How can we improve Azure Storage?

make it possible to use SSL on blob storage using custom domains

Currently you can use SSL but you have to user the standard URL. You can create a CNAME to your storage account but most browsers complain that the traffic was rerouted and is possibly an attack. There should be a way to install a domain certificate to your containers.

3,175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tobin RysengaTobin Rysenga shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShamSham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update? This is quite a basic requirement for any self respecting business site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft , I hope you can add this function , Azure storage blob using sustom domains .

• Phil YorkPhil York commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SSL is already in use on the storage accounts https://mydomain.blob.core.windows.net/
        So why is it not readily available for custom domains with SSL?
        We require this asap, current site is SSL and get the dreaded message in console (The page at 'https://mydomain'; was loaded over HTTPS, but displayed insecure content from 'http://myblobaccount/images/...': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

Microsoft, when is this going to happen?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review 8 months ago, can we have an update? SSL is becoming increasingly important especially for business services in the cloud.

• Guy HarwoodGuy Harwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty shocked that this isnt possible already. My app has been using http for 2+ years and now im faced with losing all my custom image URLs, or sticking with HTTP (and hence no social login)

• 628426628426 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not an expert, hardly even an enthusiastic amateur, however my understanding is, to support this:
        - you would need to give your private key to Azure
        - or alternatively the Azure ops team would need to be able to apply for SSL cert using your top level domain
        - or the Azure platform could generate a certificate using your custom domain name and clients would receive certificate warnings
        - or Verisign/Thawte would need to provide the Azure team with their private key for them to generate legit certificates

If my understanding is correct, none of these options is something I would be comfortable with. Happy to be educated if there is indeed a secure way to achieve this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I think this should be a good idea can have a custom ssl in Blob Storage.
        I'm waiting for this solution, perhaps..

• Jeroen LandheerJeroen Landheer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is for one of my projects an absolute 'must', uploading certificates like we do with cloud services shouldn't be that hard to implement

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I certainly agree with this if you are trying to do ecommerce. I am surprised that the Azure team did not see this coming considering the importance of security and user experience going on there internally

• LifePro FinancialLifePro Financial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. Using the standard URL is a workaround, but it would be nice to be able to use a CNAME to access blob containers with encryption.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base