How can we improve Azure Storage?

Improve Search Performance for exact matches

We are currently using Azure Media Services which creates a new blob container for each asset. We currently have 40,000 distinct assets. When attempting to search from the blob container level using the exact container id it can take 10+ minutes. This seams to be searching for content within the containers as well. In contrast if we search Azure Media Services Explorer by id it is instant. It would be good to be able to have more control over how it searches

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry didn't notice a comment, yes using Storage Explorer. For example. If you open Azure Media Services Explorer, Search for an asset (which is quick), open the asset properties it then shows the Storage Url in the format of "https://{{ACCOUNT}}.blob.core.windows.net/asset-{{GUID}}". The last section of the URL matches the blob container name. If you then open Azure Storage Explorer, In the explorer panel on the left drill down to the Blob Container level then select the search icon and enter the container name (asset-{{GUID}}). this often takes 10+mins, i've timed it a few times

Feedback and Knowledge Base