensitive info on it, I drop to using an App Service for just one feature: AAD Authentication.

If we could have a system identical to App…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stored access policy for Storage SAS

As per this documentation, I can see that "Stored access policies are not supported for the user delegation SAS or the account SAS.."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/define-stored-access-policy

Ask: Are we planning to implement Stored access policies for the account SAS ?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow automation account to access storage account

If options 'selected networks' is selected in storage account's firewall, we can not access the storage account contents from the Automation Account runbooks. Automation account is not considered as trusted Microsoft service, so, by checking the "Allow trusted Microsoft services to access this storage account" option does not work. We can add the public IP addresses to whitelist certain IPs, but automation account takes wide range of IP addresses (over 270 small ranges) and they can change over time.

The best way to allow automation account runbooks to access storage account is allow the option of adding service tags (like…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make storage service logging ARM managed

Currently, it appears that the storage account diagnostic settings are controlled via service provider API and not ARM API. Therefore, Azure Policy cannot enforce storage service logging settings, although such logging can be a security requirement. From that perspective, it would be better if storage service logging (and perhaps the diagnostic settings generally) were moved under the control of the ARM API and given Azure Policy aliases.

This is a similar request to:
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217298-storage/suggestions/34242376-azure-policy-for-preventing-public-blob-containers

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs

Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Storage Firewall for Linked ARM Templates

Add the Azure Resource Manager public IP addresses to the list of services that are "Allow Trusted Microsoft services to access this storage account" so that a blob storage account can be used as a linked ARM template location without having to use SaS tokens in releases.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SSD storage pricing is way high and the calculator in no way captures the actual cost that's incurred

The SSD pricing is way too costly for us - I tried the calculator ( https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/ ) but when I started using it, it went off charts!! When I got in touch with the customer care, I was told the charge of the disk is list price which is used to multiply the consumed units.

I've been using a single premium storage (SSD) which means I should be charged at $19.71 per month ( 1 X $19.71) and any the consumed units to be charged at $0.0036 per unit, so for instance if I have consumed 2.7 units it should…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SAS with secret httpost authentication

I want to prevent different clients, who sit behind the same public IP, from sharing SAS based URI's among each other.

If we can enable HTTP Post requests to a URI with the SAS attached, we can include authentication "secrets" as hidden fields in the request which can then be validated against the relevant SAS policy.

The process for authentication will be as follows:
    1. Web server requests a new SAS and submits a "secret", which is stored with the Fileshare policy.
    2. A SAS-token is generated (which does not contain the secret) and returned to the webserver.
    3. The…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Accept-Ranges: bytes header

Blob storage REST API supports returning partial responses when a Range header is included in the HTTP request

Blob storage however doesn't provide 'Accept-Ranges: bytes' in the response headers for GET nor HEAD requests, which would indicate to the client/browser that the server supports these types of requests.

Documented here:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Accept-Ranges

Http spec here:
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7233#section-2.3

Please add 'Accept-Ranges: bytes' to the headers of Blob Storage REST API responses

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Azure Storage Explorer Copy Paste Option grayed out

Azure Storage Explorer support variety of features such as Copy, Paste, Clone etc. However, we did not see any documentation which explains which roles and permissions should be set to view these feature.

Having such documentation should help us.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the selection of "Azure storage" tag in Azure route table

recently new feature came in NSG adding "Azure.storage" to allow NSG rule.
    Same way required in Azure Route Table to add rules.

Why because Azure storage, KeyVault .. ect are associated with dynamic Public IP and customer is not aware of it when the IP will changes

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create storage account sharding infrastructure.

Create storage account sharding infrastructure. It's an enormous, error prone task to create this infrastructure by hand. This really needs to be baked into the infrastructure.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A Storage Account responses timeout error when increasing the bandwide of requests

A Storage Account responses a ServerTimeoutError when increasing in Client Receive Bytes because of By-design of Load distributed processing.
    We want design change request so that the storage account does not send a ServerTimeoutError even increasing in Client Receive Bytes.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Logic App Connectors to dynamically pull a Storage Account Key rather than sticking with a statically configured key value

Currently, Connectors to Storage Accounts are configured with a Storage Account key during setup. Implementing Microsoft's recommended key rotation breaks the Connector as it's not able to dynamically pull the key value.

There is a workaround via PowerShell and adding an Azure Automation step to grab the key value and update the Connector prior to running any Logic App steps that require this Connector. While functional, this adds more access and complexity than should be required.

Data Factory v2 has a connector that dynamically pulls values from a Key Vault (screenshot attached). It would be great if the Storage Account…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Block deleting of Storage Accounts if Not Empty

If I am supposed to store Terra Bytes of data, in Management Portal easy delete option is very dangerous. Along with no way to retrieve deleted data. Even accidentally it does happen, today I created a test blob storage to test media services and then decided to delete it. I noticed, I could easily have selected something else and deleted it.

1. Two Factor Delete Operation, send a code to email and ask user to enter the code to delete.
    2. Perform delete after actual 24 hours.
    3. Use some sort of warning indication in email that delete request is under processing.

I…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email Notifications of Storage/Capacity

have email notifications of storage limit or service capacities. Recently ran out of space w/ no warning...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filter and sort files/blobs easily

Enable filtering of files/blobs by their type rather than only their name, and enable ordering list per date of modification or file size.
    Right now it's a bit cumbersome to use when we're debugging.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base