How can we improve Azure Storage?

Increase the size of a BLOB Storage Account to an indefinite amount

I'm currently working on a solution which will be using multiple storage accounts which will continue to grow indefinitely.
The 100TB limit means that I have to continuously list the blobs in my container to workout what the total size used is and then determine if I need to create a new storage account on the fly. This is cumbersome and time consuming for the type of performance the business requires.

It would be better to remove the account size limitation which would simplify the solution considerably and remove all the blob listing look-ups which seem counter intuitive. The only other alternative would be to provide an API call to show the current size of an account.

I'm well aware of the 5k transactions per second and 3 gigabits per second limitations per storage account, and fall well within them... even using a 10 year projection.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Grant Warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working on increasing the scale limits of storage accounts. See the following post for updated capacity limits (currently at 5 PB for a single storage account): https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/announcing-larger-higher-scale-storage-accounts/. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base