Block deleting of Storage Accounts if Not Empty
If I am supposed to store Terra Bytes of data, in Management Portal easy delete option is very dangerous. Along with no way to retrieve deleted data. Even accidentally it does happen, today I created a test blob storage to test media services and then decided to delete it. I noticed, I could easily have selected something else and deleted it.
1. Two Factor Delete Operation, send a code to email and ask user to enter the code to delete.
2. Perform delete after actual 24 hours.
2. Use some sort of warning indication in email that delete request is under processing.
I am currently hosting with dedicated servers and on request of actual deletion of server, I receive warnings and I get enough time period to revert back.
Or ask Users to first delete blobs under containers and then containers and then delete storage.
Thanks for your feedback! We have plans to improve our delete experience in the coming year. In addition, we now require you to type the name of your Storage account to confirm deletion.
Akash Kava commented
Soft delete + Two Factor Delete is different from typing the name of storage account,
1. Mostly we use copy and paste of name which is easily visible.
2. Under hacked account or angry administrator could destroy blob storage with useful data. We did loose important data stored in S3 when our account credentials were leaked.