How can we improve Azure Storage?

Avoid auto-generated duplicate files in Azure File Sync

I use Azure File Sync to keep a couple web sites synchronized between a local VM and 2 Azure VMs. The files are stored in an SMB share on Azure Files and accessed directly by IIS 10.
The issue I had a couple times recently, is that a modified file gets automatically duplicated. For example, in the "App_Code" folder of my ASP.Net site, I have a file named "footer.cs". After modifying it locally or through one of the Azure VMs, after a few hours, a new file appears named "footer-Cloud.cs", containing an older version of the same file. This breaks the site as a duplicate class definition is detected...
Would it be possible to prevent this? Or use another naming convention? If the alternate file were named "footer.cs.cloud", I would not have had any issue,
Thanks for this great feature.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frédéric Mauroy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frédéric Mauroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Azure File Sync to keep a couple web sites synchronized between a local VM and 2 Azure VMs. The files are stored in an SMB share on Azure Files and accessed directly by IIS 10.
        The issue I had a couple times recently, is that a modified file gets automatically duplicated. For example, in the "App_Code" folder of my ASP.Net site, I have a file named "footer.cs". After modifying it locally or through one of the Azure VMs, after a few hours, a new file appears named "footer-Cloud.cs", containing an older version of the same file. This breaks the site as a duplicate class definition is detected...
        Would it be possible to prevent this? Or use another naming convention? If the alternate file were named "footer.cs.cloud", I would not have had any issue,
        Thanks for this great feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base