to remove 'Delete container' button from container view
My bad experience says that it's very confusing to present 'Delete container' button (option) on the panel inside the container view.
On attached screenshot you can see the situation.
My user experience here is:
- if any copy/delete/upload/move operations are presented as options (buttons) - they are going to be applied to selected items. NOT a container itself. So my eye is eager to catch any button with garbage can icon and title started with "Delete ..." - to delete selected items
- When I'm in a container view as on screenshot and there are tons of blobs inside this container - last thing I want to do - is to completely wipe out this container.
- I expect to apply any operations against container - when I'm staying one level above it (in parent view) - by selecting it (as a checkbox) or by using context menu
- That's also very sad how easy is to do that and having no any option to roll it back
I would propose to:
- collect statistics how often users use 'Delete container' button for non-empty containers (full of blobs) inside of a container view. I would expect it's not so usual use-case.
- collect statistics how often users do that by accident (changing their mind, clicking cancel, complaining to support that they accidentally removed it)
- if users regularly experience issues because of this behavior - consider to remove this button from this view (redesign this panel)
- otherwise - force user to type a name of the container to make sure this is really what was intended to be done.
- review that design approach for all similar views if there are any